justbigboned

My First Death - Not angry but I am confused

Greetings,

I'll try and keep it short and sweet, but forgive me if I ramble I bit. I found a fairly profitable place to loot that appeared to be home to little traffic. Managed to get a fair amount of decent gear (Nothing special, but ton's of ammo). I log into to make my "usual" run and all is well until I have a chance encounter with a trigger happy fellow.

I was ambushed (Which is fine and, to be expected at some point), and I believe he was just going to rob me (also expected). He gave the instruction to drop my weapon and don't turn around, too which I attempted to comply. Sadly I tried to drop the weapon and was instantly shot it the back. He proceeded to tell me how I was a scrub etc.. So, from the time I was instructed to drop my weapon until my untimely demise I was given 4-5 seconds. I could have complied if I hadn't lagged a bit.

Again, and let me make it clear, I don't fault the guy for reacting the way he did, and I'm not mad about the game being buggy (ALPHA NOOB! I get it). I may have done the same, but it seemed avoidable really. People are rather trigger happy it seems, but whatever. Anyone else die in a similar manner, is there a faster way to drop a weapon besides opening the inventory and praying that it works?

TL;DR I'm being a big baby because I died unnecessarily and hope there is something to be learned from the experience. To the unpleasant fellow who killed me, enjoy all that ammo and beans...

Thanks,

Jaded non fat guy!

The best thing you can do to make them a little less trigger happy, is to unequip your weapon and press F2 to put your hands up. You can even crouch to put them on your head, making you even less of a threat. Then you just drop the gun and hope you get those extra few seconds.

Stay safe out there.

• Like 2

The guy was just an impatient punk and if he thinks he's so good (calling you a scrub etc) he'll fucking spew the first time someone gets the drop on him hard. He'll probably panic and try to shoot his way out and get put down like a sick dog. Then he'll come here to the forums and cry about it.

Don't worry about it, you reacted in the correct way in the situation.

Actually the best way is to try and turn and shoot him first. Lets be honest 9/10 times you will be killed reguardless of how well you follow thier orders so you might as well try to go out fighting.

but whatever. Anyone else die in a similar manner, is there a faster way to drop a weapon besides opening the inventory and praying that it works?

No there isn't! That guy was just an asshole! He is no Bandit but a KoS player! I say KoS because he wasn't going to give you a chance anyways and just wanted to play bossy!

No there isn't! That guy was just an asshole! He is no Bandit but a KoS player! I say KoS because he wasn't going to give you a chance anyways and just wanted to play bossy!

What.

Actually the best way is to try and turn and shoot him first. Lets be honest 9/10 times you will be killed reguardless of how well you follow thier orders so you might as well try to go out fighting.

I'd rather take the 1/10 chance that they're just a bandit than take the 10/10 chance that they'll put a bullet in my head from point blank range as soon as I start to turn.

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies thus far. I'm not too worried about it overall was just a bummer. Seemed like a lose-lose situation. Lesson learned.

The best thing you can do to make them a little less trigger happy, is to unequip your weapon and press F2 to put your hands up. You can even crouch to put them on your head, making you even less of a threat. Then you just drop the gun and hope you get those extra few seconds.

Stay safe out there.

Honestly total surrender is not the best option, they will either KOS you or get you unarmed so they can fuck with you THEN kill you, its always better to make the fuckers work for their meal.

• Like 1

Nobody has ever even attempted to rob me. If they did I would kill them or go down fighting, without question. I refuse to be somebody's bitch.

• Like 1

Nobody has ever even attempted to rob me. If they did I would kill them or go down fighting, without question. I refuse to be somebody's bitch.

AND THAT is why this game will never be realistic, everybody if they had a gun to their face, would comply, but in video games....

LOL FUCK IT YOLO.

• Like 4

I figured I lose the ammo and SKS for sure, but thought I could at least negotiate not getting my face remodeled. The good news in my whole situation here is, I'll have plenty of time to think about my mistake while I make the 4 hour (not literally of course) run back. That sumbitch better not have taken my hacksaw and sewing kit. I swear I'll lose it...

There's next to no chance of living if you attempt to turn and shoot when he has the jump on you at close range. There's at least a chance he'll let you live if you comply.

I prefer to play as though I'm actually a survivor and the goal of the game is to, well, survive. Attempting to fight a guy who has the drop on you wouldn't be a smart choice with that goal in mind. 

I've honestly only been robbed twice and both times I surrendered and lived.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

He is no Bandit but a KoS player!

I am going to teach you something today which you need to remember.

KoS is short for "kill on sight". This means that people shoot before trying to communicate at all. This bandit guy communicated at first, but got impatient. He killed the other guy. He isn't a KoS player, he's a douche.

If you have a mic, the first thing you can do is respond that you will comply.. if they shoot at that point, then there was nothing you could have done to begin with. 

And the only mistake you made was possibly not being observant enough.. but with people logging in and out all over the place, even that is out of your control to some degree