Sign in to follow this  
golobz

SKS (PAP m59/66 Yugo) has rifle grenade attachment!

I noticed that SKS has by default attachment for rifle grenade (tromblon mine), so in the future will be a any use of it?

This is from wiki:

"Added 22 mm grenade launcher which appears visually like a flash suppressor or muzzle brake on the end of the barrel. Front sight has a fold-up "ladder" for use in grenade sighting (main sights on the A1 version have flip up phosporus or tritium night sights). When the grenade sight is raised, the gas system is automatically blocked and the action must be manually cycled—rifle grenades must be fired with blank cartridges for safety, and this feature helps ensure that a live round is not loaded from the magazine. The gas system is not automatically unblocked when the sight is folded, however, and must be manually opened to again allow semi-automatic operation. Barrel was not chrome-lined. Both the grenade launcher and grenade sight are NATO spec."

It has 4 main types of grenades: anti-armor, anti-personal, flare and smoke. It uses the special bullet that has only gun-powder, and gases propel grenade, it has efective range around 100 to 150 meters. Also it is very dangerous to fire, because it has enormous kick when fired.

Edited by GolobZ

Ok, I see that there was a topic about this, so forum mods, you may lock this, or join with a topic that all ready exist..

I dont see them adding underslung to the SKS, but for the AK yes.. in fact Dean stated (Im pretty sure) in his last live stream that GL's were being worked on as well as the Ak. But I may be inventing that memory of the GL's?