Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

Players need to make a sound when combat logging

So I think there needs to be an audio cue when logging off, like a sound where someone packs their items into their backpack or something, a lot less obvious than the spawning in noise, but still one that would prevent people from just running inside a building and logging in the middle of a fight.

I don't like it. I understand you did only though about combat hoppers but about rest players? Atm player char need wait 30 sec after log out. If player which is not in combat just log out in bulding/forest, if you add sound effect then other nearly players can hear him/her, even if player didn't hide from others. 30 sec char siting in game, sometimes is enough to find and kill. If its would concern ONLY log off during combat, then yes, would be fine. As penatly i would add once sound after log in (doesn't matter what server will be choicen).

What about just displaying:

Player XY has left the server.

When you don't see this, he is still there.

When you see this and you search him, realizing it was this guy, you at least know the name of a combat logger.

Nothing wrong with how things are now, in my opinion. As one of the more recent posters pointed out, you can't really add this without potentially endangering anyone who chooses to log out anywhere but on the very outskirts of the map.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with how things are now, in my opinion. As one of the more recent posters pointed out, you can't really add this without potentially endangering anyone who chooses to log out anywhere but on the very outskirts of the map.

If you haven't revealed your position previously, and you're not in the middle of a road, CONSIDERING you logged in an area that is heavily populated (not smart at all), someone will have a hard time finding you in 30 seconds even if they hear you (the radius should be small).

Edited by Infiltrator

I think the log in sound needs to be removed and there needs to be a server option for sleepers (yes like Rust do not hate it was a good idea on there) but for those of you who do not know sleepers are when you log out your character goes to sleep and stays in the world.

I think the log in sound needs to be removed

This, I agree with. Just how many times to I have to load my damn Mosin anyway? :)

I don't like it. I understand you did only though about combat hoppers but about rest players? Atm player char need wait 30 sec after log out. If player which is not in combat just log out in bulding/forest, if you add sound effect then other nearly players can hear him/her, even if player didn't hide from others. 30 sec char siting in game, sometimes is enough to find and kill. If its would concern ONLY log off during combat, then yes, would be fine. As penatly i would add once sound after log in (doesn't matter what server will be choicen).

This is why you make sure you are safe to log out by checking your surroundings. And the sound doesn't have to be loud like an air raid siren.

This is why you make sure you are safe to log out by checking your surroundings. And the sound doesn't have to be loud like an air raid siren.

Not really, yes, cuz player should be check and no, cuz even if you good hide, you never know thats someone is nearly and hear it. Furthermore, without penalty for combat loggers, i dont see any good reason to add thats sounds. Adding it for all players is not fair and meaningless.

Edited by TokumeiSennin

When logging of you should sit there for like 1 min. And if you logged when any player is near you or if you were hit or shot at anytime in the previous 2-3 mins you character should have to sit there for a big 5 mins instead when logged out.

Edited by exomonkeyman

Hmm, if the sound is only hearable for people who shot and hit you or louder for them and very very quiet and short range for everybody.