Sign in to follow this  
BlueBlighty

Inland Spawns!

To be fair, I'm tired of running 5-10km up and down the coast when I spawn. Also, if people are spawning in Stary/Gorka, then it adds a bit more tension up north, clears the coast of bambi bodies and gives everyone a fairer chance. I think 5 towns would be perfect for spawning and they are Stary, Gorka, Berezino, Kozlovka and Electro. As you can see, I haven't excluded coastal spawns, but the more inland bambis spawning inland gives breathing room for all bambis, while choking a few players up north.

Remember how bambis have nothing to lose? Geared players will have a harder time killing bambis who can dash into the forests, or hide in a remote shack. I just think inland spawns will more or less discourage people from "patrolling" the coast.

Not sure if this will ever become a full time thing, but several patches ago I twice spawned at Novy Starry or whatever it is called.  I wonder if it doesn't defeat the purpose of the whole "marooned in an unknown situation" feel the Devs seem to be going for, but it might come back.

Someone else had an interesting thread where they mentioned several "situations" people could spawn into - like waking up in a ruined car, a bunker surrounded by empty bean cans, one of the helicopter crash sites, etc.  Would add some flavor for sure.  They are/were probably placing in spawns for a reason, testing certain things out I'm sure.  We'll see if it stays this way for much longer.

Random spawns all over the map, most of the ppl playing think the coast is the whole map, some of them even think that weapons are hidden in buried chests. :D

Random spawns all over the map, most of the ppl playing think the coast is the whole map, some of them even think that weapons are hidden in buried chests. :D

There will be, when persistent backpacks are added. Might even drop notes with information regarding dead drops. I really think DayZ is coming together nicely now.

Edited by BlueBlighty