Sign in to follow this  
gomeowmeow

optic magnifier

i think these would make a nice addition, so say you have a red dot on your m4 and you see a guy out at a far range, just flip your magnifier up and bam. when your done just flip it back off to the side

• Like 1

This is dayZ, not battlefield 4. If you want to "bam" (rofl) go play that game instead, or Arma (if you want similar gameplay)

I can't wait until more features gets released which makes it harder to survive so people actually realize this isn't a war game. How often would you find a magnifier in a real apocalypse anyway?

No beans for you!

edit: Forgot to say, it's actually funny to "bam" people like you with my mosin. Countless of times been fired at by people with a M4 up north around the airfield on those valleys from a distance (who are ofcourse missing every shot, because they think that they can run and shot in a game like this) where I just go prone for a second and put a 7.62x51 round right through their chest/s.

Good to have some Arma experience in DayZ.

Edited by Danlow
  • Like 2

Maybe if theres an America map made. Weve got milspec stuff in the sewers its so common here.

• Like 1

This is dayZ, not battlefield 4. If you want to "bam" (rofl) go play that game instead, or Arma (if you want similar gameplay)

I can't wait until more features gets released which makes it harder to survive so people actually realize this isn't a war game. How often would you find a magnifier in a real apocalypse anyway?

No beans for you!

edit: Forgot to say, it's actually funny to "bam" people like you with my mosin. Countless of times been fired at by people with a M4 up north around the airfield on those valleys from a distance (who are ofcourse missing every shot, because they think that they can run and shot in a game like this) where I just go prone for a second and put a 7.62x51 round right through their chest/s.

im sorry for using the word bam, should i have said shoot instead? would you be less buthurt? you assuming im a typical COD or battlefield player, thats not even close to how i play so before you think you know everything just stop and think for a minut before typing it out.

edit: Forgot to say, their not uncommon, their fairly cheap for a 3x or a 5x and their convenient as well, friend has one on his 300 blackout daniel defense upper and im thinking about getting one on my colt. and i have a feeling this part that u said (Countless of times been fired at by people with a M4 up north around the airfield on those valleys from a distance (who are ofcourse missing every shot, because they think that they can run and shot in a game like this) was suppost to be about me.

Edited by gomeowmeow

Maybe if theres an America map made. Weve got milspec stuff in the sewers its so common here.

its not necessarily military loot, their fairly cheap to buy on midway or cheaperthandirt

im sorry for using the word bam, should i have said shoot instead? would you be less buthurt? you assuming im a typical COD or battlefield player, thats not even close to how i play so before you think you know everything just stop and think for a minut before typing it out.

edit: Forgot to say, their not uncommon, their fairly cheap for a 3x or a 5x and their convenient as well, friend has one on his 300 blackout daniel defense upper and im thinking about getting one on my colt. and i have a feeling this part that u said (Countless of times been fired at by people with a M4 up north around the airfield on those valleys from a distance (who are ofcourse missing every shot, because they think that they can run and shot in a game like this) was suppost to be about me.

Butt hurt? What does that mean?

Can't really say what you are really, I just said that you should play Battlefield 4 if you want that kind of warfare. What I on the other hand know, is that you won't play this game very long once more features come out and weapons/bullets become more rare. It's easy to just "bam" at the moment, but if the devs are to be believed, the game will become more hard and killing on sight will be less desireable, hence why I think you will leave this game.

I'm not from the USA and those are not common at all here, neither is it common to have any weapon at all. (Germany, Europe)

DayZ is not played in USA (not everything is centered around the USA, nor is USA = the world), and yes, it was pointed towards players like you, you don't need to have a diploma in any science to figure that out.

Edited by Danlow

Can't really say what you are really, I just said that you should play Battlefield 4 if you want that kind of warfare. What I on the other hand know, is that you won't play this game very long once more features come out and weapons/bullets become more rare. It's easy to just "bam" at the moment, but if the devs are to be believed, the game will become more hard and killing on sight will be less desireable, hence why I think you will leave this game.

