Sign in to follow this  
Chawktah

Throat Mic or some thing :)

Okay, so the main idea is to make it so more people use ingame features to communicate with their groups, while still providing a noise level that other players in a much closer proximity can hear.

Call it a SPEC OPS transmitter/headset, make it an attachment for the current walkie-talkies, who knows... I just think it would be much more realistic and true to the game if people had a different way to communicate where the sound from the player /others on the device dont have their voices carried 30+meters. Make it audible at a much closer range, 5meters?

I mean, as long as players are using steam-chat or teamspeak or vent it kind of kills immersion. They could be chatting with an entire platoon while not making any in-game noise.

I don't suppose you could have the game disable such programs, and I'm sure most people wouldn't want it if it did.. IDK, i'm just trying to be proactive about a part of the current gameplay experience.

Have a better idea? Forget about it...

I'd much rather have something implemented like what exists in Arma's ACRE mod where the player can choose to lower their voice to a whisper or set it to really loud and have that change the distance over which it is heard.

• Like 2

Many people have thought about this , but I do like the productivity . I myself love the idea of the radios as they are now , just the feel to have to have radio silence whenever in towns/cities makes it feel much more real.

And if you do start radio chatter , there's always a chance for another squad to be listening . Five meters is just too small and the simple fact of the matter is , I'm sure those headsets require more than just a common battery unlike the radios we have now .

When private hives come out all sorts of features could be implemented : 1.)direct chat always open in hardcore servers (one of my favorites to implement , 3rd party programs wouldn't be blocked but anything you say in those programs would be said in dayz making ts, steam , vent completely useless on those servers at least)

2.)Radios range could be reduced to server admins preferences.

3.) and any other controversial features could be added when private hives come out

Edited by Grapefruit kush

As long as they do _NOT_ implement the server wide chat I'll be happy. The current communication system is nice.

I like the idea of having direct permanently on.  That would be amazing.

I like the idea of having direct permanently on.  That would be amazing.

are you kidding?

i dont want to hear some kids conversation with his mother about him not wanting to do the dishes as I see his character idling on a railroadtrack

This is the stuff that would happen if the mic input is constantly on

some kids conversation with his mother about him not wanting to do the dishes as I see his character idling on a railroadtrack

47312106.jpg

Do not anger the Jasper.

Edited by alphadogmeat

are you kidding?

i dont want to hear some kids conversation with his mother about him not wanting to do the dishes as I see his character idling on a railroadtrack

This is the stuff that would happen if the mic input is constantly on

Well, given the distance is direct chat, you can certainly go 40m away so it won't bother you. Or handle it Ole West style and shut him up for drawing attention to the area.

And this won't disable the ability to mute the mic on the computer... just means if you're using it in a third party app, you're going to hear it in-game... which is as it should be.

Edited by entspeak

just means if you're using it in a third party app, you're going to hear it in-game... which is as it should

Developing this would be a complete waste of time as it is easy as hell to circumvent