bioned

if tents were implemented, how would they work?

i havent played the dayz mod so i dont exactly know how the tents work

as realistic dayz can be, there wouldnt be any point in making tents

so fill me up plz

how do tents work?

They hold things and stay there through server restarts.

Edited by AsOiX
  • Like 1

Idk how they'll do it in the Standalone if they're included. In the mod they were basically persistent objects (I think) that you could store your gear in.

EDIT: Ninja'd by AsOiX

Edited by Knock

They keep your gear in that specific tent in that specific location. That however means you need to play on that server again, as the tents are saved on the server.

Edited by kichilron

Tents in the mod were bound to the server on which you deployed them. They were also incredibly glitchy. I can't tell you how many I donated to the wilds of Chernarus trying to get them too close to trees in order to avoid being set on fire. Actually, they were completely open to whoever found them, so they would just be rifled and emptied. They had 50 item slots, and had limitations to how many backpacks and weapons you could store in them. I think it was 50/2/1, but I could be wrong (items, weapons, backpacks). Which meant, you had a total of 50 item slots, but couldn't put five primary weapons in, each taking up 10 slots. You could have two weapons, if primaries that would be 20 slots right there. Something like that. I'm going from memory, and I'm drinking, so ...

Tents were cool for stashing extra food, weapons, and ammo. I used them a lot in the mod, but the more I think about it the more it breaks the idea of permadeath. Same thing with vehicles. If you died, you could just make your way to your tent/vehicle, though the latter were much harder to hide. I'd store extra maps, compasses, NVGs, hunting knives, etc., so I could be fully geared just getting to the tent/vehicle location.

Couldn't some troll set the tent on fire while they are sleeping or something? :o

People would run them over all the time. Or just rob them.

In response to everyone else: it's not "if," it's "when."

i want tents to be enter able with how the weather will affect things. Not to mention backpacks will already be a persistent container so tents should mpre than just as a container

I'll tell you how they work:

In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonigggghhhhttttg

But... But... Lions don't live in jungles!

we know that Dean is thinking of adding underground bunkers but we can assume that it will a hard commodity to have. so tents would a transition type item, even better a mobile base. 

Tents added flavor in the mod cause it was another source or loot, also added another element of the game, of really scouting for a good area to camp, watchout for other players even more, cause you could have a whole week of looting in your camp. 

wish they would make lockable to make it harder to steal, you could either knife it up or use to tools to steal the tent too....

DayZ Origins allowed you to sleep in tents, which restored 100% of your health. You could also use them as storage containers of course.

Edited by mullraugh

I'm willing to bet that they make multiple types of tent/storage. Something lockable, perhaps like warz/infestation stories safe or what not, with a keypad for a pass-code. I would be fine with just a normal tent, though it would be like giving cheaters your gear whenever they wanted

God please no lockable safes and stuff. Jus good old, set your stuff in tent and hope no one finds it. 

I'll tell you how they work:

In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonigggghhhhttttg

That made me lol!

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 1

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

I WANT TENTS NOW;

Really looking forward to have tents ;) In the mod i had a little camp for about three months. With 2 tents, a quad and a little bird. Nobody found my camp in that time since it was a good visited 40 players server. Near to the big cities where i ran to with my remington flashlight to hunt other survivors and to get fresh loot. That was  a nice time :)

PLZ GIMME A TENT

Edited by MrSliff

they work flawlessly...like you can position them in such a way that only a ninja master can access the centre tent.

but search 'persistent storage' for the fine details...