t1337dude

[C@$] 24/7 Daylight No Crap - Hacking clan server? (Screenshot)

I just logged into a server (somehow literally inside of a firehouse), and I've stumbled upon something interesting. There's a server up called [C@$] 24/7 Daylight No Crap, with always a bunch of clan members on the server. They sit in the NWAF, in the Firehouse, and seemingly spawn loot for themselves and their clan mates. I believe they could be using various other hacks as well. I have documented screenshots of this behavior.

If anyone wants to go there - they're sitting there doing this, right now.

qjx7.jpg

EDIT: Maybe they aren't hacking, maybe it was just was just an odd situation that let me observe suspiciously odd behavior. Next time I'll get it on video.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 3

you "somehow" spawned inside the firehouse

mmhmm

• Like 3

you "somehow" spawned inside the firehouse

mmhmm

Got a "server lost connection" message so I D/C'd. Joined another server and there I was. I often end up inside of buildings or random objects when I get disconnected while playing. Play enough and it happens.

Hahaha! Awesome way of catching those idiots! :D

I guess, not much I could do. I tried surprising them with my fire-axe. Hit each player various times and didn't see any blood or anything :(

Edited by t1337Dude

If i'm not wrong other people can't spawn items since they are handled by the server or something

If i'm not wrong other people can't spawn items since they are handled by the server or something

They own the server - so I suspect they can spawn the items.

Why didnt you record it too m8?

I don't own fraps. I just took a bunch of screenshots.

I'll report them but IDK how much it will do. This is at least a good warning - stay away from that server and the NWAF.

Edited by t1337Dude

They own the server - so I suspect they can spawn the items.

I don't own fraps. I just took a bunch of screenshots.

I'll report them but IDK how much it will do. This is at least a good warning - stay away from that server and the NWAF.

Orrrr lets have a bunch of us arrange a time and go gank them for cheating....vigilante justice ftw! Imagine all of a sudden there server fills with 20+people all logging in at NWA with LRS levelled at the firehouse...we just need a mole to confirm they are there :)

• Like 1

Orrrr lets have a bunch of us arrange a time and go gank them for cheating....vigilante justice ftw! Imagine all of a sudden there server fills with 20+people all logging in at NWA with LRS levelled at the firehouse...we just need a mole to confirm they are there  :)

When there are 5+ clan members on, it's a safe bet that they are probably there. When you join it says "No KoS" (even though they do it) and "Party at the Airfield!". Because of that latter message I assume they always station there. I'll bump the topic if I see them again.

Show us some more screens if you have any where items just appear... Could they have just been laying out gear? Maybe someone was using a teleport cheat with esp to grab gear and come back to dump it. Maybe they were duping the items?

Show us some more screens if you have any where items just appear... Could they have just been laying out gear? Maybe someone was using a teleport cheat with esp to grab gear and come back to dump it. Maybe they were duping the items?

I was watching these guys for awhile. They would just run around the fire house and pick up and drop gear. They did this for 15 minutes, all 3 of them. Then another clan member showed up briefly later, and did the same thing. I mean, it's not like they were just throwing weapons and gear around all willy-nilly, but there was certainly a suspicious amount of extra loot on the floor. Why was it there? How did it get there?

Pay close attention to the guy on the right and his feet....

jnvt.jpg

And then half a second later...

t7fp.jpg

Where did that gun on the floor by his feet magically come from? Wasn't there a second ago, was it? Definitely not on his back or from his hands...

Edited by t1337Dude

Unless something has been changed, Rocket has stated that server owners can not spawn gear. So they were duping, or using some form of hack to get gear from around the map.

This fucking game is so fucking hacker and cheater friendly.  Grow some pride and balls, Dean.   Clean this fucking mess up.  Its embarrassing and shows he doesnt give a shit.

If it's a sawed-off shotgun (which it looks like), it can fit in a backpack. Neither hackers nor admins can spawn items. It's not really clear what (if anything) is happening from the screenshots or your description.

• Like 1

This fucking game is so fucking hacker and cheater friendly.  Grow some pride and balls, Dean.   Clean this fucking mess up.  Its embarrassing and shows he doesnt give a shit.

This is Alpha dude. How about your learn to not buy a game that has a bigass warning, saying not to buy it, before you go off and bitch about people hacking. Its going to happen. It happens in EVERY Fps game (Yes I'm aware this in not a total FPS game, but it does have the FPS element to it). If you have an issue with it, then stop playing, nobody is forcing you to play this.

This is Alpha dude. How about your learn to not buy a game that has a bigass warning, saying not to buy it, before you go off and bitch about people hacking. Its going to happen. It happens in EVERY Fps game (Yes I'm aware this in not a total FPS game, but it does have the FPS element to it). If you have an issue with it, then stop playing, nobody is forcing you to play this.

