Sign in to follow this  
Gilarts

story line - find puzzle pieces/hint of what caused the Apocalyps

No2 you just spawn somewhere and you have to survive. But i think it wpuld make it more intense if there would be a lil stoty about what exactly happend. It would be more awsome if you have to find out that yourself by finding hints/tips, audio fragments, notes, traces eyc. I think it would add some more dynamic to the game. Ofc you need/want to survive but you also want to lnow what happend. And it's not something you have to do but only something you might wanna do in the game, your choice.

Edited by Gilarts
  • Like 4

As far as I remember, Rocket said that he wanted elements such as "story" to be player-made.

So players can actually create their own little "story-pieces". Expect more elements such as pens and notes to write on. I'm still hoping we will see some kind of grafitti-feature. 

Player(s) will change and influence the environment and you can follow their traces...

• Like 1

Your new spawn has been surviving for a number of days already. It's not like he teleported into existance. He would know what happend, he would have seen, read or heard the news before his family and friends died all around him, untill he found himself all alone.

As for the story progressing. This is your story, you create your charaters path.

No2 you just spawn somewhere and you have to survive. But i think it wpuld make it more intense if there would be a lil stoty about what exactly happend. It would be more awsome if you have to find out that yourself by finding hints/tips, audio fragments, notes, traces eyc. I think it would add some more dynamic to the game. Ofc you need/want to survive but you also want to lnow what happend. And it's not something you have to do but only something you might wanna do in the game, your choice.

No thankyou. What, people in the middle of the zombie apocalypse in a second-world low tech country had time to make audio diaries? Would they make sure to write notes while being mauled to provide exposition to other people about the zombie apocalypse's reason for existing [which would be common knowledge worldwide anyway before the radios and TV cut out]? No, the information of why you came to be there on the coast should stay trapped inside the head of your character. This leaves it to the player to give themselves a back story.

Personally, I like to think I've been dropped off by a military airboat or helicopter because there was no room on an aircraft moored offshore, a la World War Z. But that idea shouldn't be forced on anyone, because it takes away your imaginative input.

Really, the idea of things everywhere explaining what went down is retarded [except in the way it's handled in Left 4 Dead, and that only makes sense within the context of a rich Western nation].

I know what you mean but wait till radios are introduced properly that will be off the chain for immersion.. it would be even more special if the signal was affected by the terrain  :D

Edited by liquidcactus

No thankyou. What, people in the middle of the zombie apocalypse in a second-world low tech country had time to make audio diaries? Would they make sure to write notes while being mauled to provide exposition to other people about the zombie apocalypse's reason for existing [which would be common knowledge worldwide anyway before the radios and TV cut out]? No, the information of why you came to be there on the coast should stay trapped inside the head of your character. This leaves it to the player to give themselves a back story.

Personally, I like to think I've been dropped off by a military airboat or helicopter because there was no room on an aircraft moored offshore, a la World War Z. But that idea shouldn't be forced on anyone, because it takes away your imaginative input.

Really, the idea of things everywhere explaining what went down is retarded [except in the way it's handled in Left 4 Dead, and that only makes sense within the context of a rich Western nation].

Just mean it like a option, Subtle hints you can find on what happend ( it won't make a differents if you look for them or not ). And why wouldn't you do that ? I for example if i ended up in a apocalyps, would to know what i'm dealing with. Its a surviving game not pvp/search and destroy for other players.

I pretend Im a SEAL who was dropped off to find and destroy those who created the virus.

I like this idea too! I'd like there to be something to encourage you to explore the map, be it searching for clues about the history of the events that led to the apocalypse or collectables and the like. Not a full history of every single thing as such, but enough that you can form a few good ideas about what went down.

I feel that the people who suggest base building fail to see that it will restrict how far you will travel and turn your game into doing chores to keep your base running.

Anything that keeps people moving and collecting is what will keep the risk high.

• Like 1

Same here i think it will add another dynamic to the game.Then you won't only go outside your base for just ammo, food etc but also for clue for those who want.

Edited by Gilarts

I like this idea.

Tho it shouldn't just be a 1 story but random story so every time you die and respawn back again, you won't have the same story again.

As far as I remember, Rocket said that he wanted elements such as "story" to be player-made.

So players can actually create their own little "story-pieces". Expect more elements such as pens and notes to write on. I'm still hoping we will see some kind of grafitti-feature. 

Player(s) will change and influence the environment and you can follow their traces...

My problem with this is, how many people is really willing to spend their time actually creating stories that may not even be seen or be believed by other players? What OP is suggesting is probably a concrete history to Chernarus to give players a sense of purpose about what they're doing there.

Just mean it like a option, Subtle hints you can find on what happend ( it won't make a differents if you look for them or not ). And why wouldn't you do that ? I for example if i ended up in a apocalyps, would to know what i'm dealing with. Its a surviving game not pvp/search and destroy for other players.

Yes, it's a survival game, not a Blues' Clues simulator. Wanting to know which nation the zombies came from has nothing to do with survival, searching for a gun and can of beans is survival, mate. You already know quite well what the zombies are. Having exposition dropped everywhere in the form of audio logs is unrealistic. I never said it was PVP, don't put words in my mouth.

I like this idea.

Tho it shouldn't just be a 1 story but random story so every time you die and respawn back again, you won't have the same story again.

No thank you, you forgot to take many things into account there: the story will be different for everybody in the map every time they respawn, but in the same world; exposition items would not make sense in other players' storylines [say you find a document saying the zombies are from London and a player whose story says the zombies are from Africa picks it up]; the same stories will be recycled over and over again by a certain point, removing the interest of random storylines in the first place because you can only have so many, and finally you forgot that that's retarded. Why don't people drop this? Rocket's idea is much better.

My problem with this is, how many people is really willing to spend their time actually creating stories that may not even be seen or be believed by other players? What OP is suggesting is probably a concrete history to Chernarus to give players a sense of purpose about what they're doing there.

Rocket means [i assume] that people will simply create the side story of how survivors get along in Chernarus, while the main story arc has already been explained in many places-- Many people tried to flee the zombies, many were killed/infected, the Chernarus Defence Force was overwhelmed, it called in outside support from Britain and the US, and some of those support vehicles crashed.

Yes, it's a survival game, not a Blues' Clues simulator. Wanting to know which nation the zombies came from has nothing to do with survival, searching for a gun and can of beans is survival, mate. You already know quite well what the zombies are. Having exposition dropped everywhere in the form of audio logs is unrealistic. I never said it was PVP, don't put words in my mouth.

No thank you, you forgot to take many things into account there: the story will be different for everybody in the map every time they respawn, but in the same world; exposition items would not make sense in other players' storylines [say you find a document saying the zombies are from London and a player whose story says the zombies are from Africa picks it up]; the same stories will be recycled over and over again by a certain point, removing the interest of random storylines in the first place because you can only have so many, and finally you forgot that that's retarded. Why don't people drop this? Rocket's idea is much better.

Rocket means [i assume] that people will simply create the side story of how survivors get along in Chernarus, while the main story arc has already been explained in many places-- Many people tried to flee the zombies, many were killed/infected, the Chernarus Defence Force was overwhelmed, it called in outside support from Britain and the US, and some of those support vehicles crashed.

Survival is finding a gun ?? since when ? If you take it that serious then you only need to drink, eat, breath shit and sleep....

But hey sure you may have your opinion as we may have ours ofc ^^

Edited by Gilarts

I pretend Im a SEAL who was dropped off to find and destroy those who created the virus.

I'm some dude who woke up on a beach and now has to kill for a can of baked beans and a screwdriver to open it.