luzarius

Devs, forget features, just focus on stability & release date.

Devs, forget features, just focus on stability & release date. If you really wanted you could get this game released in four weeks with proper project management. You need a project manager who knows that releasing a stable core is more important than a buggy core with lots of neat features.  Whatever features you have now is good enough.

Remember focus on the CORE, set a four week gameplan and that's it, DONE. GET IT DONE.

Once the game is stable, released and generating revenue THEN add new features.

At it's heart this game has what people want already, you don't need to add anything "extra" just to make the game better, instead just focus on fixing bugs, getting it stable and RELEASE THAT MUTHA FUCKA (lol).

Edited by luzarius

It is released, generating revenue and they are adding new features as well as working on stability.

So I guess OP is saying he's happy about the game :)

• Like 2

If you really wanted you could get this game released in four weeks with proper project management.

I'm not even going to ask what makes you think this because I think we both know you pulled it out of thin-air. The question I am posting to ask you is this: What makes you think the team members working on features are the same team members working on stability?

• Like 1

I love it when people who obviously have absolutely no idea about software development post stuff like "...why don't you just...".

:rolleyes:

• Like 6

Devs, forget features, just focus on stability & release date. If you really wanted you could get this game released in four weeks with proper project management. You need a project manager who knows that releasing a stable core is more important than a buggy core with lots of neat features.  Whatever features you have now is good enough.

Remember focus on the CORE, set a four week gameplan and that's it, DONE. GET IT DONE.

At it's heart this game has what people want already, you don't need to add anything "extra" just to make the game better, instead just focus on fixing bugs, getting it stable and RELEASE THAT MUTHA FUCKA (lol).

I think you misunderstand what you're talking about entirely.

If they fix all the problems in your game right now, they would be finalizing the game.

Adding in more features afterwards would only create more problems, which you would then just complain you need fixed again.

If you weren't working against yourself, you might ask the opposite. Like: "Devs! Add all the features already so you can focus on making this game stable! When are we expecting bases and cars?"

Except... unless you're part of the development team in the studio, you don't know what's going on as far as their timeframes, their workflow, and their lives.

Addendum: This game does *NOT* have all the features everyone wants.

It's far from it.

Edited by crimsonBZD

So you want the team working on features to stop working on features to let the team working on stability to work on stability by them selves and have no new features but take just as long to make stability fixs?

I dont get it.

Good lord is this a misguided and ignorant thread. The teams developing the new content are not the same teams developing bug fixes, stability and system improvements.

I have no stability issues running on experimental branch.  I reject the premise of the OP that this game is unstable.  Likewise there is no supportable reason offered to move to full release in 4 weeks.  

well if they focus on stabalizing when they do add new features they will have to stabalize again, add new feature, stabalize, add new feather, stabalize, they could add all the features, make sure they work, then stabalize.

That's not how it work. the game isn't released yet, they don't need to even have it in a playable state, as long as they keep moving forward.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

plot twist : everyone in the dev team reads this; game goes final in 4 weeks. luzarius gets 50% share of sales and nobel prize for genius idea.

• Like 2

You have no idea of how game development works.....

• Like 1

they have multiple teams for multiple "things"

so you will have features + stability no matter what bro!

good news!

you cant get the visual graphics artist to work on server side performance...cause he wont know what the fuck is going on.

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 2

So you do realize that every new feature introduces new elements.  If you had any idea about development you would know that you get features done then optimize.  Every new feature also requires optimization and by your "demand" the game would never be finished.

Oh yeah and the obligatory "Alpha" statement.

• Like 2

Yeah Devs... just do what the OP wants! We'll be happy with a stable game with absolutely nothing whatsoever to do in game except hide behind a tree or KoS...

/sarcasm

• Like 1

ok here we go again...... SOME DEVS WORK ON STABILITY ,OTHERS ON ITEMS OTHERS ON THE MAP. They can't all work on one thing because simply they aren't told to or can't

Oh dear, threads like this really do crack me up. They just have no clue how game development is done. I would post up a lenghty description of how and why things are done in the order they are done in but really, what would be the point? The OP is either a troll and wouldn't care or is a total idiot and wouldn't understand. Sorry if that sounded harsh but I call it like I see it.

Edited by Woodland Creature
  • Like 1

Do your games still come on cassettes?

Things may seem strange but quite normal.

Haha!! Nice one. Ahh cassettes, that brings back some memories from my impatient youth.

I'm not even going to ask what makes you think this because I think we both know you pulled it out of thin-air. The question I am posting to ask you is this: What makes you think the team members working on features are the same team members working on stability?

Ummmmm because compared to any other game project there are only like 6 total people wrking on Dayz.    Star citizen for example, with the same revenue, has 3 different entire office buildings working on the game.   So yes, all 6 peole at dayz should stop making spray cans and heart attack features and fix the damn core.

Stupid advice half the people I know stopped playing because of the lack of features and content.

They need to focus on features and content first then when all that content is in then finally make it stable.

Stupid advice half the people I know stopped playing because of the lack of features and content.

They need to focus on features and content first then when all that content is in then finally make it stable.

So you like playing with broken physics, ghost zombies, and shitty controls?   People quit because of that.

Ummmmm because compared to any other game project there are only like 6 total people wrking on Dayz.    Star citizen for example, with the same revenue, has 3 different entire office buildings working on the game.   So yes, all 6 peole at dayz should stop making spray cans and heart attack features and fix the damn core.

DayZ has a team of about thirty people working on it. You don't know what you're talking about.