Sign in to follow this  
cj14

Vests

Are vest still in-game? I haven't seen any for a while...and I mean...any...NO VESTS AT ALL!!! 

Yes there are still many vests in game. The most popular spawn points are military bases, airfields and fire stations.

Whatever happened to the tactical vest, is that still in game? I've not seen one in weeks, except on players. Found the stab vest but it was useless to me.

A friend found an assault vest in a barn, behind the boxes on ground level.

They must have decreased the spawn rate. Mostly found badly damaged ones :(  In Electro, be sure to look in that School building on the 2nd floor. You know, the one across the courtyard from the Hospital

Tactical vest was taken out of the game from what I heard.. too many bugs apparently, I heard it was an Arma 3 item if that makes any sense whatsoever? Ill make a short list here of where I have found tactical vests and the illusive press vest.

Warehouse's (UK Tactical Vests) - seen a number of them there multiple times

Rify (UK Tactical Vests, Illusive Press Vest) - Usually bound to find at least a UK Vest there, Make sure to check the bunk bed part of the ship aka sleeping quarters

Military Bases (UK Tactical Vests) - Seem to only spawn in the bunkers

Airbases (UK Tactical Vests) - Typically in the camo square buildings, may find the odd one in the Air Control Tower, dont think ive found 1 in a hangar yet

Police Station in Svetlojarsk (UK) - Found multiple

Im sure there is more, like the big 4 story hospitals I just cant recall right now, hope this helps a little, im half asleep

EDIT: I have a press vest right now (First one I have ever found and it was in Rify), On the other hand I have never found an anti-stab vest.

Edited by Blissful

Are vest still in-game? I haven't seen any for a while...and I mean...any...NO VESTS AT ALL!!!

i dont know about the anti stab, but i got myself a press vest yesterday

i found an anti-stab vest in berezino train station. No slots, swapped it when i find UK assault vest.

Edited by Gekikara

I have never seen the anti-stab vest, only the press twice, in my 300 hours...i wish ammo was that rare.

Edited by whothehellishe

I have NEVER, seen a Press or anti stab vest over my 105 hours of gameplay :c NEVER!

Anti-stab vests can often be found in the Police station in Svetlojarsk, on the Eastern coast. I'm yet to find a Press vest though.

Edited by rapier17

My very first Dayz session I found both the stab and press vests. I can remember deliberating over which one to wear. I have not seen a stab vest since although I've come across several press vests

Found several anti-stab vests.. either in the boat or any of the new police stations.  

I once found a black UK assault vest in in one of the small 2 story barns, on one of the boxes... pretty sure it was not dropped by a player.