PoppinHeads

Blurry Graphics Glitch After Combat?

OP has post processing turned off. The effect disappears completely after opening and closing the video settings, according to the OP. It doesn't just disappear while the options are open. He has to open and close them to continue playing normally.

A) If that's the case why don't we all experience this problem every time we get into combat as stated by the OP? I certainly don't get shock sized screen blur after every single encounter. And yes, I know how the shock mechanic works, thanks.

B ) Why does the effect disappear completely after opening and closing the video options? 

If you know how the shock mechanic works then why do you not understand how some people don't get blurry screens from combat while some do....

It goes away when you go to the video screen because THAT is the bug it is not suppose to go away.

Also because the game says you are healthy does not mean you are not injured he could have injuries he does not know about... All healthy means is you are gaining blood and health back when needed.

OP has post processing turned off. The effect disappears completely after opening and closing the video settings, according to the OP. It doesn't just disappear while the options are open. He has to open and close them to continue playing normally.

I understand. But that is a known bug, opening video settings and closing it will remove post processing effects. That has been known since release. So there's no point in focusing on that fact like it's some kind of important evidence.

I think the fact that he has post processing disabled but still sees blur is interesting and might be the key to figuring it out. Or did they ninja in a forced post processing change last patch?

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY YOU NEED TO GET HEALTHY. This is a hardcore survival game there is no easy mode there is no hand holding. You do your research you use common sense and critical thinking and you will be fine.

Hey; maybe try reading the thread instead of looking a bit more than silly 'kay?  We already stated that our characters are healthy, energized, hydrated, have blood etc.  The blur never goes away unless you go to the video config menu.  It is not a health/shock related issue... *I REPEAT: IT IS NOT A HEALTH OR SHOCK RELATED ISSUE*

• Like 1

If you know how the shock mechanic works then why do you not understand how some people don't get blurry screens from combat while some do....

It goes away when you go to the video screen because THAT is the bug it is not suppose to go away.

Also because the game says you are healthy does not mean you are not injured he could have injuries he does not know about... All healthy means is you are gaining blood and health back when needed.

I'm sorry... but. really? LOL :/ come on... My character can see with 100% color, the zombie/player never injures my character and once combat is over the vision gets blurry.  It is a bug, plain and simple.  The OP and I are not the only people with this very annoying problem (try fighting multiple zombies at the same time with this *blur* feature when you are not even getting hit by the attacker)

And yes, if the game says I am healthy - it is a computer game, programmed to tell me if I am healthy or not.  If I am not healthy, and the game is reporting I am; that would be called a bug bro.

Why? I am not allowed to respond to things or is nub to much of a no no word for your virgin eyes?

Stop being cocky and read the thread is all he is saying.  Stop pretending like he is in the wrong and actually read wtf this thread is about instead of acting all high and mighty. This is a known issue, and it is annoying.  I bet if it was happening to you, you would be crying all over the forums... only to be met with someone that has your "me, me, me - always right" mentality.  Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Guys, healthy does not mean healing....

Healthy just means you are close to full in the food/water, (among other things that are not used yet) but you need to be at 100% to say "healing"

If you want to really know why, try a transfusion or saline bag and see if it gets better, but I know for a fact that blurry/black and white/color tones fading means loss of blood, ive ran around for a few hours at a time sometimes because I thought it was when i lowered graphic settings but as soon as I stuffed my guy with food/water it made the world difference.

Guys, healthy does not mean healing....

Healthy just means you are close to full in the food/water, (among other things that are not used yet) but you need to be at 100% to say "healing"

If you want to really know why, try a transfusion or saline bag and see if it gets better, but I know for a fact that blurry/black and white/color tones fading means loss of blood, ive ran around for a few hours at a time sometimes because I thought it was when i lowered graphic settings but as soon as I stuffed my guy with food/water it made the world difference.

You clearly don't have a clue how the health system works.

@OP I'm unsure of the issue, only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be make sure motion blur is off, but based on what you've been saying about FPS optimization, I'm sure it's off already.  Submit a bug report if you haven't and do your best to cope until it gets fixed.

Op, bottom line, the fact that you can open up the settings to rid the blurriness is a bug, report. However that doesn't mean you've fixed your health issue, it's just a 'cheat' to bypass the status effect.

You clearly don't have a clue how the health system works.

@OP I'm unsure of the issue, only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be make sure motion blur is off, but based on what you've been saying about FPS optimization, I'm sure it's off already.  Submit a bug report if you haven't and do your best to cope until it gets fixed.

He mentions its AFTER combat .... I can almost guarantee its health related... or it is his computer in which case, he probably also got hit by the enemy which contributed to it....

this is coming from my current char that I've run away from 4 firefights and got up from unconscious twice, with barely any food and water and now I can see clear as day... so yea i've had the issue where my screen will get blurry and settings wont change it, because this game is set to be realistic, but thats my opinion.

