Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

One Giant Scavenger Hunt..

Survival..

Does it mean outlasting disease or not being killed by pvp/zeds? Do you prefer to starve to death or be shot? Would you rather see zeds that are actually scary and can kill you quite easily, or more diseases and health issues to deal with? 

I ask these questions because if you know Rockets history, you know full well why he is making this game. And you can assume that he wants people to be able to relive his experience in the jungle during his survival training. So more than likely you will see a focus towards what he went through, and less about shooting people and zombies. Again, major assumptions here.. but educated in the least. 

If we end up with a game that is all about survival, what will that mean to those that love playing it now and did in the past? Will people enjoy a game that was mostly about pvp/pve and becomes more about not getting sick? I think there is a brilliance in this game unlike many or perhaps any others. It displays humanity for what it is, or what it can be in the most deprave situation. Its something that I do not want to go away or change.

I hope a balance is found, between looting and having fun. I would hate to go back to the days of running all over Chernarus looking for antibiotics before my character dies from illness he got by being lightly touched by a zed. (Anyone else play during those days?)

...And I fear that eventually this game may just become one giant scavenger hunt if all the focus is on eating and not dying from the cold rain. For now I love it.. What do you think of the future of DayZ? 

Survival..

Does it mean outlasting disease or not being killed by pvp/zeds? Do you prefer to starve to death or be shot? Would you rather see zeds that are actually scary and can kill you quite easily, or more diseases and health issues to deal with? 

I ask these questions because if you know Rockets history, you know full well why he is making this game. And you can assume that he wants people to be able to relive his experience in the jungle during his survival training. So more than likely you will see a focus towards what he went through, and less about shooting people and zombies. Again, major assumptions here.. but educated in the least. 

If we end up with a game that is all about survival, what will that mean to those that love playing it now and did in the past? Will people enjoy a game that was mostly about pvp/pve and becomes more about not getting sick? I think there is a brilliance in this game unlike many or perhaps any others. It displays humanity for what it is, or what it can be in the most deprave situation. Its something that I do not want to go away or change.

I hope a balance is found, between looting and having fun. I would hate to go back to the days of running all over Chernarus looking for antibiotics before my character dies from illness he got by being lightly touched by a zed. (Anyone else play during those days?)

...And I fear that eventually this game may just become one giant scavenger hunt if all the focus is on eating and not dying from the cold rain. For now I love it.. What do you think of the future of DayZ? 

Then you obviously do not understand the reason why Dean is making the game the way it is, it's mostly about SURVIVAL not a call of duty run around with infinite ammo(scavenger perk) and in ghillie suits and acog quick scoping til you get a nuke.

Then you obviously do not understand the reason why Dean is making the game the way it is, it's mostly about SURVIVAL not a call of duty run around with infinite ammo(scavenger perk) and in ghillie suits and acog quick scoping til you get a nuke.

LOL.. wut?

Did you think before you wrote that or just react.. lol

• Like 1

I think when people are going to have to start eating rotten food by choice, rather than being force fed it for the craic, then it's "game on".

Nice reply.  This game to me should be about survival. I love the direction I see it could take. Of course the scavanging will be exciting but to make it more so the items in question should be RARE.  And crafting ... more capabilities and complexity would be nice to see implemented ( if possible). 

Personally I see an end state and regardless of my perception, I think that I can find what I want to enjoy it all the way to being live or whatever.  I am actually looking at this from a real world perspective. To include the retarded bahavior that I would expect to find if something along these lines happens.