leefriendfield

Is DayZ TOO Easy?

Is DayZ too easy for the type of game it wants to be?

Yes or no and why?

For me DayZ is too easy when it comes to finding weapons, food and water. Chernarus is home to a very large amount of people so the fact that there is soo much canned and bottled water lying around in the ruins takes me out of the game. Weapons are also too easy to find, I find and M4 or Mosin and then im done for whenever I travel to places like NWAF, NEAF, Balota Airfield, Zelegnorks military base, etc...  I find plenty of ammo making it a 1 hour task of finding supplies then that supplies lasting me 8+ hours. I am looking foreward to seeing crafting from natural items rather than man made objects, those should be luxory items.

Yes this game is in alpha, but alpha is a testing phase but not so much as beta. I am providing feedback on the game so it can be crafted into an even better expirience and so should you. So please don't berail me with OH ITZ ALPHA.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 2

They want us to test stuff, maybe that's why we find weapons too quickly.

Plus, there is no loot respawn, so maybe that's why there is so many food and water.

In some time it may get more difficult!  ;)

Yes, much easy..me want hard game. Backpack full, back hurts. Belly full, belly hurts. MAKE HARD !!

• Like 6

Yes. It will definitely become more difficult in the later stages of the game, judging by Rockets statements about a survival game. So yeah, alpha and all that.

• Like 1

It wants to be a survivalgame, but I just run around for an hour and look like GI Joe.

Yes, it IS too easy ;)

Well... to be honest, I said the same about the mod.

I want me to feel like god, just for holding this blaze in my hand, but I think, that this would take the fun for most people, because they couldn't pvp as easy as in ... well... a regular PC-Game. 

They want us to test stuff, maybe that's why we find weapons too quickly.

Plus, there is no loot respawn, so maybe that's why there is so many food and water.

In some time it may get more difficult!  ;)

The problem with using the excuss ITZ ALPHA PEPLE is that yes this game is in alpha, but alpha is a testing phase but not so much as beta. I am providing feedback on the game so it can be crafted into an even better expirience.

Yes, much easy..me want hard game. Backpack full, back hurts. Belly full, belly hurts. MAKE HARD !!

me collect berry

me eat berry

me mouth taste funny flavour

me dead

• Like 2

me collect berry

me eat berry

me mouth taste funny flavour

me dead

Me see person

Me say hello

Me be shot

Me Dead

• Like 3

The problem with using the excuss ITZ ALPHA PEPLE is that yes this game is in alpha, but alpha is a testing phase but not so much as beta. I am providing feedback on the game so it can be crafted into an even better expirience.

You are providing feedback on one of the few things that we know will change drastically with each patch (loot spawning), and the way they function currently we know they are not supposed to function in the final stages of the game. So yes, your feedback on this is kinda superflous.

If the game was not easy at this point noone would play it. There is nothing to do at this point besides gathering shit and loosing shit. Difficulty will change, loot will change, alot of things will change over time. 

Edited by Meik0

Yeah, for sure. I dont really want to say this but I haven't played the last few days, I'm burning out from DayZ SA. I mean I have about 147 hours played which is plenty, but IDK.

Maybe its because I dont go around killing people like others do, Im more interested in surviving and now that both my reg and hardcore characters have been alive for a week + there really seems like there isn't much to do anymore.

I suppose ill play the waiting game.. I feel like it needs a little spice soon. Maybe add the bicycle sooner then later. IDK something.

You could always do unique stuff that no one else has thought of.  For example try surviving a boxing match on top of a silo and do it with a burlap sack on ur head.  I saw a video of that in the gallery section and it was hilarious.

It seems like I'm in the minority when it comes to being able to find Guns/Ammo.  Well I always find ammo for guns I don't have.

Of course it is...it's an alpha...not even half the shit has been implemented. I just hope it turns out to be a full complete good game <3

Im so glad I bought it so early, got to experience the things I wanted too. But im also an impatient fuck. Horrible trait of mine.

Insanely easy.

Even the mod was insanely easy. Way too easy.

The only threats currently are other players which is dissappointing. Whats the point of half of the illnesses and things they are programming in if they are no threat.

Once animals and hunting is implemented food will be a complete Non issue.

The only reason its an issue now is because of lack of respawn.

The devs seriously need to look at balancing this game. They need to have lots of stuff but make it all exceedingly rare. That would make finding an m4 worth it rather than turning the gun down because you already found 2 before when you werent even trying.

• Like 2

Insanely easy.

Even the mod was insanely easy. Way too easy.

The only threats currently are other players which is dissappointing. Whats the point of half of the illnesses and things they are programming in if they are no threat.

Once animals and hunting is implemented food will be a complete Non issue.

The only reason its an issue now is because of lack of respawn.

The devs seriously need to look at balancing this game. They need to have lots of stuff but make it all exceedingly rare. That would make finding an m4 worth it rather than turning the gun down because you already found 2 before when you werent even trying.

Yes or no and why?

For me DayZ is too easy when it comes to finding weapons, food and water. Chernarus is home to a very large amount of people so the fact that there is soo much canned and bottled water lying around in the ruins takes me out of the game. Weapons are also too easy to find, I find and M4 or Mosin and then im done for whenever I travel to places like NWAF, NEAF, Balota Airfield, Zelegnorks military base, etc...  I find plenty of ammo making it a 1 hour task of finding supplies then that supplies lasting me 8+ hours. I am looking foreward to seeing crafting from natural items rather than man made objects, those should be luxory items.

Yes this game is in alpha, but alpha is a testing phase but not so much as beta. I am providing feedback on the game so it can be crafted into an even better expirience and so should you. So please don't berail me with OH ITZ ALPHA.

Have you read/watched anything regarding the development of the game? I am glad you are giving "feedback" but if you did some research you'd know most if not all of your gripes are being worked on.

I'd say it's somewhat of an easy game with a medium learning curve... But drop your guard for one second or one footstep in the wrong direction can cost you hours or days of time. Yes it's easy to play, but very unforgiving.

• Like 1

I'd say it's somewhat of an easy game with a medium learning curve... But drop your guard for one second or one footstep in the wrong direction can cost you hours or days of time. Yes it's easy to play, but very unforgiving.

PVE its easy as heck.  But the player vs player combat is brutal.  One wrong move and you die.  As for finding gear, meh not much gear to find in the standalone at the moment.  But I have been lucky to find a pistol with ammo at times so I say your results may vary.  

I've noticed that its much harder to find what you need when your grouped with people because you must share.

some people find this game so easy in it's alpha stage, they want mountain lions, wolves and bears to be roaming the woods red dead redemption style attacking the shit out of us

some people find this game so easy in it's alpha stage, they want rocks, bows and arrows and spears and the extermination of the m4

some people find this game so easy in it's alpha stage, they want all water, food and poulated areas to cause illness

seriously.

the game is half-broken and barely has anything implemented yet.

but overall, yes dayz has always been "easy", depending on how you play.

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 1

Yes or no and why?

Question: Are you playing on a full server?

Yes, DayZ is very easy at the moment.  It's for testing purposes.  This "Early Access Alpha" is at most 10-20% complete before it even hits beta.  For what is in it right now, the game is very playable and we can do all the basic features, that have bugs, which is what we are testing.  Features are slowly getting implemented as they weed out the current bugs.  It'd be foolish for them to start implementing more features to test for bugs before they iron out the current ones.  So as they add more, the game will more than likely get harder.  Hopefully <_<

Edited by Caboose187