Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Would you report this kid?

This young fellow was attempting to goad people into heading to Balota. He was calling people out by name in both chat and global voice communication. I wasn't offended or anything, but I don't want to see admins abuse their powers. I'm just not sure if this falls into the abuse category or not.

IBVBv1N.jpg

y7hHkLz.jpg

I'm not sure, I mean yes he is using an admin feature for his own end, which is bad, but he's didn't kick anyone for killing him, at least not that you knew of when you wrote this. I probably would go choose a new server to play on though. as there's only a small step from this level of douchbaggery to restarting the server on his death, which is a dick move indeed.

• Like 1

It's not enabled for admins. In game we have no power other than to restart the server. If he knew your name and was broadcastif across the server then it was a hack.

It's not enabled for admins. In game we have no power other than to restart the server. If he knew your name and was broadcastif across the server then it was a hack.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because it went on for a solid half hour before I got bored and left. He was picking random people's names and taunting them, as well as using global voice communication to harass random people.

I have no such power as an admin. Most I can so is set messages for the login, kick players, and restart. Pretty sure other admins can say the same.

Oh and I can set the time I want the server to reset.

Are you 100% sure about that? Because it went on for a solid half hour before I got bored and left. He was picking random people's names and taunting them, as well as using global voice communication to harass random people.

Sounds like an ESP hack to me as for the global chat thing hmm thats a new one admins can only set a server log in message ( which some times they will play games with when they know guys are constantly server hopping in ( the whole itchy crotch or i can see you etc etc)

Thats what I thought as well, because I am able to do only the things you also said you were able.

Actually you can access global chat, I've accidentally done it somehow before

When logging I got stuck on please wait and you can switch to global chat there for some reason

Bolota Book Exchange.  Called me out by name and the night before did the same thing to one of my friends. He was mad that we weren't playing the server as a PVE server. They run speed scripts and run in a pack. Causes the whole serve to lag when hey do it.

When I said I'd get the Admin to check logs he damn near died of laughter. He was so busy wallowing in his own self righteousness that I was able to merc him and his butt buddy. Then watched them speed script back to there body's in about 5mins..

Running scripts but they couldn't afford the good ones. Ended up getting killed by a regular Joe. I'd just eat a gun at that point. The lack of skill and mentality is absurd.

Worse part the dude sounded like he was 40...

Edited by RyBo

Bolota Book Exchange Admins do the same thing. Called me out by name and the night before did the same thing to one of my friends. He was mad that we wern't plagying the server as a PVE server. But they run speed scripts and run in a pack. It's the Admin and his pack of clowns.

FYI I killed 2 of them....Noobs go back to COD.

Slightly confused on this post they try to run a pve server ( yeah which aint currently allowed) but you tell them to go back to COD doesnt sound like something a COD player would do ( a pve server??) and speed scripts so thats a hack not really an admin power..

Slightly confused on this post they try to run a pve server ( yeah which aint currently allowed) but you tell them to go back to COD doesnt sound like something a COD player would do ( a pve server??) and speed scripts so thats a hack not really an admin power..

I changed my post before I went the route of claiming something I don't know...Frustration.

But yes its a Book Exchange so a PVE server..I'd assume? It's one of 3 that always show up on my list as 40/40 so I frequent there allot. But after the hackers I haven't been back and haven't had a problem since.

The COD part was that they came up and KOS'd two of my friends who just logged in. I'm assuming they thought we were Bolota bandits? One came up to me in a tree told me to come out by name than said they were going to execute me. When for some reason he turned to his buddy standing next to him and I lucked out and caught them off guard.

I watched one run down to the bunkers shoot my buddy looting inside then warp sprint back to me in under 30sec and I was about 600m away from the bunkers over watching on the hill for my boys. People with bad connections don't warp across the map so that was a dead give away..

I was the only one to walk away..

Soo long story short...Thought that since they thought I was a Bandit/hopper they went straight out and KOS'd us before we did someone else?..After some thought I'd chalk it up as some random group of dudes..

We don't KOS fyi...

Edited by RyBo

I have a server as favorite, for other reasons, that has these messages. Where the admin asks "if we like the server?"

Im not an admin myself. But I do see these messages from time to time. But they appear to be on a loop.

I was on a french server where the admin kept talking in global, both text and voice. After he kicked a bunch of guys, he said something about "ping de merde".

Pretty sure it's enabled at least on some providers.

If you login ingame on the server as admin you can use direct and global chat.

I know because I have used this when restarting the server.

I was on a french server where the admin kept talking in global, both text and voice. After he kicked a bunch of guys, he said something about "ping de merde".

Pretty sure it's enabled at least on some providers.

ping de merde, crazy ping.. well its nice of him to explain at least

If you login ingame on the server as admin you can use direct and global chat.

I know because I have used this when restarting the server.

thank good its true 

i was afraid grimey was starting to hear and see THINGS !!!! 

http://youtu.be/NzlG28B-R8Y

Edited by Munson_fry