Shuriken333

HUD not working properly / cannot use items

Hello. I just bought ARMA 2 and got the DayZ mod. I'm having several issues, and I hope I don't have to reinstall...

Issues: The ear icon in the HUD does not give off the pulse when I make noise. Neither does the eye. I do not have the debug window that shows blood/zombie kills/etc. I cannot use any items in my inventory.

How I tried to fix the problem: Restarting my computer, restarting Steam, running steam as admin., disconnecting from the lobby, restarting the game, when trying to equip a hatchet - putting the hatchet in my backpack then closing the inventory window then opening it back up and putting the hatchet back in my tool belt.

The only thing I have not done is reinstall the game and the mod, which is the last thing I'd want to do. It took me 12 hours to install the game through Steam...

EDIT: When trying to equip the hatchet, I had no other weapons. I did not have a primary weapon equipped. I would right click everything and could not get any menus to pop up to use anything at all.

Do you have a debug monitor and are you invisible in third person?

I do not have the debug monitor. I can't switch to third person :(

Could you try joining a server that allows you too, so you can test it

I have had the exact same problem. I can enter third person in the singleplayer games, but on the Dayz mod specifically, I can't see the pulses,and I can't equip the hatchet as a weapon. Additionally, I can't right click the canned food or canteen to consume.

I am very new to the game, but I'm pretty certain you shouldn't be able to walk right up to a zombie. However, I've been able to ignore zombies altogether thus far and attribute this to some strange glitch.

Also, would appreciate knowing of a method to see fi I have the latest version of the game installed.

I had this issue last time I played. On a server with third-person enabled I was invisible when I entered third-person. Debug monitor wasn't visible, HUD icons (sound/visibility/hunger/etc) weren't working/changing and the inventory menu was broken too; couldn't eat/drink etc.

I've not been able to fix this by reinstalling DayZ. Hoping that the next update will fix things...

Same issue exactly plz update fix soon i bought arma 2 CO for this mod only and cant play really upset right now

Same issue exactly plz update fix soon i bought arma 2 CO for this mod only and cant play really upset right now

Your tears sustain the dev team.

Are you guy's making sure you've updated all the necessary files? From what you've described here (being completely ignored by zeds, not being able to go 3rd person) sound alot like the issue people have been experiencing when they aren't using the beta patch, or at the very least, the most recent beta patch. Make sure you've updated that and got all the updated dayz files. More than likely you ARE in 3rd person mode, but you've invisible. People have been complaining of this, and sometimes you'll see it on the server. They are the only one able to access sidechat, and complain they are invis or can walk thru zeds like they are nothing.

My advice: Make sure you're using the proper, up-to-date dayz mod files, beta patch included. A bit of reading on your part should lead you how to accomplish this, there are several "how-to"s on the forum. If you still can't get it working, I would suggest at least trying Six Launcher. Some people (myself included) don't really like it, but when I was having issues, it certainly helped me out.