Mullraugh

Death.

Here's the suggestion - and I'm 98% sure it's not been suggested before.

From the moment you spawn to the second you die, the game should save a screenshot every five minutes. Not to steam or anything, just a folder or something in your program files. Hopefully this can be done without 'screenshot lagspikes' if anyone knows what I mean.

Now, the point of the screenshots is this. Many people who have near-death experiences have told tales of "Life flashing before my eyes" or something like that. I say when you die in DayZ it should play ALL the five-minute screenshots at a very quick pace - maybe 5 screenshots a second - and as it does that, have some epic video effects of them slowly fading to black with smoke wisps or something on the corners of the screen. When it's done, it says 'You Are Dead' and then you can respawn.

• Like 12

I'd like to see an animated trail on the map of all the places this character went when the finally die.

So that's like a pic or 2 thanks to spawn site campers??

LOL, seriously tho, that's not bad. Maybe 1 every hour or so instead, some people will live a looooong time and that would be one long ass slideshow.

I'm digging the map idea too, see what kind of crazy trail you made.

It has been suggested before.

I'd like to see an animated trail on the map of all the places this character went when the finally die.

Probably a better idea, no need to store so many screenshots

Okay... So on my current character, I've been alive for over 20 hours.

One pic every 5 minutes is 12 pics an hour.

20*12=240

5 screenshots per second

240/5=48

So I would have 48 seconds of pictures to watch through... These pictures are all random. Nothing interesting happens in them unless I'm very lucky.

I wouldn't want this feature. It would just show random pictures.

• Like 2

I'd love that. One of my characters lived nearly 50 hours (could be more) - 1 1/2 minutes of memories. :D

But, that should be optional for performance and 'don't want that shit' reasons.

Edited by Khoal

For this to be more interesting I would say have it take a screen capture whenever your screen flashes from being hit with a delay timer between captures(eg: 10 min). I would play an audio track of random screams, zombie sounds and gunshot noises along with the playback also.

Sounds interesting but it could lag.  Still something better then a "YOU ARE DEAD" screen would be nice.

Okay... So on my current character, I've been alive for over 20 hours.

One pic every 5 minutes is 12 pics an hour.

20*12=240

5 screenshots per second

240/5=48

So I would have 48 seconds of pictures to watch through... These pictures are all random. Nothing interesting happens in them unless I'm very lucky.

I wouldn't want this feature. It would just show random pictures.

They could always increase the FPS.

Say they set a specific timeframe for the suggestion. Let's pretend it's 20 seconds. Now every screenshot taken will play within 20 seconds.

I'm horrible at math so I'm not gonna figure out how many screenshots would play within 20 seconds if you survived for 12 days straight. I suspect you might have a seizure from all the flashing pictures...

Well even if it is a minute or two so what?  You could always look away if it's really a problem, or go to desktop.

Or they could make it simply so that if you hit esc it takes you out of it.

• Like 1

Nice thing about this replacing the current screen is they would be able to remove the current text from being unconscious and have that just be a black screen.

Unconscious screen could have a white light that slowly expands as you come closer to death and sound will start washing out. Could even add in the sounds of hearing your own heart beat when out cold, stable heartbeat when in good health, fading heartbeat as you are dieing, and erratic when in "heart attack"(more like v-fib). Once the screen becomes completely white your life will flash before your eyes(your idea) and you will know you have died.

Personally I would like to see unconscious screen fade to black when knocked out and fade back in when coming to also.

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1

From the moment you spawn to the second you die, the game should save a screenshot every five minutes. Not to steam or anything, just a folder or something in your program files. Hopefully this can be done without 'screenshot lagspikes' if anyone knows what I mean.

Now, the point of the screenshots is this. Many people who have near-death experiences have told tales of "Life flashing before my eyes" or something like that. I say when you die in DayZ it should play ALL the five-minute screenshots at a very quick pace - maybe 5 screenshots a second - and as it does that, have some epic video effects of them slowly fading to black with smoke wisps or something on the corners of the screen. When it's done, it says 'You Are Dead' and then you can respawn.

10000/10 you are fucking genious.

Why not get Fraps to do that? 

Only you want it cause you might die every 10 mins jajajaja

I like!

Make it configurable from every 10-60 mins a

Between screenies. Map idea is also brilliant, with pins of where those screenshots came from (like a coordinate stamp).

Even if this isn't incorporated, I'm going to do this via third party! :p

why not every minute or 30 seconds, or even make it customization, heck i'd love to make a slideshow of my chars life with 10 seconds inbetween each shot.

I'm definately on board with this suggestion! It is kinda flat when you die atm; especially because it seems to be ocurring quite a bit. But I agree with the people who said there should be an option to turn it off or customize the frequency of the pictures taken so people who live uneventful lives don't have relive their inadequacy...

This sounds great! it helps you remember your adventure so you can appreciate life more. It can even make us feel sad! maybe some sad death music should be added too.

Edited by ghasteater100