Lildoo

7 of us wiped out by a single teleporter.

All 7 of us have 150-250 hrs clocked up on the standalone. This is the first time any of us had experienced a hacker we could confirm with our own eyes.

It happened outside Solnichyniy. We heard shooting from the town and saw 3 dead fresh spawns. We thought some random bandits and began to approach in V formation with roughly 35meter spacing between us spread out on the hill and down below.

Next we confirm sighting a lone guy with an m4 appearing on the road. He is 200 metres from us. He vanishes. We assume desync. Suddenly rapid fire from a single M4 opens up on the left flank. Two of my squad report been killed from behind. And by behind I mean 1 meter behind them. We assume clever ambush and adjust accordingly.

But no one is there.  

There's another burst and another squadmate goes down. Shot from behind. (Within 1 meter)

70 meters in front of us the lone m4 guy suddenly reappears between the tracks and road. Then vanishes. He reappears behind the guy next to me and 1 shots him. Before I can aim he vanishes again and I hear his m4 burst fire from 1 meter behind me. Black screen. I'm dead.

The hacker then made swift work of the rest of my squad.  All shot from behind within 1 meter.

I hope we can play for another 150+ hours before experiencing this again. We love the game and don't want to see it destroyed.

• Like 2

Welcome to the General Discussion area.. . . 

• Like 2

Yes, there are hacks, we know, old news.

It will be fixed, scripts aren't even turned off yet because they are still building the game, so just chill and wait.

Shit happens. Regear and hit a different server.

We are already fully regeared and ready to go again tomorrow night. One hacker wont stop us. We just hope it isn't becoming an epidemic.

• Like 3

Idiots like you need a Swift upside the head. No shit doesn't happen. If the devs want this game to be yet another piece of forgotten crap only looser and hackers play, so be it. I'm guessing your in that category.....

• Like 8

Idiots like you need a Swift upside the head. No shit doesn't happen. If the devs want this game to be yet another piece of forgotten crap only looser and hackers play, so be it. I'm guessing your in that category.....

• Like 2

I hope we can play for another 150+ hours before experiencing this again. We love the game and don't want to see it destroyed.

This is the attitude to have.

• Like 10

I'm clocking 157 hours in SA and have yet to see hacker. Then again, few of my deaths were a tad mysterious, so you never know.

Anyways compared to the mod, this game is almost hack free, which is great.

Still I hope devs will remain vigilant, weed out the remainings hacks and make ban waves quick and regular.

• Like 1

You do realise they will never be able to stop this kind of shit from happening....

• Like 2

You can generally kill them when you put ur back to a wall. They might port beside you, or in the wall, but you should have a decent chance to kill them. Should be easier if you have a group too..

No matter how finished any game is, people will always find ways of hacking or finding loopholes, its just a given. I am quite happy at the lack of hackers I have seen in DayZ so far. I've seen a few people server ghost before the update, but that has been rectified.  

• Like 3

Shit does happen. There are very few games where people can't do hacks, scripts or whatever.

Respawn and regear. There's nothing else to do.

• Like 1

i have had 320 hours in the SA and last night was the first confirmed incident i have had of hackers , we were at construction site waiting on other buddies to hook up when 2 of us went down straight away , admittedly we managed to get them both but within 1 min they were both back in construction site . they sounded about 13 but where playing bohemian rhapsody lol , now i spawned at the berezino spawn luckily but like i say they were still there in a min , it took me 3 mins at full sprint . but there i can put up with it  

I've come across a hacker once during my 152 hours of gameplay.
Me and a buddy of mine were in the bottom floor backroom of the police station on SWAF, when we heard someone logging in (you know the sound).
Right away I went to position myself watching the door while my buddy went upstairs to clear the room. The building was empty. All of a sudden I was shot from behind (underneath the stairs) and my buddy perished soon after. 

As far as I know, that's the only time I've come across a hacker and hopefully it was the last. But that's highly doubtful.

I once spawned inside a building, not standing on one of the floors but literally inside the building due to a glitch - I was a part of it and could see two people above me. Excitedly I came over vicinity chat and started playing "Eye of the Tiger" while shooting my SKS which impacted right in front of me obviously but was meant to scare them. Overall funny experience.

Well, maybe the V formation just isn't as strong as you thought?

Should have used the "Flying V" Its much more effective

• Like 1

Well, maybe the V formation just isn't as strong as you thought?

Yep that's what it was, one guy with an m4 took out 7 fully geared people within minutes using a formation but it was the formation that was their downfall.

Riiiight.

Edited by africanhungergames

Still haven't had a hacker issue, just server admin abuse like killing him or his buddies (obviously not sure of the names we killed) and then the server immediately resets. Suddenly they're back (a couple anyways) with their gear still, manage to kill a couple of my squad, then guess what? Another restart as soon as it happens so no chances of finishing them or getting our guys their gear back.

To the OP: some people that play this are complete douchenozzles but it's good you don't let a select few ruin your day :)