Sign in to follow this  
kroms001

Alpha/Beta/Retail purchases etc

Sure this has to have been asked before, I looked searched etc - but didn't find a thing.

So all of us are technically paying to alpha/beta test this game for the devs, and I was wondering when it eventually goes full retail; are we going to have to purchase it again at the upped price?  Or will our copies of the Alpha/Beta etc turn magically into retail versions?

thx

You get the full game, it's called 'early access' for this reason. The price will also increase once it reaches BETA and 'release', so it's worth buying it now in some ways.

See it like this: you preorder (and pay) the finished game and as a "thank you" you get access to the alpha to already fool around with it to a lower price. Devs also hope you do some playtests and report any issue you find.

Thinking of buying this game now, but I heard something that the dev might be canceled? So whats going on (believe it was IGN that said)

turn magically into retail Versions?

no. the lines of code meet at a clusterfuck where they compile together. later on a beta is born...

ofc you could say some magic is involved.

Thinking of buying this game now, but I heard something that the dev might be canceled? So whats going on (believe it was IGN that said)

The man who created the idea is stepping down from project lead when his imput is no longer needed , He had the idea but its not JUST HIM making it the rights are owned by BIS they are and will continue to make and finish the game...

Dean Hall is far from the most experienced guy on the team he was a junior in the company that had an amazing idea for a game that was proven track record being made as a mod...

He is basicly the creative director once his vision is complete then it will be left to those more able to polish the idea to a bug free( well mostly bug free lol i live in the real world) completed game that you will get if you buy now at cheap price will get if you buy in beta at a larger cost or will get if you buy at retail release at full retail price...

• Like 1