Gandalf the White (DayZ)

The most underrated City on the Map

looks like a good place to barricade a house and make a base there lots woods for hunting has to be a water source around there some where... Looks good to me :ph34r:

Damn forgot it was on east coast thought it was south west where no one really goes..

Edited by SoulFirez

Zelengorsk is better has its own military base oh and its in land so its not as easy to find so often not looted can equip a group of 5 in that place..

Svetlo huh every newb in the game goes there just follow the coast like a mindless zombie...

Agreed. Zelenogorsk rocks. Its got everything in abundance and very few people mill around there for long. Most only loot the barracks on their way north so even when someone has already come through there is a lot left.

Svetlojarsk ist good, but as others have already pointed out performance is pretty bad there.

I like doing runs in the "golden triangle", Berezino->Krasnostav->NEAF->Svetlojarsk but currently due to the spawns all being on the E coast the NE isn't as quite and peaceful as it once was.

I miss when the NEAF was nice and safe from most of the snipers.

Agreed. Zelenogorsk rocks. Its got everything in abundance and very few people mill around there for long. Most only loot the barracks on their way north so even when someone has already come through there is a lot left.

I wish this were true when I go there, I always run in to two or more players in Zeleno.

I quite like Vybor.  Super market, like three piano buildings, a school, two of the jail door buildings that spawn guns, a nearby factory complex, the military base is just east of it, and best news of all, barely anyone bothers to visit it.

I quite like Vybor.  Super market, like three piano buildings, a school, two of the jail door buildings that spawn guns, a nearby factory complex, the military base is just east of it, and best news of all, barely anyone bothers to visit it.

What you mean the big game hunters favorite spot.. So close to the NWAF that every armed band on there way in or out re supplies there....

Sounds to me like you want some more prey on the big game reserve lol

Taking breaks from my thesis I have migrated from Svetlo to the suicide ship and back. I enjoy spotting people and watching what they do - moving deeper inland is usually quite boring once you've fully kitted out with 30 cans of beans.

Are you guys being sarcastic or does this town really have a great loot? better than NE airfield?

The fps suckss there though.

Taking breaks from my thesis I have migrated from Svetlo to the suicide ship and back. I enjoy spotting people and watching what they do - moving deeper inland is usually quite boring once you've fully kitted out with 30 cans of beans.

Inland can be fun when you're fully geared if you've got areas to explore. The map is so huge that I'm always finding excuses to travel all over. This past weekend, two friends and I made a giant loop around the map and hit every major town, all 4 castles, etc. in one sitting (like 7 or 8 hours of play). We hardly went any place new besides the castles, but travelling together and going so many different places resulted in a lot of good stories :)

The advantage of being geared is that we really didn't have to fear anyone or anything, nor did we need to worry about collecting supplies... we just stopped once in a while to rest, rehydrate, and eat and then we would move on. It was all about the experience, not what we were doing.

Are you guys being sarcastic or does this town really have a great loot?

Well, the town is fairly large and does have a lot of potential sources of loot according to the maps. Unfortunately I can't speak from experience because almost every time I've been there it was looted already.

Edited by Tatanko