I hate to side with someone (Rick1633) who makes such an emotional and disrespectful post, but I kinda' agree with him.

As much respect as I have for Rocket, if you watch any of his streams it's quite clear he doesn't really play this game whatsoever and has no idea how to play it, and I think some of the staff under him are getting away with murder because he isn't cracking the whip over certain issues due to not even knowing they exist (e.g. He thinks loot spawns in houses that it simply doesn't).

What Rocket does in his free time is his business, and like I said I have a lot of respect for him, but I suspect we'd see some crucial issues fixed sooner if he spent a bit more time on DayZ instead of Project Zomboid and now Banished. He's alpha testing other people's games and barely playing his own.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 5

If it's a sawed-off shotgun (which it looks like), it can fit in a backpack. Neither hackers nor admins can spawn items. It's not really clear what (if anything) is happening from the screenshots or your description.

Upon closer examination, it is a sawed-off shotgun. I hadn't seen one before, nor did I know it could fit in the back pack.

Perhaps they aren't doing anything at all then. I wish I got the entirety of it on Fraps or something - just so maybe we could figure out what they were doing. It looked like they were trading gear - but doing it perpetually for lengthy periods of time. I couldn't really figure out what they were doing or why they were doing it. And then my attack was particularly what made me suspicious - isn't the Fire axe supposed to be a relatively deadly weapon? I caught them off guard and hit one guy 3 times, and others multiple times - but didn't see anyone go down before I did.

As I stated in another thread - I haven't seen personal evidence of hacks yet. I thought this was finally my evidence, but obviously that isn't the case now. I'm used to admin abuse on DayZ (from the mod), so I assumed that this was some form of admin abuse carrying over to DayZ SA>

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

What Rocket does in his free time is his business, and like I said I have a lot of respect for him, but I suspect we'd see some crucial issues fixed sooner if he spent a bit more time on DayZ instead of Project Zomboid and now Banished. He's alpha testing other people's games and barely playing his own.

To put it into perspective:

4G44zbR.png

That is impressive but it doesn't remotely explain why he seemingly has no clue how to play it. Hell, in one of his own streams he once said "it's getting to a point of development where I might even consider playing it".

Do other staff at BI have access to his account for play-testing? Does he keep it running constantly in the background while he's doing debug and specific things? He must do because that's going to be 2 months solid play time soon, the game has only been on Steam since December. There are explanations for that play-time, you should see some of the playtimes my friends have from idling for trading cards.

Like I said I have a lot of respect for him, but his lack of knowledge about the game is overwhelmingly self-evident when you see him actually play it.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina

4G44zbR.png

The fuckers just been sat in a bush the entire time...

• Like 3

Exactly.  While im sorry for sounding like a dick, im just being real.   This game is an unorganized mess so far.   Hacking, exploits, poor mechanics.....   I think Dean took the money and fucking ran......... But he could at least insist competent people fix the game.  But he refused.  So i think that means he cares nothing about his creation

Exactly.  While im sorry for sounding like a dick, im just being real.   This game is an unorganized mess so far.   Hacking, exploits, poor mechanics.....   I think Dean took the money and fucking ran......... But he could at least insist competent people fix the game.  But he refused.  So i think that means he cares nothing about his creation

I don't think he's trying to con us or is taking the money and running, but he does have a seeming lack of awareness about what state the game is actually in. I watch all his streams and he plays like someone who just started, he doesn't know how half the stuff works and spends most of his time in buildings known for not spawning a single piece of loot.

I stopped watching his stream after an hour yesterday, listening to the QA was interesting (horrendous mic issues aside, Eurogamer's fault) but he spent most of that hour in buildings that spawn nothing. He was running around in the same clothes with all his few pockets full of the same useless crap. He didn't even know where he was or where he was going, he said he was completely lost numerous times.

I think development would benefit if he knew the game more intimately. I don't consider this a controversial opinion.

Edited by DarkwaveDomina
  • Like 1

Got a "server lost connection" message so I D/C'd. Joined another server and there I was. I often end up inside of buildings or random objects when I get disconnected while playing. Play enough and it happens.

I guess, not much I could do. I tried surprising them with my fire-axe. Hit each player various times and didn't see any blood or anything :(

so you DCd in the middle of NWAF supposedly in the middle of the firestation, a very unsafe location to be DCd in, and then joined a server with at least 10 people on it?

Yeah just doesn't sound right to me :/

Yay, another new poster spewing the same shit as 1349081349 other people here. FUCKING YAY.

They were duping. They are fixing this next stable release. The other cheaters will take some time to take care of, but it's being worked on.

CLAM DWON NSUB

• Like 1