brazorf

About combat logging.

I've read about this here and there, i'd like to get a better understanding of the matter. 

1. Is it really that easy? I'm going killed => i logout => i'm safe (or a bloody walking dead anyway lol)!?

2. Is there any solution implemented to prevent people doing this?

3. Is there anything in next releases roadmap?

4. Finally, how many of you guys do combat log? :)

1. Not really as easy, see 2.

2. When you log out, your avatar sits down for a minute. In this state, you can and will be killed. Also, if you change servers too quickly, you must wait for a timer to end before joining a different server, depending on how long you were on the last one.

3. No idea yet.

4. If anyone does, they haven't admitted it.

Edited by Geckofrog7

2. When you log out, your avatar sits down for a minute. In this state, you can and will be killed. Also, if you change servers too quickly, you must wait for a timer to end before joining a different server, depending on how long you were on the last one.

Eh? If i do legit logout i can be shot?

@ Brazorf ,yes your vulnerable for like 30 seconds i think. Logout somewhere safe away from zed and player foot traffic mate!!

Hi Brazorf,

I won't answer your first 3 questions because they have been answered already but to your last question.

I play as a lone wolf and have never logged in all my hours. Recently I teamed up with 2 friends and last night was my first ever gunfight in dayz and it was an amazing experience.

Berezino - 5 fully armed guys took to holding up 2 fresh spawns. Our team of 3 had the advantage as we were hidden up off the ground, so we decided to do something about it. What ensued was a drawn out 2 hour long gun fight and a roller coaster of emotions. I actually thought after 30 mins that they had logged as things got quiet for awhile, but no dice the fight continued.

I have been shot at, held up etc and the emotions were there but this was on another level and would never had experienced it if either side logged. In 200+ hours, this is by far my favourite experience so far. 

I was a wreck afterwards - shaky, sweaty and full of adrenaline. My point...You only cheapen your own experience by logging and the community despises this! Just don't do It, no matter the excuse.

• Like 2

You can't treat DayZ play like a FPS. There is no Save Game when you're in a tight spot or made a bad decision and find yourself on the losing side. Take your medicine, learn from it, and maybe reconsider consequences.

Two words about Combat Logging...

Punks

Bounty ;)

My mate did it his first char I took him to get geared up blah blah blah.

WE surprised a geared bloke who got all "want some food or ammo ill give it to you" I said "nah brah best you jog on" watched him run of from on top of a school in cherno I know it was dumb.

While my mate was running around BAM! Dead.

Now im yelling "camp my gear I got 2 morphine and more ammo then god ill be back down soon"...

"I already logged out"he sez as he strolls out for a smoke.

I tried to combat log once, when a guy was flying outside the second floor window of a school and shooting me through the window. My chances would have been better, if I had simply tried to kill him. Instead my char protested the cheating peacefully by doing a sitting blockade. Not my best moment, but rational thought had left my brain and made room for pure panic.

I think a lot of combat loggers die quite a lot because they choose not to fight back.

Edited by bautschi

1. It is easy to log out but you are likely to get killed.  So... no :)

2. Your character stays in game for a minute or so when you log out, meaning if you were in combat or being shot at you will likely be dead. 

3. Not I am aware of,  

4. I never would, it's almost certainly the worse option to avoid death.  

2. Your character stays in game for a minute or so when you log out, meaning if you were in combat or being shot at you will likely be dead. 

It is 30 seconds to be exact. But yeah, plenty of time for enemies to kill you.

I got a woody just reading about your 2 hour gunfight!  What an experience!!!

Hi Brazorf,

I won't answer your first 3 questions because they have been answered already but to your last question.

I play as a lone wolf and have never logged in all my hours. Recently I teamed up with 2 friends and last night was my first ever gunfight in dayz and it was an amazing experience.

Berezino - 5 fully armed guys took to holding up 2 fresh spawns. Our team of 3 had the advantage as we were hidden up off the ground, so we decided to do something about it. What ensued was a drawn out 2 hour long gun fight and a roller coaster of emotions. I actually thought after 30 mins that they had logged as things got quiet for awhile, but no dice the fight continued.

I have been shot at, held up etc and the emotions were there but this was on another level and would never had experienced it if either side logged. In 200+ hours, this is by far my favourite experience so far. 

I was a wreck afterwards - shaky, sweaty and full of adrenaline. My point...You only cheapen your own experience by logging and the community despises this! Just don't do It, no matter the excuse.

• Like 1