Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Forced headbob for the sake of realism?

Headbob and realism  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want headbob enabled at the same amount for all players?

• Yes, floating camera for a face is unrealistic.
    • No, I don't like headbob, no matter how insignificant it may be.

FOR THE SAKE OF REALISM

Oh boy who doesn't love when gamers invent "realism". Also got to love incredibly biased and poorly created polls used for nothing other than to make the OP look right. If your view when you run looks like ARMA at full headbob you probably have neurological problems, or your eyes are fused solidly into your sockets.

Your head moves when you are walking about, but our eyes don't see in a 1680x1050 stationary panel of pixels that shows a picture of bobbing and weaving as our body sits still. Humans have such a huge field of view and such insane optical resolution. Our brain can make sense of the movement by communicating with the systems of our body that help with balance and positional awareness, and helps to dampen our perception of this movement. Our eyes and our brain can easily get confused if the visual information we are receiving doesn't match up with the body's senses, which is why some people get motion sickness.

No, it should not be forced, nor is it realistic to how we perceive motion as human beings. Some people like it (namely re-inventors of what is "real"), but I personally have trouble making a damned thing out when my view is freaking out all over the place (and can see just fine in real life when moving about.)

I like that there is a small amount of headbob, because we don't glide around, but forcing everyone to look through a pair of binoculars while doing a 100 meter dash is a great way to make people physically unable to play.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

Almost every or every game apart of this one has a fixed headbob, Red Orchestra, Rust, etc etc... 

I like the idea of a fixed headbob for everyone, if you play with headbob you will be on disadvantage.

I would like the headbob to be smother than actually is, there is a few miliseconds where the camera do a sudden movement making the headbob not smooth, even when is turned down, and I think that's the cause most of the people doesn't like  the headbob in Dayz and Arma.

Please make an standard smooth headbob like all the other games.

Edited by Wili

Even with the slider all the way down there is a little head bob still. If there was more I would not play anymore as it makes me feel sick...

What this guys said.  Also with it down all the way I think it is still too much.  I've compared my IRL head sway standing still to that of the character's, and the characters is still drastically higher with the slider down. Maybe I'm just that stable IRL but I doubt it. Also when running IRL I don't think I get as much bob as I do with the slider down in game. You can't go by how much your head actually moves and then incorporate it into the game, because your brain is constantly making corrections for bob and essentially compresses it.  Otherwise we'd all be throwing up if we even tried to walk IRL :)

Personally, since they improved the headbob since ArmA II's, I would like to eventually see the option to turn it off go away. In ArmA II, maximum headbob was the equivalent of tying a Mini Cooper to your forehead, so I can fully understand the reason for it not being forced.

Now, in Standalone DayZ, it is the equivalent of many other first person shooters. So

FOR THE SAKE OF REALISM, 

would you like to see it forced? In real life, you can get a better view of something in the distance if you stop and take a good look at it rather than trying to look at it while running. Our head always moves a bit, because in real life we aren't a camera floating six feet off the ground.

It would be on the same level for all players. Non-adjustable.

simply turn it off then ..why the fuck should you decide for everyone else? what is wrong with you? who knows, perhaps you are a lefty and sudenly need everyone else to play lefty as well! this is simply stupid!