Sign in to follow this  
DURRHUNTER

Custom Ammuntions and Reloading. (Updated.)

This would be a great idea at least i think espically if we are going to make ammo super rare. Either way it would be a way to get ammo without much risk. This would require a few things to be implemented. Ill go ahead and explain now.

Reloading and Shell Hulls.

When you fire a Shotgun or Rifle, Shell hulls or spent cartridges fall out, no one thinks much about these, but if you were have to have the right tools you reload these shells or cartridges.

Shotgun Shells.

Spent shotgun shells can be reloaded fairly easy with the right tools.

The materials needed for this: are a mere few witch can be easily put into the loot table.

•Empty Shotgun Shells (100 hulls)

•Smokeless Gunpowder (1Kg,5Kg, and 10Kg bags)

•Shotgun Wads (100 Wads)

•Primer (50, 100, and 150 packs)

•Lead Buckshot/Pellets(Sizes FF ,F ,TT ,T ,BBB ,BB ,B ,1 ,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6, 7 ,7½ ,8 ,9 the smaller pellets will be more common and the bigger pellets will be the rarest.)These will come in 1Kg bags

•Shotgun shells may be filled with other metal objects that fit but this may tear up the barrel of the weapon rendering it useless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handloading

Alot of stuff didnt save, will put up Pistol and Rifle cartrdiges in when i get time.

Pistol Reloading.

This is more complex than shotguns are, as it requires bullets to be cast and molded from Lead.

Items needed to do this:

• .45ACP Cartridge casings, 9mm Parabellum casings, 9mm Makarov casings, 7.62mmX25mm Tokarev casings, .357 Magnum casings, .44 Magnum casings.

•9mm Bullet Cast, .45ACP Bullet Cast, 7.62mmX25mm Tokarev Bullet Cast.

•Melting pot (small pot that you put lead balls in, lead has a very low melting point.)

•Primer (50, 100, and 150 packs)

•Smokeless Gunpowder (1Kg,5Kg, and 10Kg bags)

Disclaimer: This will be updated frequently and is only a suggestion.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Where would you find lose ammo components? There is no ammo factory in Chernarus afaik. Even if you found ammo i'm pretty sure in a country with scrict gun laws you would rather find people hand loading ammo that is suited for hunting ( shotgun shells or CZ ammo f.e. ) and not military calibers ( we are not in the USA where you can buy it at walmart and afaik Russia doesn't have a Wалмарт yet ). They are as illogical as a flood of M4 and parts atm although not impossible but as we are right now we have a lot of ammo spawning ( you can blame the "alpha" and "testing" for that i know ). But ask first if UPZ actually ships to an infested zone.  ^_^

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

You also need reloading equipment and die sets...this will be very complex.  Also, ammo shouldn't be super rare...billions of rounds are made every year

I say it should be possible with random tools, but the cartridge should have a chance to blow up in your face, ruining the gun and knocking you over.

Edited by mullraugh

I can see this for shotgun shells, maybe, but for rifle and pistol shells you need a bit more equipment to make ammo that performs consistently. Not something you'd really carry around with you :). 

• Like 1

I can see this for shotgun shells, maybe, but for rifle and pistol shells you need a bit more equipment to make ammo that performs consistently. Not something you'd really carry around with you :). 

For Rifle and Pistol cartridges im thinking of making something that will be implemented during base building, so you can have a mini ammo factory at your base lol.

It could be made very realistic so you have to find the correct powder(there are hundreds if not thousands), primers, shells, bullet type/weight, and tools.  Look at a reloading manual next time you are in a gun/outdoor shop, it's not exactly like baking cookies.

Reloading can be very dangerous, and if it were added there should also be a chance for the rounds to explode while loading and seriously injure or kill the player. 

And sorry but as of right now I see no way that it would be realistic.  Sitting in the woods in the middle of a zombie apocalypse while jittery, hungry, thirsty, and what not and trying to carefully prep the round add the powder, and seat the bullet would be unlikely. 

And as far as using spent brass that way fired, that's all fine and dandy if you're playing fallout, but how are you going to clean it?  You can't use dirty brass, it can jam, or just plain not seat the bullet or primer when you try to reload.

Plus would you really want to carry around a can of gunpowder in your backpack during a survival situation?  I wouldn't, if that pack gets a little too close to the fire... or if a bandit decides to have a little fun with you and lights it on fire/forces you to eat it...

Even if you found ammo i'm pretty sure in a country with scrict gun laws you would rather find people hand loading ammo that is suited for hunting

They don't even allow civilians to reload in Russia. It's illegal.

• Like 1

My suggestion is to make animation with a different time spending on loading which depends on how much bullets you load into your magz. Load 60 bullets in M4 double mag for 2 second is a nonsense. Make this procedure for 15 seconds at least.

Good luck getting cast soft lead bullets to feed reliably in most self-loading pistols and rifles.