Sign in to follow this  
bobotype3334

Pls no magic zombies Rocket

I've read, somewhere, a while ago, that Rocket plans to implement special variants of zombies, including one that can only be damaged by shots to the head.

PLEASE ROCKET FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PLEASE DON'T MAKE MAGICAL ZOMBIES THAT TAKE ONLY HEAD DAMAGE AND ARE MAGICALLY IMPERVIOUS TO BODY BULLETS WHILE NOT HAVING ENOUGH ANTI-BULLET MAGIC TO COVER THEIR VULNERABLE HEAD. I have a much better idea:

Make most military zombies and all police riot squad zombies be wearing bulletproof vests, never taken off when the original wearers were zombified. This gives you a whole class of less-vulnerable tough zombies for a sensible reason.

Also, please allow them to move and tackle slightly faster than the player can run while carrying a backpack with anything in it or an item in the hands [but a little further into the future, when we have vehicles].

Please and thank you for not making zombies magical.

• Like 3

I think a zombie that could only take damage to the head would be like a police body armour zombie or something, nothing crazy. There are no plans for L4D style 'special infected' AFAIK.

• Like 2

I think a zombie that could only take damage to the head would be like a police body armour zombie or something, nothing crazy. There are no plans for L4D style 'special infected' AFAIK.

Okay, good. I don't want to see Boomers and shit. That takes suspension of disbelief and throws it into the trash.

But I don't want the body armour torso on Rocket's super zombies to be impervious either, just able to take 4 or so more bullets before the zombie dies.

The military doesn't let their people carry armor 24/7 not even in a hotzone. Even if he added "undead" zombies you should still be able to take out their limbs with physical attacks and if you destroy the lower half of their face they can't bite you anymore.

L4D is a fun game, but its' zombies have no place in DayZ.

I think all zombies should be like Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3...slow, dumb, in huge numbers, where they can be killed by 1 shot to the head (fast way) or several shots/hits to the body (bambi's way)

L4D is a fun game, but its' zombies have no place in DayZ.

I have about 300 hours in L4D2. It's a great game, but it's completely different from DayZ.

though I think bullet-proof zombies as described aren't a bad idea, I still think that zombies should take WAY more bullets to the chest and stuff before going down, unless shot to the head which is a one shot kill. 

These would be actual zombies as we know them. Sorry but I find pretty lame to be able to take down a zombie with one FNX bullet to the foot.

I have about 300 hours in L4D2. It's a great game, but it's completely different from DayZ.

Yeah, if we didn't have the ability to shove multiple zombies at once and take advantage of the abundance of ammo then the whole game would be you dying. That, and considering the fact that zombies can surround your team rather easily. :l

Edited by AntonioAJC