exomonkeyman

Pistol Holster Idea/Pistol idea (Pics)

You know you love your sidearm! You want it at all times right? Well it sucks when you put it on your chest holster or even your pants or top and you get shot once and then your backup pistol get's wrecked. What's good about a backup pistol when it's wrecked. Well these ideas can fix that and improve/be cool in many other areas.

Big Military Pistol Holster

Tactical_SERPA_Pistol_Holster_0001.jpg1f

Rare

(4 Slots) pistol slot

Goes on character

Spawns in military style area

%43 faster in getting sidearm out! + PISTOL PROTECTION (Faster speed but holster is bigger therefore it can be shot MUCH easier)

Police Pistol Holster

Gun_holster.jpg686f770f-216a-4ead-8201-0Gun+holster1.jpg

Medium

(4 Slots) pistol slot

Goes on character

Spawns in military style areas + in police station or RARE in civ houses

%33 faster in getting sidearm out! + PISTOL PROTECTION (Slower speed but holster is smaller therefore it's harder to get your pistol shot)

WITHOUT a pistol holster the pistol will go in the character back pocket being slower to get out but still faster than a M4.

new%201.PNGnew.PNG

Holsted/Not holsted pistol can also be seen on character model at all times even with M4 AXE + lots of other gear, this will show the other player that this player is ARMED as pistols can currently be holsted and not seen when holsted unlike AXE's M4's ect ect.

And last thing dual weapons. It might be OP but i'd LOVE to have a 2nd main weapon on my guy. But it takes like %22 Slower to get that gun out. so it's not so OP.

It would be really really cool in my opinion if you put your bigger backpacks back at camp and you went in cherno with a smaller backpack + just a sidearm on your thi OR in your back pocket,  less to loose when you die and you WILL be faster than almost every player there. In & out quickly.

Short overview:

Pistol holsters will

1.Help character development

2.Help know when someone is armed (Checking players out before saying hi to them will benefit you well)

3.Help keep your pistol VERY SAFE. It's hard for it to get shot with it on your side.

4.Pistol being seen at all times in there back pocket.

5.Faster pistol switching.

If i had to pick one idea here. It would have to be visible pistols at all time. And a decent quick animation for them.

You can also check out my cache of ideas here

----------------------------------------------

Radio/Walkie Talkie Idea + (Pics)

http://forums.dayzga...lkie-idea-pics/

Vest Ideas

http://forums.dayzga...s/#entry1577228

Pistol Holster Idea

http://forums.dayzga...l-holster-idea/

Edited by exomonkeyman
  • Like 9

... CoD dual weapons lol. I agree with everything else though.

• Like 4

... CoD dual weapons lol. I agree with everything else though.

Well i wanna take a shotgun with me for a friends or for close range. Like have two weapons on his back OR combine rope with a weapon to just have you your back to drag it with you JUST for a friends.

But glad you like the holster idea.

First of all: Nice items, I agree, but want the pistol still be able to stay in the backpack for slow, but hidden accsess. 

The Problem is NOT that your Pistol is pulled slow.

The Problem is, that it takes so LONG to put away your primary weapon.

If I would be in a hostile area IRL and would run out of ammo, I would drop my empty rifle immidiately to pull the sidearm. The character in DayZ does not. So there should be a key for the fast pull, which will drop your weapon. 

With a crafted weaponsling, you could save your weapon from falling down and carry it in order to change your position without picking it up again.

• Like 4

First of all: Nice items, I agree, but want the pistol still be able to stay in the backpack for slow, but hidden accsess. 

The Problem is NOT that your Pistol is pulled slow.

If I would be in a hostile area IRL and would run out of ammo, I would drop my empty rifle immidiately to pull the sidearm. The character in DayZ does not. So there should be a key for the fast pull, which will drop your weapon. 

With a crafted weaponsling, you could save your weapon from falling down and carry it in order to change your position without picking it up again.

Keeping the pistol in your backpack and keeping it hidden is still viable but of course for the extra slow.

