execpro22

Looting barns and cities pointless?

Turn to banditry - far more fun.

Not to mention the endless stream of tears you'll receive to salt and flavour your various foods.

Sorry I am no bandit and refuse to turn to a life of crime just for entertainment value.

Iv'e been beaten to it' date=' but yes as others have mentioned...hunt bandits and pk'ers!

Not only will you get the satisfaction and joy of playing paladin but knowing those scumbags are wailing like stuck pigs when you pop 'em is oh soooo sweeeeeet! :D

[/quote']

would like to do that. Maybe I need to join up with a group who does this?

Why not start hunting bandits?

This....

Thats my plan also in the moment, im on my way back to cherno/elektro from my camps and go hunt bandits who wanna grief some newbies :P

Im for sure gonna die, but i take a few of them with me ^^

And god knows, maybe i meet some other survivors on this mission, or at least know i have done something good for them :cool:

Sadly true. Once you have basic gear the chance of finding something of interest goes way down

Too right! I know wandering around collecting beans and ammo was the most fun I had. No doubt! Nothing else in the game really comes close in terms of excitement. Picking up cans. Picking up more cans. Those were the days!

Now' date=' jeez. So bored. I can't seem to find anything to pass the time...

[img']http://i.imgur.com/lxnhZ.jpg

I would not go on a killing spree in real life.

Its alot harder than your bandit playstyle.

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out "griefing propaganda" about video game morality

except i never mentioned doing any killing sprees, banditry, or griefing

your own narrow-minded approach to this game is holding you back

They are pointless.

Live off the land as I do and look for a nice car to repair. Also, I recommend teaming up with trusted friends and forming up a tent city between the group of you. It provides good entertainment for a while.

Thing is, getting the basic loot gives you a real purpose to achieve. Hatchet, knife, matches -- these are things you actually need. Map and compass make things easier, and a watch... well. You can't avoid it really, there's so many of the damn things.

Not going into cities is almost your reward for finding all the basics. Once you have a basic weapon on top of these things, like the 1911 or the winchester, then everything after that is just a bonus. It's stuff you may happen to come across, or vague searching for NVGs or GPS units. These aren't really things you can actively seek, especially if you aren't hunting people.

Should you find these things, then it really becomes a pickle. Your options are pretty much limited to: a) find a vehicle and repair it -- though for what purpose? you already have what you need so you don't need to go anywhere.

b) find a group and help gear them. Again though, if your goal is simply to survive then once your group is geared you end up back in the same quandary.

Which just leaves c) hunting people/bandits. I don't really understand why people get so defensive about this element of the game. Anyone you kill is going to be fairly operational within a few hours and your giving them a real purpose again.

Why don't they just make it so that meat, even cooked meat goes bad after a couple of days? Then make animals more scarce( as I would imagine they would be with all these ravenous zombies about ) and you should find that you need to spend more time and effort looking for food.

In addition, why not make some of the water sources( like a pond )contaminated and the water undrinkable. There could be a dead zombie or animal in it contaminating it. Or for that matter, why not require that you find purification tablets for the water before you can drink it. Most people know that drinking non-purified pond water isn't the best idea in the world. If no purification tablets can be found then you should have to make a fire and boil the water.

Or for that matter' date=' why not require that you find purification tablets for the water before you can drink it. Most people know that drinking non-purified pond water isn't the best idea in the world. If no purification tablets can be found then you should have to make a fire and boil the water.

[/quote']

Alternatively you could drink the water anyway, then come down with a horrible case of the shits.

I would not go on a killing spree in real life.

Its alot harder than your bandit playstyle.

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out "griefing propaganda" about video game morality

except i never mentioned doing any killing sprees' date=' banditry, or griefing

your own narrow-minded approach to this game is holding you back

[/quote']

hunting players is the only true fun in this game after realizing how easy it is to gear up

Yes cuz "hunting" players has NOTHING to do with killing sprees, banditry or griefing.......

How is my approach holding me back at all? I never said that this game isnt fun anymore.

All I was speaking to was the fact that after awhile visiting cities or barns becomes pointless.

How bout you get off my back adolph? I'm not gonna start PKing just cause you enjoy it. Good for you, but thats not me.

hunting players is the only true fun in this game after realizing how easy it is to gear up

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out pretentious bullshit about video game morality

Some ppl have better things to do other then rob other players of an enjoyable experience for little or no gain.

Some ppl have better things to do other then rob other players of an enjoyable experience for little or no gain.

*sigh* Why must we go in circles like this?

If it honestly robs you of enjoyment to be killed, then why not just go play a game in which that's not possible? Your enjoyment will be guaranteed.