I had the same issue before, I simply entered video settings and went out of it again. After which the blur was gone and I was rdy to go again. Hopefully this might work for you too, if it doesn't I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Gl finding a solution!

- Have a nice day. :)

• Like 1

I hate to say it - but that simply isn't the case.  If a zombie/player or what ever grazes me without any injury, and I am hydrated and energized - the effects do not go away at all.  This is always after combat.  I have seen a lot of people posting about this issue, and I don't understand what is causing it either.

Stumbled into this problem myself now, i put up a few of my settings and since i have, whenever i get hit by a zombie/melee, i get blurred vision full health etc. Strangest part is though, if i simply go into options then just click on video, it immediately corrects itself back to normal. Has to be a bug really since something so simple (yet time consuming and dangerous in combat), corrects it.

• Like 1

My health is fine.  I don't understand, are people not reading the words on the screen?  I'm HEALTHY, and the mobs don't land any hits on me, and post processing is already OFF.  If this is truly a game design function, how does simply clicking on "Video" in "Configuration" sharpen up the screen?  I will try to record it and post if that would help.

My mate has the same thing, are you using Nvidia? It's definitely a bug and the only fix I've seen is the one you already do, go into and out of video settings. Thing is, it only recently started happening to him and there's been no updates in between so not sure what it is. You're also not running anything else like shadowplay or fraps? Have you set all graphics to zero and screen blur all the way off as well as head bob, etc?

Basically turn all the shit off or as low as it will go and test it. If it's still happening then unlikely you can do anything until it gets fixed. If it doesn't happen then you need to work on finding the setting that's causing it.

• Like 1

This seems to be happening with both AMD and Nvidia cards.  I have a Radeon card, and I get this bug all the time.  This bug so far hasn't happened on Experimental servers yet (to me), so I am wondering if they are testing it out/fixing it.  In regular, non-experimental game mode this issue happens to me constantly.  My character is fed, well taken care of; even if a zombie doesn't hit me - his vision is still blurry after battle.  This also happens when logging in to a server, as soon as my character spawns in - everything is blurry.  The reason I can confirm that this issue has nothing to do with the health issue is because when I smash a zombie in the head with an axe (1 hit, one kill) and the zombie dies: poof I need glasses. *settings, configure, graphics* and it is gone.  I don't see in black and white, full color. 

Unless somewhere along the lines my character got eye damage from some form of attack and it stuck/didn't heal?? That is the only thing I can think of... but highly doubtful.  I haven't tried using saline / blood transfusion because I play alone atm. 

Has anyone who has had this issue used saline or blood ?  If so did it work?

thanks - sincerely,

Mr. Magoo (a lot of you might be way to young for that ref)

Anyone else running into this?  Like most, I have had to basically lower all my visual settings to get the game playable.  I am having a constant issue that is repeatable and can be duplicated.

Upon entering combat with a zombie or other player, once said enemy has been killed, my visuals get all blurry.  This is regardless of if enemy lands or does not land a hit on me.  When this happens, if I simply open the video configuration dialogue box, the picture immediately sharpens up when clicking on "Video" in settings.  I have to do this every time I am in combat with another player or mob.

Anyone else experiencing this or know of a fix?  Thanks.

It happens to me too when it does go into the pause menu go to video then just exit out it goes back to normal

This seems to be happening with both AMD and Nvidia cards.  I have a Radeon card, and I get this bug all the time.  This bug so far hasn't happened on Experimental servers yet (to me), so I am wondering if they are testing it out/fixing it.  In regular, non-experimental game mode this issue happens to me constantly.  My character is fed, well taken care of; even if a zombie doesn't hit me - his vision is still blurry after battle.  This also happens when logging in to a server, as soon as my character spawns in - everything is blurry.  The reason I can confirm that this issue has nothing to do with the health issue is because when I smash a zombie in the head with an axe (1 hit, one kill) and the zombie dies: poof I need glasses. *settings, configure, graphics* and it is gone.  I don't see in black and white, full color. 

Unless somewhere along the lines my character got eye damage from some form of attack and it stuck/didn't heal?? That is the only thing I can think of... but highly doubtful.  I haven't tried using saline / blood transfusion because I play alone atm. 

Has anyone who has had this issue used saline or blood ?  If so did it work?

thanks - sincerely,

Mr. Magoo (a lot of you might be way to young for that ref)

i had this issue a while back. had a buddy give me a bloodbag to see if it helped even tho i was energized/hydrated/healthy for almost 2 hours and had blurry screen. recieving a bloodbag fixed it. one of my other clan mates had this issue as well, and a bloodbag cleared it right up. i almost suicided because i thought it was a bug due to colors being normal and just screen being out of focus(blurry). decided to try a bloodbag since i was gonna suicide to try to fix the bug and thank god i did haha.

Edited by hellcat420

Yeah, definitely make sure you report it if your post processing is off and your screen is blurry.

Even if the all important "Healthy" icon is not showing; If your post processing is off your screen should not have any blur. 

Sooo many people hatin' on this thread.

Chill.