Sign in to follow this  
Insidious_void

Very low FPS on a solid PC

Hey guys. I just got the game and I cannot seem to play it at all. The average FPS I get when I exit a building or look around is between 9 and 20. It is simply unplayable. Here are my specs:

NVidia GForce GTX570

Odin PowerSupply 800W

8Gb Ram 1600mhz Kingston DDR3

AMD Athlon II x4 635 ( Quad core 2,9Ghz )

GA-870A-UD3

I hope this is enough. Nothing is clocked.

I even ran the "Can you run it" and it gave me something between minimum and recommended. I am worried on how my PC can't even get the game to the state where it is even playable. I'd understand having 30-40fps, but don't you think that 7-15 on average is a bit too low?

Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

It's your CPU. The game uses one core, not your entire CPU. It's bottle necking. Or each core just doesn't have the power to deliver the FPS you want.

Quad Core isn't great, you should get an Eight core or an 10 Core.

Try lowering some settings, that'd help a-bit.

I tried. Well.. Not everyone can get an 8 core processor. Anywho.. I did even try running it on the lowest settings and I get 20 fps at max.

But I still think it's optimization partly, cause I can run BF4 and Metro Last Light on 50-60fps. I don't see why this couldn't be ran at that fps if you disable everything.

• Like 1

I tried. Well.. Not everyone can get an 8 core processor. Anywho.. I did even try running it on the lowest settings and I get 20 fps at max.

But I still think it's optimization partly, cause I can run BF4 and Metro Last Light on 50-60fps. I don't see why this couldn't be ran at that fps if you disable everything.

He's trolling, more cores won't help for DayZ, right now it's all about single core performance which means high clocked intels are winning (but still not getting the performance you would expect).

• Like 2

So I assume that the game will be optimized when or then to use more cores? I mean, would my rig be able to play it when or then? 

Weak hardware is still weak hardware optimization or not....you will prolly gain a bit more but don't expect any wonders. You can't compare dayZ to BF or Metro because those only load sectors and not a whole map. And of course a lot also depends on the server you are playing on and this game is notorious for bringing down even a NASA pc when the scripts on the server are modified by an person who doesn't know what he does. You also have to consider those games are mostly staged for cinematic gameplay with lot's of special effects and fast blurry movement.

So how can I change that? If the problem is in using more cores.

Buy a cheap second generation i3 and overclock the shit out of it.

One of my friends had one run stable at just below 9 GHz.

Hey guys. I just got the game and I cannot seem to play it at all. The average FPS I get when I exit a building or look around is between 9 and 20. It is simply unplayable. Here are my specs:

NVidia GForce GTX570

Odin PowerSupply 800W

8Gb Ram 1600mhz Kingston DDR3

AMD Athlon II x4 635 ( Quad core 2,9Ghz )

GA-870A-UD3

I hope this is enough. Nothing is clocked.

I even ran the "Can you run it" and it gave me something between minimum and recommended. I am worried on how my PC can't even get the game to the state where it is even playable. I'd understand having 30-40fps, but don't you think that 7-15 on average is a bit too low?

Thanks for all the help.

Only other thing I can suggest that might help abit, is this guide: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

It did help me on GFX side a the more output on the FPS big time. Also it goes over that you can tell DayZ to use the max CPU/RAM etc

Buy a cheap second generation i3 and overclock the shit out of it.

One of my friends had one run stable at just below 9 GHz.

How does he keep it cool?