Kintaro (DayZ)

Well for me this isn't to stop ghost walking but mostly for more realism. As I explained in my first post, if I spend some time to secure a place I don't want people to just be able to log in anywhere. And any timer can't disable that, only discourage (which could be fine depending on the timer duration)

Banning is a bad idea. Teleporting the player outside of cities/airstrips/etc is a good idea though. I just spawned at an airfield after not playing for a while (about 5 players in the server...........) and when I spawned, a guy with a magnum was looting the place where I spawned, he heard me 'reloading', the sound you always hear when someone spawns with a loaded gun in his inventory, so he shot me before I could decently move :(

I don't see why not.. this shouldn't even be discussed.. just implement it! Just make sure you cannot log out inside cities, airfields etc. that you had to be min 1 click from a hotspot, before the abort button would be available... And if you got disconnected or alt tabbed out, you would just spawn outside the hotspot next time you login.. I love that idea!

Along with this, a sort of spawn spread function would be nice.. so that if another player is currently within 2-300 meters of the spot you logged out from, when you login, you will be moved to the nearest safe-spot.

This way we could also get rid of that annoying timer.. as people would have to move at least 1km away and travel back when they login again.. freakin brilliant!

Edited by Pandusen

Along with this, a sort of spawn spread function would be nice.. so that if another player is currently within 2-300 meters of the spot you logged out from, when you login, you will be moved to the nearest safe-spot.

I'm not sure about this one. Because then if you remember where you logget out, and you suddently appear 1km away at log in, you know that there is someone in the area.

I'm not sure about this one. Because then if you remember where you logget out, and you suddently appear 1km away at log in, you know that there is someone in the area.

well, finding someone within a 1 km2 is quite a task! anyways, then make it so that you always spawn random within 1 km2 of logout point. that way you couldn't tell.. easy fix

Banning is a bad idea. Teleporting the player outside of cities/airstrips/etc is a good idea though. I just spawned at an airfield after not playing for a while (about 5 players in the server...........) and when I spawned, a guy with a magnum was looting the place where I spawned, he heard me 'reloading', the sound you always hear when someone spawns with a loaded gun in his inventory, so he shot me before I could decently move

This sucks, but I've been on the flip side of that coin: I had a guy join the game right in front of me, and instead of just blowing his head off I said on comms "don't move and I'll back out of the room. Noone needs to get hurt." He spun like a top and blew my head off instead. The moral of the story is don't log off in high traffic areas - the first lesson anyone ever taught me about this game is that if you are going to log out, go and find some cover: Trees and bushes are your best friend and as far away from civilization as possible.

By following this, it also becomes a simple matter to make the conscious decision as to who is a server hopper when you see them logging in and who is just an innocent survivor.

The argument against this is pointless, because if you know you're in an area that has an extended log out timer and will randomly place you outside the area when you log back in... then you already *know* you should not log out there and its a risk you are willingly taking by choice; and you already know you should leave the area before you log out for a normal log out. What these people are really trying to defend is teleporting with a really weak argument for bad mechanics that let players use an unintended teleport exploit by server hopping; I am less than a week new to this game and I already know how ridiculous this "feature" is.

Your argument is a logical fallacy, but I'll let you google to find out why that is. What's more important is that if you start teleporting players out of high risk/reward areas for any reason, people will find a way to exploit it. From the teleportee's perspective this could be used to essentially combat log yourself out of danger. From the perspective of camping, this makes it like a giant loot pinata camping around the edges of high risk areas, as people will pop into existence wide in the open around airfields and military bases and you can hear and see them a mile off. Seems a bit silly to me!

I do however understand the desire to "fix" this non-problem: It sucks when you've trekked all the way across the map to find good loots, only to find it barren. What you don't seem to realise is that most server hoppers are already extremely well geared: They're looking only for the rare items, such as long range scopes, fn magazines and their ilk. They already have their guns, they already have their gear and they probably already have multiple boxes full of ammo - they leave everything they don't need: Assault vests, cammo, guns, ammunition, medical supplies and food. All the stuff you'll want if you've trekked up there yourself. Remember then that the next time you hit up a military spawn and it's empty, it's not because a server hopper has beaten you there: It's because people like yourself have and they needed that stuff too.

tl;dr: This will be fixed when loot spawn mechanics are fixed.