Sign in to follow this  
Putts_UK

Zombies needs to be primary objective for the devs!

I have to agree with the OP. I worked with professional programmers on a mod for a game and kept track of a dev updating his progress in an internal dev thread. He would frequently list the framerate he was getting with his changes because even slight changes to the code for the A.I. behavior routines would effect the framerate. This was with much less A.I. in a heavily optimized engine. I think these guys are already going to have to perform miracles to get the zombies to be interesting for longer than a week.

Zombies are a complex multilayered project when you think about it. They require:

*Server performance improvements
*Engine optimization
*Pathing AI
*Gigantic Chernarus wide Navmeshes
*New textures for each type of new zombie
*New animations
*Stealth system: Audio detection for Zombies
*Stealth system: Sneaking for the players.

The long and short of it, is that it's already a work in progress. Several teams are likely working on various parts of this puzzle.
We've seen the progress with server performance already.
There is no short term magic bullet for getting it done right. You simply have to wait.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

I really can't wait for zombies to have more of a role in the game. But the part where you spawn into the game and can get hit before you can do anything needs to go before that happens. I hate when servers crash, I try to get in, so the game makes me stand there and load in (which is cheap because I can see everything through walls and all) and i am being mauled by a zombie and can't move. You shouldn't be physically loaded in until you can move...and until then you should not be able to see anything.