Sign in to follow this  
Borges (DayZ)

Fix the loot.

I just died from starvation because I couldn't find 1 can of food in the whole city of berezino. As it is now it's just a loot race if one person is in front of you you're totally screwed.

Edited by Borges

Your first problem was wasting time looking for food in Berezino.

• Like 12

1. Join empty server/near empty server.

2. Go north.

3. ???

4. Profit $$$

The loot spawning is just fine, you're looking in overlooted areas. 

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

That's on you.
Go north. Plenty of food.

Also. It's being worked on.

Obligatory: Alpha

• Like 3

Your first problem was wasting time looking for food in Berezino.

Well, he could have said "electro".

• Like 1

Yeah, and fix the other stuff, because we don't want unfixed stuff, and we want the stuff you should put in the game, because of stuff n' stuff we like. Then fix it. But give final version please.

Seriously: Your post has no point and "It's done, when it's done".

Read the warning.

Understand the warning.

Uninstall.

Wait for Beta or final. (Warning! Beta got bugs, no shit, sherlock.)

Install.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

1. Join empty server/near empty server.

2. Go north.

3. ???

4. Profit $$$

The loot spawning is just fine, you're looking in overlooted areas. 

That's funny, cause I went from elektro to novy/stary and found next to nothing still.

Edited by Borges

That's funny, cause I went from elektro to novy/stary and found next to nothing still.

**shrugs**

There are two types of gamers, duckling:

1. Gamers who gripe, whine, blame the game. Blame everyone and ANYTHING but themselves when they lose. This type of gamer loses valuable knowledge and experience for the sake of protecting his/her own ego from acknowledge that defeat came from a series of mistakes or even a singular flaw in how they played. This is the rage gamer. It is also a path of least resistance. Unlearning habits and learning new ones are hard, so it's easier to blame the numbers call "OP" than it is to grow and evolve.

2. Gamers who blame no one, but review that experience over and over to pinpoint what they did wrong so they can habitualize behavior that will not lead to the same scenario that lead to their defeat. This type of gamer chooses not to rage and absorbs that knowledge instead of throwing it away.

Advice and experience has been granted to you in both your own actions and the advice we've extended to you.

You are clearly type 1.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 9

**shrugs**

1. Gamers who gripe, whine, blame the game. Blame everyone and ANYTHING but themselves when they lose. This type of gamer loses valuable knowledge and experience for the sake of protecting his/her own ego from acknowledge that defeat came from a series of mistakes or even a singular flaw in how they played. This is the rage gamer. It is also a path of least resistance. Unlearning habits and learning new ones are hard, so it's easier to blame the numbers call "OP" than it is to grow and evolve.

2. Gamers who blame no one, but review that experience over and over to pinpoint what they did wrong so they can habitualize behavior that will not lead to the same scenario that lead to their defeat. This type of gamer chooses not to rage and absorbs that knowledge instead of throwing it away.

Advice and experience has been granted to you in both your own actions and the advice we've extended to you.

You are clearly type 1.

u are my hero of the day!. one of the best argument ever spelled, i wonder u dont got shit stormed by the dumb community. :D

**shrugs**

You are clearly type 1.

I'm the former.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Like 1

**shrugs**

You are clearly type 1.

Albeit OP's post isn't really constructive by any means, your loaded reply concerning his apparent gamer mentality doesn't mean he's wrong.

Loot is very limited in the SA's current state, with only a minimal amount of loot spawns working and the loot-respawn mechanic not implemented at all yet.

The "go north" phrase should not be something every single person throws out whenever someone else mentions not being able to find loot, as one person can easily loot all there is to be looted from a single town.

Edited by tsnyder700

I just died from starvation because I couldn't find 1 can of food in the whole city of berezino. As it is now it's just a loot race if one person is in front of you you're totally screwed.

There is always a couple of cans of food somewhere..always.

From where ever you spawn there is enough places around away from the major first hit places that you can always survive. If Bere looks totally looted sometimes i won't waste my time after hitting a few houses and head either Khelm/Krasno/Olsha/Svet or Polana/Gorka/Dubrovka. Never have i found no food be it a full server or not :) 

• Like 2

There is always a couple of cans of food somewhere..always.

From where ever you spawn there is enough places around away from the major first hit places that you can always survive. If Bere looks totally looted sometimes i won't waste my time after hitting a few houses and head either Khelm/Krasno/Olsha/Svet or Polana/Gorka/Dubrovka. Never have i found no food be it a full server or not :)

Exactly but I have ran far enough to almost near death from starvation not finding food until at last..... TUNA!!!!!!

But it wasn't enough and I still died :(

Awww, sad face is broken  >:(

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

Exactly but I have ran far enough to almost near death from starvation not finding food until at last..... TUNA!!!!!!

But it wasn't enough and I still died :(

Sometimes,,sometimes even the tuna doesn't work. But that moment of finding a tin of tuna or bag of rice when starving, grey screened and nearly dead after wandering for miles  is more awesome than any airfield firefight.

• Like 2

Sometimes,,sometimes even the tuna doesn't work. But that moment of finding a tin of tuna or bag of rice when starving, grey screened and nearly dead after wandering for miles  is more awesome than any airfield firefight.

Yup, now I hope they start removing the many fountains that inhabit every damn place in this game.  

Also, time to make a rage post about these forums not fixing the sad face emote

I'm having a really hard time finding anything too. What is the respawn rate? Are they going to be adjusting this?

Edited by P0rkchop

I'm having a really hard time finding anything too. What is the respawn rate?

There is no respawn rate

• Like 1

There is no respawn rate

Oh wow. So once it's gone it's gone forever?

So how do you get more stuff?

Edited by P0rkchop

Oh wow. So once it's gone it's gone forever?

So how do you get more stuff?

They are working on respawn fixes.  Servers reset with loot every 1-4 hours

They are working on respawn fixes.  Servers reset with loot every 1-4 hours

Oh okay. Thanks guys. I'm still new

Oh okay. Thanks guys. I'm still new

Don't worry,in a bit you will be wishing for the hard times like you are having now :) Enjoy the newness while you can , it's the best part  :thumbsup:

• Like 2