Apocrypha8

I thought hardcore and regular servers had seperate characters?

As the title says. I thought that you had a regular and a hardcore toon. I logged off my regular character at a spot, to stay there so I can meet up with my buddy when he logs back on. I joined a hardcore server to play as a fresh character to pass time, and i was surprised to find out that when I logged in, I was my fully geared character. What is up? Did it change? As far as I remember they were different characters.

I think you joined a normal server that has 3p disabled, so it lists as being "hardcore" though it's not the hardcore shard of the hive..

• Like 1

S'posed to be, although some servers would seem to not follow that trend. I've noticed it too, just try a different server.

I think hardcore and normal servers have always had the same hive, the only difference was the 3rd person view.

I think hardcore and normal servers have always had the same hive, the only difference was the 3rd person view.

No not true, they were seperated into two "shards".

But this is most likely a bug you are experiencing OP, it should NOT be like this, the intension has always been to keep them seperate.

Theres no reason for the devs to seperate them first, and create DB shards, to just slap it together again a few weeks later tbh.

Something isnt right there and it might be a bug in the current build, i cant say for sure.

There is def two characters being saved

No not true, they were seperated into two "shards".

But this is most likely a bug you are experiencing OP, it should NOT be like this, the intension has always been to keep them seperate.

Theres no reason for the devs to seperate them first, and create DB shards, to just slap it together again a few weeks later tbh.

Something isnt right there and it might be a bug in the current build, i cant say for sure.

There is def two characters being saved

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry then. I thought it was just as it has been with the mod

Make sure the hardcore server is actually hardcore (try to go on 3rd person). It may be a mislabeled server.