Sign in to follow this  
Crit

A new area for the map.

Hi guys.

So while browsing the internet I came across some pictures that game me an idea for a new area for the map. The site is in Bosnia-Herzegovina which used to be Yugoslavia and was the host of the 1984 Sarajevo Games.

This area was war torn in the 90's and the site has been left for nature to reclaim it. I think it fits perfectly into the setting dayz.

(Photos courtesy of Dietmar Eckell)

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

f105d5d1-193f-44e9-9254-9de7afb13213_198

hotel-copy.jpg?w=618

9341059_600x400.jpg

6ca4461b-4c31-4038-b996-2887a7265c42_198

cee0f955-28a9-4dd7-a4b8-b9aa28897b3f_198

Thanks for looking at this thread. I'd love to hear some feedback.

Cheers Crit

• Like 4

I approve! Looks absolutely awesome and in game, especially at night/dawn/dusk, would be pretty eerie

• Like 1

That's a nice looking building. I would l...

...is that the Olympic symbol on the third snap from the bottom? o.O

On a serious note, I like the idea. Very nice looking structure... if it doesn't make it into the vanilla game, make sure to throw this picture around on mod variant forums once they start popping up. Someone will wind up taking it up and using it.

But Chernarus hasn't hosted anything ever. I don't think it fits in. Chernarus is so poor that it would be impossible for them to have built this.

But Chernarus hasn't hosted anything ever. I don't think it fits in. Chernarus is so poor that it would be impossible for them to have built this.

Chernarus is based on a section of the Czech Republic...

The Czech Republic GPD per capita is $195.7 billion us dollars.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina GPD per capita is $17.05 billion us dollars and yet hosted the games in 1984.

Also the capital city of Czech republic (Prague) hosted the games in 1916 and put bids in to have the summer games their in 2016. So its not impossible they could have built this.

Chernarus is based on a section of the Czech Republic...

The Czech Republic GPD per capita is $195.7 billion us dollars.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina GPD per capita is $17.05 billion us dollars and yet hosted the games in 1984.

Also the capital city of Czech republic (Prague) hosted the games in 1916 and put bids in to have the summer games their in 2016. So its not impossible they could have built this.

The land is >BASED< off the Czech republic, but Chernarus is nowhere near there. Chernarus was part of the Soviet Union, much like Ukraine, untill 1991, at which point it became an independent nation. In 2009 it had a full-fledged civil war, The only thing saving the democracy being the US intervention. 

But something like this would be neat. Maybe just a smaller area, like an amphitheater and ruined building near that little town that was burned down (presumably during the civil war). I've seen something like that - it was a giant hotel in the 1920s and burned down. Pretty spooky - giant concrete walls, a fallen dam, and a big amphitheater - was a pretty big place.

I believe this area was in Medal Of Honor, was it not?

This looks awesome, I hope they add this area into DayZ. Google "Bjelasnica", "Igman" and "Jahorina" which are areas where the winter olympics in Sarajevo took place. That landscape would be awesome to have in DayZ with the old olympic buildings.

I approve of this!

Yugoslavia hosted olimpic games in 1984, and Bosnia and Herzegovina was one of six republics that made Yugoslavia.

And yes, it would be nice to have some locations based on this.

They should add a new snow region which is inspired by the old olympic buildings and the landscape of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

stock-photo-snow-covered-winter-ski-cent

snow_0021version2_4UVZ7SWZG.jpg

P2120120.jpg

6565.jpg

Looks good to me.  I think a small theme park (more like the size of a traveling fair) would be a great addition, but keep it small.