I'm not from the USA and those are not common at all here, neither is it common to have any weapon at all. (Germany, Europe)

DayZ is not played in USA (not everything is centered around the USA, nor is USA = the world), and yes, it was pointed towards players like you, you don't need to have a diploma in any science to figure that out.

exactly, i dont like battlefield and i dont like COD, their just run and gun and its the same thing over and over again, and do i support kos? No i dont i hate it i cant even run near a guy and say friendly without getting shot at anymore, and if you have a m4 and your getting shot at by an sks or a mosin, its something you are going to want, right now me and my friend have mosins with long range scopes and the only time we really kos is if we see someone camping ontop of the firehouses in eletro or on sniper hill in eletro, same if we see someone camping in the apc tower at the NWAF, and i think i would know that USA isnt the world, i dont know how people are in other countries about firearms. and if it was pointed at players like me, then how do you know what type of player i am?

Fair enough. How I know? Re-read your first post. In the end, this is way too off-topic, and it's getting late (early really). I still don't like the idea. Military gear, every day, but being armed like you were some sort of special ops is way too overkill and not realistic. If appaches are added or helicopters in general, to this game, it will go blank on my steam list. If I want to play a war game, I play arma 3 or bf4. If I want a survival game, I play DayZ. Implementing way too many weapons of different kind will do this game no good. Rifles, automatic rifles + simple attachments like scopes by all means, I'm carrying a weapon myself. But magnifiers, grenade launchers and "I see him, then bam"-shit talk, no thanks.

Good night.

Edited by Danlow
  • Like 1

He never said the US was the world or was everything. People need to stop jumping to conclusions. Just because he suggests an item that is easy for any unintelligent monkey to obtain in the States, doesn't mean he thinks the US is superior, by any means. Flip-up magnifiers are very common throughout any military from any country. Its a fairly inexpensive piece and just because he suggest it, doesn't make him some CoD Fag. And with that, how can you be content with the RDS or the Comp sight for the M4? Dean said the M4 would be the games flagship for attachments, so I don't see why people want to restrict some attachments from being added.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 1

He never said the US was the world or was everything. People need to stop jumping to conclusions. Just because he suggests an item that is easy for any unintelligent monkey to obtain in the States, doesn't mean he thinks the US is superior, by any means. Flip-up magnifiers are very common throughout any military from any country. Its a fairly inexpensive piece and just because he suggest it, doesn't make him some CoD Fag. And with that, how can you be content with the RDS or the Comp sight for the M4? Dean said the M4 would be the games flagship for attachments, so I don't see why people want to restrict some attachments from being added.

thank you sir

Flip-up magnifiers are very common throughout any military from any country.

You got any source on that?

I'm not saying you're not some über military officer who knows better about all militaries, but saying I haven't seen those in use in the military where I live.

Or maybe you.. ..jumped to a conclusion?

They are definitely not in use here in South Africa ... both in the military (yes I was in the military) or civilian (yes I belonged to a combat shooting range). I don't know what the full back story to the game is (yes I have been playing since the mod days) but if I had to compare it to a Ukraine or Belarus then most of the weapons you find would be old Soviet-bloc style weapons and not some of the modern ones.

However with the abundance of Hummers (HMVVV), I am assuming that NATO (or even the Americans) came to aid the Chernarusians when the outbreak happened and hence there will be some Weastern-bloc weapons available.

I have no problem with this being added, but I still feel that they should be rare and difficult to come by ... with the Soviet-bloc weapons being more common.

But that is just me.

• Like 1

No beans for you!

There is no reason why the item should NOT be in game. Guns, attachments, and ammo will all become very rare at some point. Which will undoubtedly reduce a lot of the KOSing that no doubt irritates you so much. Having more options is a GOOD thing, and even if you don't like his particular idea, there is no reason to attack him over it.

I found your manner of disagreement to be very....rude. It was totally uncalled for.

• Like 2

Flip-up magnifiers are not common at all. I never said he thought the USA was superior, just that this game is not set in the USA and not every game is centered around it.

There is no reason why the item should NOT be in game. Guns, attachments, and ammo will all become very rare at some point. Which will undoubtedly reduce a lot of the KOSing that no doubt irritates you so much. Having more options is a GOOD thing, and even if you don't like his particular idea, there is no reason to attack him over it.

I found your manner of disagreement to be very....rude. It was totally uncalled for.

Lets add UAV's and drones? Thermal scopes and Anti-Air guns which most of the general population knows how to use :D (outside of USA)

Haven't been KoS in 2-3 weeks now but what irritates me is that you can't trust nobody in-game.

Lets add UAV's and drones? Thermal scopes and Anti-Air guns which most of the general population knows how to use :D (outside of USA)

Haven't been KoS in 2-3 weeks now but what irritates me is that you can't trust nobody in-game.

your like dan the downer from ccydia and happiness