I can see the quick pistol in the pocket idea useful for this. I could go to an air just a backpack and a pistol. Keep no pistol then whip if out and kill if needed.

The sling idea i like.

Well i wanna take a shotgun with me for a friends or for close range. Like have two weapons on his back OR combine rope with a weapon to just have you your back to drag it with you JUST for a friends.

But glad you like the holster idea.

Duals should not be in the game...way too OP. I can see it...every kid running around shooting everything with those (although I would like characters to hold pistols/sawed-off shotgun with one hand)

I like the back pocket Idea for unholstered weapons. It just gives it that cool factor

• Like 2

I like the back pocket Idea for unholstered weapons. It just gives it that cool factor

I just really want that idea xD No idea why. It's just cool to have a pistol there.

Yes loving the idea and honestly im sure the devs are already planning on more holsters , or at least they should , I want knife sheaths for both throwing knives (when throwing is implemented ) and regular combat knives as well .

• Like 1

Yep, Chris Torchia somwhere said, that they're thinking about leg-holsters (and more different kinds of holsters, i believe)

• Like 1

To copy a post I made in another thread...

I lied, there is already a topci on holsters, but I don't feel it has what I think it really needs.

So, holsters...

PICTURE HEAVY!!

We have one and it works really well.  The problem is it doesn't really do anything other than hold a pistol.  Holsters should give a boost (i.e. faster draw speed) and therefore make it a decision on wether you want an 8-slot vest or a nimble back-up/CQB gun.  I also feel that there should be a different variant of the chest holster (under arm) with the ability to hold at least one clip for the FNX45/future clip-fed pistols.

And now you are asking "What tangent are you working off of now?"  Here it is:

There are holsters that clip to belts (the same 2" belt showin in OP) and strap around your thigh.  They can be fixed or modular in design so that you have the possibility of having a bit of extra modularity on your thigh that you could throw a FAK or some extra magazines on.  Such a holster is frequently used in the military because it could attach to a normal belt as well and puts the pistol not only in easy reach, but also well below the soldier's body armor and out of the way.  I mentioned fixed and those could come in two variants:  a thigh variant like the thigh MOLLE panel mentioned earlier, or a simple on-belt design like civilian and law enforcement.

The holster I would most like to see is a "bucket" holster.  This type of holster is traditionally leather and functions similarly to the chest holster in that the weapon slides in and is not necessarily clipped in.  I actually own a bucket holster.  You can see it here sitting nicely between my jury-rigged knife and my multitool (both of which I always wear on me in uniform).

WIN_20140220_203151_zps79cc3090.jpg

I love it, it's a true work of art and serves its use to the best I could ever wish.  What do you use it for, you ask?  Well, it holds an amazing little pistol.

WIN_20140220_203257_zps06881f3d.jpg

(Please note that I do NOT have a bubble butt... the leather strap that ties it to your leg was bunching up the back of my pants and I didn't notice until after I posted...)

And in its full beauty...

WIN_20140220_203328_zpsbacaa948.jpg

That is a Rossi Ranch Hand, chambered in .45LC.  It is in a family of firearms called the "Mare's Leg."  Legally, it's a pistol.  I wouldn't try it as a concealed carry weapon, though...  Why would we have one of these, you ask?  In The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone there is one Winchester 1895 Lever Action Rifle.  The original Mare's Legs were cut-down variations of similar lever-action rifles (tube-fed, rather than box).  This would be a recipe gun that would require a hacksaw... much like a certain sawn-off shotgun currently in the game that *gasp* could use the same holster!  While it is a niche request, I feel that it would be a valid addition to the sand box that would allow for a lot more expression, easier inventory management (much like the OP mentioned, for later on in the build when there are a lot more items that you may/may not need to carry around).

picture004_zps94bca6d2.jpg

It really is a simple addition to the game that would require the use of a belt (unless you wanted to add a western-style ammo belt incorporated into the holster... PLEASE!!!

