Sign in to follow this  
jjbean_

Pc specs

I have bought dayz and it runs at like 2fps :( will this pc be able to run it at 15 or more?

Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case

CPU AMD FX 8350 (8 x 4.0 GHZ - Turbo 8 x 4.2 GHZ)

CPU Heatsink AMD Heatsink & Fan

Memory 4 GB 1333MHz (1x4GB) - (DDR3)

Graphics Card Radeon HD 5450 PCI Edition

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI/HDMI

Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound

Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)

Power Supply 350W PSU

CPU Compound Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink

Extra Case Fans Standard Fans Included With Case

Optical Drive #1 Samsung 24x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black

**i have already got a hard drive with windows 7 home basic 64 bit**

Well it's an alpha so it runs horribly on every pc, but you do have a low end GPU so for now you will have to live with low FPS. 

Use the search function and you'll see that I (and several others) have stated the ARMA engines (this includes the Take on Helicopters engine that SA uses) are optimized for Intel/Nvidia products.

So is there no point in buying the new pc?

If you're getting like 2 fps, then that PC will be a great boost from that. The graphics card is pretty low end, i'd suggest atleast a radeon hd 6670/gtx 640 or something higher.

Is this a custom built PC or a pre-built? And how much are you buying it for?

Hate to say it but this looks like a crappy prebuilt PC.  The graphics card is not even worth buying.  The motherboard has a 4+1 phase no vrm cooling and when you put that 8350, 125watt cpu on it I bet its going to throttle.  The PSU is weak and could not run an upgrade.  Can you build a PC?  Its not hard I always suggest people take their old one apart and put it back together again.  Tons of videos online to help. 

There is a point in buying new PC, game will be optimized as the development progresses. 

Thanks, I'll wait for a bit, if you guys have any suggestions on what parts or a pre made of that would be a great help. And for the record, i bought that graphics card already because my current pc only has a pci slot ;)

Well it all depends on how much can you spend on new parts, once we know that we can advise you. 

Well I'd start we new power supply because the one you have now is accident waiting to happen. 

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-corsair-builder-series-cx-cp-9020047-uk-80-plus-bronze-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-psu?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CJCCkKWb47wCFafnwgod-RcACA

This should do nicely

As for GPU

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-gigabyte-gtx-760-28nm-pcie-30-(x16)-6008mhz-gddr5-gpu-1085mhz-boost-1150mhz

This one has about as much power as my HD7950 

Now your cpu is slightly below I5 in most cases so that GPU should do well with it. 

Total is less than £240 without shipping, I can recommend that shop most of my current hardware is from them and it always was a pleasant purchase. They also offer special 28 day warranty called scansure http://www.scan.co.uk/scansure/ described here. Just for the peace of mind.  

If you feel generous at some point in future I'd consider swapping your 4x1GB for 2x4GB

Also bear in mind that if this is a pre-build PC once you open it and start swapping things your warranty will be gone.  

Edited by General Zod

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it :D I will have a look :)

I have bought dayz and it runs at like 2fps :( will this pc be able to run it at 15 or more?

Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case

CPU AMD FX 8350 (8 x 4.0 GHZ - Turbo 8 x 4.2 GHZ)

CPU Heatsink AMD Heatsink & Fan

Memory 4 GB 1333MHz (1x4GB) - (DDR3)

Graphics Card Radeon HD 5450 PCI Edition

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT/USB3 (AMD 760G) - VGA/DVI/HDMI

Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound

Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)

Power Supply 350W PSU

CPU Compound Standard CPU Compound Supplied With Heatsink

Extra Case Fans Standard Fans Included With Case

Optical Drive #1 Samsung 24x DVD/CD Re-Writer/Reader - Black

**i have already got a hard drive with windows 7 home basic 64 bit**

I think you could have bit more memory (8gb should do it), better graphics card and maybe better powersuply if needed (depending about GPU mostly in this case).

Edit: Maybe even better MB didnt actually look at it myself but saw that someone had looked at it and is prolly right about  it..

However i got pretty poor perfomance too in dayz. Its playable but it doesnt perform as good as other games like bf3 etc. I got alot games.. Soo il blame alpha.. Anyways my cpu runs at pretty high temps while playing dayz. Doesnt really have same problem with other games. In idle my cpu is around 30c-35c while its 57c-59c in dayz. Also just few weeks ago cleaned it with pressasure air and changed new thermal paste init so its not about that..

Its like 5 years old rig.. Gpu might be bit newer tho..

4,2Ghz quad core

8gb ddr3

GTX 660

500w corsair

Win 7

Edited by MangoX

The game has NUMEROUS configurations & tweaks needed to make the game run smooth.

Spend some time searching for guides on the forums & Google/Youtube.

I've posted a few times on directions on how to tweak peoples hardware.

I've managed to get it to run on a i7-3rd Gen HD4000 Laptop running a 5400rpm HD.  Pretty smooth except in Cherno area.

Trust me there are a TON of settings that can be made to the game to make it run smoother.
Also it does appear to run better on INTEL CPU's compared to AMD..  GPU Nvidia appears to also run better than AMD for this game.

My only hardware suggestions for you if you do want to upgrade but don't wish to spend a lot of money...  RAM.. you need 8GB to enjoy most gaming efficiently.  Otherwise you need to be running a program like Razer's Game Booster to kill tons of background stuff that is un-needed.

Another point to check: Motherboard BIOS. The MB is shipped with version F1 and the FX8350 requires at least F3 (F4 being the latest). It might be possible that the CPU runs not to it's full potential.

I agree on the PSU, way too weak, i would go for a 500W+ at least (for a more powerful GPU). The GPU could be sufficient but don't expect that the game looks fabulous.

His CPU is very close to I5 2500k

So that GPU will be bottlenecking his CPU for sure. I have XFX HD5450 as a spare in case my main goes FUBAR and that thing is way to weak to play most games on it above very low. 

Edited by General Zod