Hi all,

i'd like to see following weapons into game:

HK - PSG01

HK - MR308

UZI Submachine

COLT 1911 

What you think about it??

BR

None of those make any sense, except posswibly a 1911 variant (probably not a Colt, though, but a Norinco would be more appropriate). 

Norinco 1911 is a modern clone of the original Colt 1911...

The sense of the weapons is:

PSG01 - High Caliber Specific Sniper Rifle

MR308 - High Caliber Assault Rifle, better performace on mid/range multiple targets (think at an horde of zombies)

UZI - maybe nonsense but a nice weapon for CQB, and in any cases is a classic.

1911 - more accurate respect the MARK23 but less ammo chambered in the mag, standard mag 8 cartridges.

I think it can be sense for a large map :) but it related to a personal gamestyle, i know.

Norinco 1911 is a modern clone of the original Colt 1911...

That's what I'm saying, a Chinese copy would be much more likely to show up in an Easter European country than a Colt. 

I'm according with you  Rickenbacker, but Colt 1911 has flooded the world, probably as it has spread could also be sold in a pharmacy near to aspirin. And then, is a great classic ...

Korsbaek good question... what weapons you're thinking about? Some models? 

Fro sure an AK is a great weapon, and i like it, but it's very very very inaccurate... some others?? 

Hi all,

i'd like to see following weapons into game:

HK - PSG01
HK - MR308
UZI Submachine
COLT 1911 

What you think about it??

BR

And the reasoning why you want the weapons would be? Just asking...because only the 1911 has a background that justifies it beeing there as old gun packed somewhere in a box or in a nightstand if the owner still gets ammo for it because i'm pretty sure .45 ACP isn't a common round over there. Only because a government is pro western doesn't mean they want to use western equipment either because of pride or in most cases... the cost. Finland or Poland are a good example of mixing western and eastern equipment.

Fro sure an AK is a great weapon, and i like it, but it's very very very inaccurate... some others?? 

Doesn't matter...the AK is classified as a weapon of mass destruction...seems to be able to hit it's target.

Edited by Enforcer

Hi Enforcer :)

the weapons i've mentioned are an example.

I chose those because I know them well owning in my collection. 
Even the AK and M4 have in the collection. 

The choice falls on the following features that I find interesting for a big map, and in a future where we will face zombie hordes. 

PSG01 - Specific High Caliber Sniper Rifle (since 1.8 km effective lethal range) 
MR308 - High Caliber Assault Rifle, better performace on midrange (from 50 to 600 meters) multiple targets 
UZI - maybe nonsense but a nice weapon for CQB, I do not have this but in any cases is a classic.

Please suggest your weapons on the Community Weapons Suggesting list. There is no need for anymore of these forums.

Why more American and European weapons?

Why not?

Does every single weapon need to be Russian? (Russia is a European country, by the way)

And I think it's reasonable to suggest that some Czech, German, Austrian, Swiss, U.S., Italian and Belgian made weapons would appear, and those aren't generally considered eastern at all (save for the Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia)

• VZ. 58, CZ-75 (confirmed weapon), Vz. 61 Skorpion; all make sense, and are Czech.
  • KAR-98Ks/Gewehr 1898s are common, MP-40s, Walther P38s, Mauser C96s are still popular. The MP5 is everywhere. Hell, H&K guns like the HK-416 and P8 (USP) are reasonable. 
  • Glock & Steyr weapons are Austrian. Very possible that some Steyr hunting rifles made it to Chernarus, and Glock pistols are a given.
  • Sig Sauer is Swiss, and Sigs are found everywhere
  • U.S. Remington 870s are popular. Additionally; Ruger, Remington, Browning, Colt, Smith & Wesson, and Winchester guns of all kinds exist all over the planet.
  • Beretta firearms are from Italy
  • FN Herstal is Belgian.

I'm sure we can expect at least some of the aforementioned weapons.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

its still accurate enough to hit someone at medium range, better irl than the m4 is in dayz.

1. psl

2. m1a

3. mossberg 500

4. a common rifle from where im at that i would like to see would be remington 700, tikka t3 hunter or lite version, i have the lite and love it( 6.5 pound rifle in 300 win mag ;) happy happy happy), savage axis, one of the savage model 10s as they are police style rifles and i think it would be a nice fit in the police buildings

its still accurate enough to hit someone at medium range, better irl than the m4 is in dayz.

1. psl

2. m1a

3. mossberg 500

4. a common rifle from where im at that i would like to see would be remington 700, tikka t3 hunter or lite version, i have the lite and love it( 6.5 pound rifle in 300 win mag ;) happy happy happy), savage axis, one of the savage model 10s as they are police style rifles and i think it would be a nice fit in the police buildings

I honestly think dean should invest some time in shooting some weapons at a range, to get a feel for what they should be in the game. The guns in DayZ should represent their IRL version as realistically and as closely as possible.

I honestly think dean should invest some time in shooting some weapons at a range, to get a feel for what they should be in the game. The guns in DayZ should represent their IRL version as realistically and as closely as possible.

yea that would really help. is he in the united states?

I'm according with you  Rickenbacker, but Colt 1911 has flooded the world, probably as it has spread could also be sold in a pharmacy near to aspirin. And then, is a great classic ...

No, it hasn't. There are loads and loads of 1911's everywhere, including here in Sweden. But most of them aren't Colts, since they're expensive and no better than any other brands. So a Chinese or European brand would make more sense. 

No, it hasn't. There are loads and loads of 1911's everywhere, including here in Sweden. But most of them aren't Colts, since they're expensive and no better than any other brands. So a Chinese or European brand would make more sense. 

i somewhat agree with that, most people buy colt because they love the brand and are proven, my cuzin got a kimber 1911 and that to is an outstanding gun but you have to pay a price, i think there should be a few guns that are similar but different brands and have lets say the colt or kimber be more rare than some of the other brands. doubt there will be anything kimber since their a american company

BIS did that when they adopted the Lynx GM6 in ArmA 3 but honestly it's looks different from videos you can find on the internet and the game...like the M107 that makes your barrel rise sky high and stay there instead of following gravity and coming back down just so it isn't too op.