People who play DayZ and then act like PvP ruins the fun kind of seem to me like people who show up at a concert and then stand around saying TURN THE MUSIC DOWN I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION.

*sigh* Why must we go in circles like this?

If it honestly robs you of enjoyment to be killed' date=' then why not just go play a game in which that's not possible? Your enjoyment will be guaranteed.

People who play DayZ and then act like PvP ruins the fun kind of seem to me like people who show up at a concert and then stand around saying TURN THE MUSIC DOWN I'M TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION.

[/quote']

Oh jeez. Here we go.

Zed please dont turn this thread into a bandit vs. survivor thread. If you want to to do that theres only about a million other threads about that.

All I'm talking about is how unneccessary city and barn looting become after playing for awhile. This has NOTHING to do with banditry.

And for the record, I am NOT against banditry at all. I am against griefing though, but thats another convo for another thread.

Barns and cities do become less desirable to explore over the life of your character. There will still be reasons to go into cities for medical supplies, repair parts and maybe camo skins. Barns can still be good sources of canned food and drink if you're between ponds/fresh game.

Barns and cities do become less desirable to explore over the life of your character. There will still be reasons to go into cities for medical supplies' date=' repair parts and maybe camo skins. Barns can still be good sources of canned food and drink if you're between ponds/fresh game.

[/quote']

TBH I havent needed to break into the hospital once yet even after playing for 70 plus hours.

Thats why I have so many of those steaks. I also have three morphines and four painkillers so I should be set for awhile.

Here's your next step : Stash all that stuff' date=' keep a map, a compass, a small backpack and a pistol. Then head back to the coast. Fill your pack up with food, drink, and ammo, sneak in to some popular city unseen, then drop the filled pack into a high visibility area. Go back to ...

[/quote']

...the outskirts of town and pick off anyone who tries to go for the pack of yummies.

...Oh, sorry are we back on topic again? :angel:

I'm in the same boat, but I only have an ALICE bag, so it can't fit more than my M1014, four 8rnd M1014s, three cooked meats, three water bottles, and a morphine injection.

Plus I have my M1911 with 5 clips, and 3 bandages. The hatchet, knife, toolbox, map, compass, watch, and binoculars. I also JUST found a ghillie suit within the last hour.

The only thing I can really hope to find is a bigger bag.

So I've decided to just live in the hills between Mogilevka and Novy Sobor and hunt animals for food, while going to a nearby well for water when I need it.

It's oddly calming to be fully geared and far north..

Turn to banditry - far more fun.

Not to mention the endless stream of tears you'll receive to salt and flavour your various foods.

Sorry I am no bandit and refuse to turn to a life of crime just for entertainment value.

lol :D

I have hit that point on a few characters. It is kind of a downer because you really have no motivation to keep searching. i usually start heading south and hope to meet up with some cool people. I pack my bag with medical supplies and look for people in need. I've gotten killed every time, but then i get to enjoy my time searching for the basics again.

Yeah I think I'm gonna just loot stary and NWAF a little more and then my next goal will be to find and build a car.

maybe you should try it instead of spitting out pretentious bullshit about video game morality

Yeah in YOUR opinion thats the most fun. I choose to play this game as RPG like as possible. I would not go on a killing spree in real life. I've had alot of fun just not pulling the trigger.

Let me tell you something. It takes a great amount of SKILL and patience to not pull the trigger and come out alive with out murdering someone. Its alot harder than your bandit playstyle.

Apparently letting people live is BS to you' date=' but thats you. It seems I struck a cord with you as you don't seem to believe there is a such thing as "morality" in a videogame. I can tell you that for me, there is and will always be.

[/quote']

Well said, I agree.

I'm doing this now with a bunch of mates' date=' quite a lot of fun to follow someone around for a while, figure out if they are player killing, and if they are, feed them there own medicine and let them fight there way out of the bean coast again :D

[/quote']

OMG... now we have to worry about police in DAYZ too!?!?

I understand what you're saying about the medical supplies. I tend to play the role of a medic so I like to raid the Berezino hospital to ensure I have a lot of supplies to help people. It's also a challenge and a risk which helps spice up the game.

I pick Berezino specifically because the hospital is a short crawl from the tree line and Berezino isn't quite the death trap Cherno and Electro are :D

I find the best strategy is to make hospital and military base the first priority. Anything else is essentially a waste of time.

I bet everybody that shoot people in this game, also go postal IRL and steal everything.

Unlike jesus OP christ.

I bet everybody that shoot people in this game' date=' also go postal IRL and steal everything.

Unlike jesus OP christ.

[/quote']

You can call me JC for short.....

Actually those are my intials IRL.