Sign in to follow this  
PySHD

Random spawn gear

Why is it that we always spawn with a flashlight, and battery, and always on the coast (someone covers spawning other places in the topic of "Inland Spawns")? Why can't we spawn in different situations, with different gear? Maybe you're the crazy guy with 400 rounds, and full military gear because you already thought the apocalypse was coming, or maybe a Military official with a rifle and camo, or a civilian with plenty of food, a can opener, pistol, and a backack. Thoughts?

Interesting idea. Although, I always imagined the story starts at the coast because we are some sort of survivor of a boat accident or something. Also would you have a lot more people trying to kill themself after spawning because they are not happy with their new char. And most likely, most of the time that won't be the ones playing heroes. In the end you would have a lot of overpowered bandits.

• Like 2

I'm sure once private hives are implemented, there'll be servers where you can spawn with a Harrier, 4000 tins of beans and a sewing kit, but until then, I duno, maybe just play the game?
I think (hope) that for a majority of players, gearing up is a really enjoyable thing to do, and is quintessential to almost all player contact. Not to mention that spawning as a premade character would destroy every ounce of role playing available to whoever taps away at the keyboard like the stinky nerds we all are.

It'll happen once private hives come in - there's always been deathmatch servers, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them start springing up literally within a day or two of the hive update when it comes.

What about implementing a system where if you die extremely often you get the better gear, and if you survive longer you spawn with less due to your extreme survivalness?

i was thinking of spawning with 3 items always

just 3 small useful, useful not items

like: bandage, battery, screwdrier

:rotten fruit, rags, pen

and it changes every-time

but its never guns or ammo or anything

that's just an over powered start

Edited by Zuulass

That seems like a really good idea. Maybe some more items or more useful items, though. Like you said maybe not a gun, but a bow and/or arrows, Crowbar, boat paddle, rock, etc.