Sign in to follow this  
HarrisKevyn

Foldable Weapons

I Liked their idea of the sawed-off shotgun, and the ability to carry it in your pack, but I cant see any weapons currently on the rostier that can do that.
Which is why im suggesting ideas for foldable weapons. There are three weapons that i really like that can have a great coveted value;

Kel-Tec Sub 2000
Hotchkiss Universal SMG
AR-7 Longrifle

They come as 9mm and .22lr and fold up remarkably well. Im Especially a fan of the Hotchkiss Universal because of how quickly it can be loaded, as it features a semi-integrated magazine.

The trick to these kinds of weapons would be making them either extremely rare, or very fragile, less they be game-breaking.

Anyone have imputs on the idea? Or maybe additional weapons that compact and store easily?

post-196297-0-98055200-1393644019_thumb.

• Like 6

I've often thought of this. Beans for you.

There are, however, more fitting foldable weapons, like the AKS and AKS-74, which are AK and AK-74 rifles with folding stocks, PPs-43 Submachinegun, and MP5s. 

On a side note, the Soon-to-be-added AK-74M's stock is foldable aswell. Hopefully the devs think of this.

Crossed my mind and im also hoping they would Implement folding for the 74m Stock. Looking at the model they have on the wiki page, its just a wooden stock, but it would be nice to see foldable stocks implemented in as customization options similar to the Mosin-Nagant's bipods.

The only issue that I can see is the limited functionality of a folding stock. It will be useful when stuffing it into a fridge (when they implement containers), but not much else.

Crossed my mind and im also hoping they would Implement folding for the 74m Stock. Looking at the model they have on the wiki page, its just a wooden stock, but it would be nice to see foldable stocks implemented in as customization options similar to the Mosin-Nagant's bipods.

The only issue that I can see is the limited functionality of a folding stock. It will be useful when stuffing it into a fridge (when they implement containers), but not much else.

What limited functionality?

Foldable assault rifle (not to mention SMG's) isn't that big and would definitely fit in a backpack, so it would be nice mechanic to have main weapon as secondary.

The only issue of this attachment or core part of the weapon is the balancing issue, with snipers carrying both a sniper rifle and assault rifle with them.

So instead of foldable buttstocks may have to add weapon backpack/case instead to carry another primary, so they have to sacrifice most inventory space for it.

Anything with a folding stock should be able to be folded and tucked away inside a backpack or suitcase

We should also be able to use guns without a stock, like an M4 and have it be shorter with greatly increased recoil.

Suppressors and stuff should also add length to the gun.

Bayonets and folding stocks should automatically act as folded in when placed in a container.

Fixed stocks and suppressors should have to be removed beforehand though.

Edited by AP_Norris

We should also be able to use guns without a stock, like an M4 and have it be shorter with greatly increased recoil.

Pointless removing a collapsible stock, you'd still have the buffer tube sticking out. May as well keep the stock.

KhBRXNt.jpg?1

Pointless removing a collapsible stock, you'd still have the buffer tube sticking out. May as well keep the stock.KhBRXNt.jpg?1

What about fixed, non adjustable stock?

Its a possibility they may add folding stocks for only the SMGs. God knows i would love to have an ak74 with a folding stock, but that has some serious game-balancing issues if snipers could carry a 7.62x5.45 in their backpack.

Edited by HarrisKevyn

Is this game about realism or about balance? If you want balance, go play cod. I loved the brutal unapologetic nature of the mod, and would like to see that carried over to the standalone.

Edited by agouti
  • Like 1

What about fixed, non adjustable stock?

Wouldn't work in the long run. Ever tried to fire an M16 without having it braced up against something? Accurately? 

Shorter barrels for guns that have "easily" interchangeable barrels like the M4. You should be able to split the weapon into pieces to fit it into your backpack if it is possible with said weapon.