While you may say that this is far-fetched, keep in mind that there is a civilian population that once lived where we are located in the world of DayZ.  By that right, anything is possible.  That may be a cop out, but anything with enough thought becomes plausible.  Besides, a lot of people have an interest in "cowboy guns."  Mossberg certainly knew that when they made this beautiful .30-.30 with a cool little back scabbard...

picture002_zps857d5ca3.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, even though your type of holster seems to be more practical, i would still prefer the MM-way, because of coolness

1341422864_1341422864_mad_max_reboot-ff.

I'm wondering, did you make it by your own? did you use "leather-needles" or a heavier stitching machine?

• Like 1

That should take even longer than it currently does, though, if you have the pistol in your pack or your pocket. Should only be faster if you have the pistol in a holster of some kind.

Both the OP's holsters are the same, they're both leg holsters (not "military holsters" or "police holsters", there's no such thing). And I agree that they should be in the game plus belt holsters as part of a modular belt system, and shoulder holsters that take the chest holster/vest slot (and possibly conceal the gun if you're wearing a jacket). 

Edited by Rickenbacker
  • Like 1

That should take even longer than it currently does, though, if you have the pistol in your pack or your pocket. Should only be faster if you have the pistol in a holster of some kind.

Both the OP's holsters are the same, they're both leg holsters (not "military holsters" or "police holsters", there's no such thing). And I agree that they should be in the game plus belt holsters as part of a modular belt system, and shoulder holsters that take the chest holster/vest slot (and possibly conceal the gun if you're wearing a jacket). 

Never thought of belts.

The main weapon switching is about the right speed. It would not take more than 5-7 seconds to get a main wep out really.

Edited by exomonkeyman

Saw off the shotgun, and its considered a secondary.

Yes you would think once it had been cut down it could be equiped as a pistol.. one can hope that will be changed in the future ;)

Hey, even though your type of holster seems to be more practical, i would still prefer the MM-way, because of coolness

1341422864_1341422864_mad_max_reboot-ff.

I'm wondering, did you make it by your own? did you use "leather-needles" or a heavier stitching machine?

I did not make it, it was custom made by a guy who does them for a few models of Mare's Legs.  Seeing as to how the FNX45 and .357 Mag both fit snugly in the same leather holster, it would be more than plausible by game mechanics for both the sawn-off shotty and the sawn-off lever-action to fit.  Unless I have an FNX45 with a few attachments, I use the sawn-off shotgun as a secondary.  My hardcore character (RIP) had a Blaze and a shotty to go with his cowboy hat ;)

Thanks for the answer.

Because sometimes i wish i had a sewing-machine, but on the other hand they tend to cost a bit more xD

but c'mon, a sawn off across the chest xD

That would look a bit...

Sawn off in a leg-holster would be awesome, though.

right now i'm thinking:

Blaser K95 or Mosin?

Mosin does sure granted OHK, but the B has the quick follow-up-shot...

However, I have heard, that the B95 can't do OHK...

So the Mosin's better, i guess?

Thanks for the answer.

Because sometimes i wish i had a sewing-machine, but on the other hand they tend to cost a bit more xD

but c'mon, a sawn off across the chest xD

That would look a bit...

Sawn off in a leg-holster would be awesome, though.

right now i'm thinking:

Blaser K95 or Mosin?

Mosin does sure granted OHK, but the B has the quick follow-up-shot...

However, I have heard, that the B95 can't do OHK...

So the Mosin's better, i guess?

I suggested the lever action because it's based on what can be found in real life and wouldn't be a stretch.  You could also spin-cock it with one hand for extra cool points or do it two-handed for a rapid unload.

lever-action like Winchester 1895 etc.?

I think this would be cool, Still powerful, but with a little higher RoF.

But i tend to the Mosin. Looks good, too, deals good dmg. The roF is kinda low, tho.

Well, since we are getting a lever action Winchester, as far as I know, a mare´s leg is a no brainer. We already have the necessary hacksaws :).

Well, since we are getting a lever action Winchester,

How do u know?

Did they confirm this?? :>

I believe so. Not entirely sure where I read it, but I think the devs have mentioned the Winchester as coming eventually. And they did have the model in the mod, even though it was some strange shotgun bastard version...