Sign in to follow this  
Najitsu

CPR in Dayz SA?!?!

I love the aspect of perma death in this game, it makes those interactions with other survivors much more thrilling. However when you actually die I wish there was more we could do, I mean we have Defib units, Epinephrine, saline bags, blood bags which only work on an unconscious survivors. In the upcoming patch we will be able to check for a pulse and determine if it's irregular or if there is even one present.

So it only makes sense to add CPR to bring someone back from death. There should of course be certain time frames when someone has optimal chance for resuscitation. Such as intervention having to be performed within the first 3 mins or else you have a 0% chance to bring them back. They should make this as realistic as possible in terms of how we bring them back from death and how they died in the first place. Obviously if someone fell from a 4 story building we shouldn't be able to bring them back or if they took 30 rounds to the chest/ gunshot to the head.

But those that do die due to infection, blood loss, a certain amount of gun shots or shots to the limbs I propose that we be able to revive other players through emergency intervention

- example- Person dies due to a gunshot wound to the limbs possibly one to the chest or just blood loss, but not vital organs hit. We should be able to stop the bleeding, give fluids in the form of saline/blood, perform CPR, check for pulse, give epinephrine, and shock with the defibrillator to bring them back. They could make this better performed by two rescuer while one is performing cpr the other is giving fluids and other intervention.

Another example would be infection when that starts to play a role in Dayz SA, if someone is unconscious and eventually becomes dead there should be a time limit when we can be able to administer fluids/ antibiotics/ CPR.

There should be a minimal chance to bring them back and it may not be possible due to other survivors, or zombies if they become more of a threat.

I mean it may be complicated to add something like this to the game and I don't want this to take away from the thrill of perma death. However this can add a new survival aspect to the game and make it more challanging and interesting.

What does everyone think about being able to perform CPR in the game?

What would the criteria have to be for them to be revived?

Even after they come back to life, they could die again due to internal bleeding or infection...?

Should they make it simple or complex?

Should it not be implemented at all?

Please give reasonings to your opinion.

• Like 1

CPR is already being worked on. Go and read some updates from the Devs. Try dayzdevblog.com.

Edit: Stupid fucking phone and its stupid fucking autocorrect.

Edited by Monkfish

CPR could be difficult with bullet holes in your carcass...just saying...

Should be more for suffocation/ drowning.

It might have an effect on heart attack victims, but I think Defib is far superior.

Maybe if we go unconscious from food poisoning in which case we may choke on vomit.

Two features could be added, rolling somebody safely onto their side so they don't drown in vomit and also resuscitating someone that has stopped breathing.

CPR could be difficult with bullet holes in your carcass...just saying...

I was just thinking this aswell.. and indeed you would be needing multiple people for CPR in some cases.

Edited by Chauz

CPR is already being worked on. Go and read some updates from the Devs. Try dayzdevblog.com.

Edit: Stupid fucking phone and its stupid fucking autocorrect.

I'm glad to read that, it seems like they were heading that way with checking a pulse and all. Cant wait to learn more about the specific aspects of this.

I was just thinking this aswell.. and indeed you would be needing multiple people for CPR in some cases.

Very true, But what about limb shots leading to death?

It is still a game so you would not want to put to many factors in like someone going into shock ect. I even think the hearth attack ect is to much imo. 

Get shot in the leg and loose the ability to run/walk depending on the wound, get shot in the arm loose aim or grip in that arm depending on the wound, simple stuff should be enough.

It is still a game so you would not want to put to many factors in like someone going into shock ect. I even think the hearth attack ect is to much imo. 

Get shot in the leg and loose the ability to run/walk depending on the wound, get shot in the arm loose aim or grip in that arm depending on the wound, simple stuff should be enough.

I think you've completely missed the direction DayZ is going in. Heart attacks, defibs and CPR are just the tip of the iceberg.  :D

• Like 1

I think you've completely missed the direction DayZ is going in. Heart attacks, defibs and CPR are just the tip of the iceberg.  :D

I think you completely missed by post. I state IMO it should not be in it, even tho I disagree I am wel aware it is going to be in the game otherwise I would not be able to bring it up would I  :P

And if I dont like their concept of the game in a later state I could just simply quit the game ^^

Edited by Chauz

What does everyone think about being able to perform CPR in the game?

What would the criteria have to be for them to be revived?

Even after they come back to life, they could die again due to internal bleeding or infection...?

Should they make it simple or complex?

Should it not be implemented at all?

Please give reasonings to your opinion.

This is a GREAT idea, by the way, and I will look into the information of them already working on it.

As for those who are saying it would be difficult to bring someone back with bullet holes in them, yes, it's true, but it IS done every day.

To answer your questions:

1. CPR, in my opinion is a must, and for it to be as realistic as possible, I think they should stick to ACTUAL CPR standards (30 compressions/2 breaths per min)

2. The more accurate you are with your CPR, the better your chances of reviving someone, but I agree that those chances should calculate with how that person died

3. If that person who was revived was too badly wounded and/or not medically cared for in the appropriate way for that matter, then yes, they should be able to die from their original wounds/injuries

4. I think they should make this complex.  The more people want to know about CPR and the more they want to work at it in-game, the more they'll know how to manage in real-life situations.  This would also keep every single player out there knowing as much as the medic in their group

One more thing I must add.  The people that I have performed CPR on in my career and those I know who have had it done on them by others, do not always fair well for a WHILE after the event EVEN IF they live through it.  In almost every instance, MULTIPLE ribs are broken, a pneumothorax occurs, and major bruising is also present.  The victim (or patient) should suffer some serious side-effects and be extremely limited to activity for a while after having this done to them.

• Like 1

CPR would be cool.

I think the greater idea of being able to manage a player's vitals after death would be awesome.

When a buddy gets dropped, you first remove the threat or drag him to safety. Then one person can begin CPR while another removes bullets with pliers, uses a sowing kit to stitch wounds then bandage it all up. Another player can be using saline bags or blood bags to get fluids back into the downed player.

It would be an intense and immersive addition to the game that is also very useful.

I don't like the idea of bring people "back from death" if it's due to combat related or multiple trauma causes. Once someone in a situation like this goes into decompensated shock, your chances of resuscitation are almost nil. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but the odds are skewed heavily toward death even with trained personnel and modern equipment. IF they could incorporate a system of shock, both compensated and de, then it wouldn't be so much "bring them back from death" but halting death with some stop-gaps.

You should check out Roshi's medical suggestions.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164770-roshis-suggestions/?hl=roshi

Also, take a look at the link he has at the bottom of his first post. It's a link for Combat Lifesaver(CLS) manual, very relevant to any medical care which should make it in game imo. As the injuries/trauma presented in-game, along with the field environment, are in-line with real world casualties(see page 1-3 of the CLS pdf for a quick breakdown of casualty fatalities by cause). Survivability and medical care could easily be tweaked to remain realistic/authentic but still resemble the brutality of combat related death and not relegate it to some arcadie unrealistic reviving with defib paddles.