Sign in to follow this  
bioMatrix

Near Death Experiences

As you know, people who have been near-dead (or I imagine if they die and don't live to tell about it) have reported seeing strange phenomena: floating above, being in a light tunnel, and having their life flash before them.  It doesn't go completely black.

So when you die in Dayz why have the screen go blank?  How about showing a white tunnel with black sillouete figures coming out and some spooky sounds.  Maybe float above the ground where you lay for a short while.  Make it like a real NDE.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Edited by Guest

Interesting. I don't think it would take much resource for the game to take a screenshot once per minute, then instead of showing the black "You are dead" screen, once the server confirms your death it could start to flash the frames by one at a time, say at a rate of one image every tenth of a second (video geeks can advise on more useful numbers here, I'm sure) until it finally shows your body hitting the floor - and then the black "You are Dead."

Neat, no?

I've thought of something like this as well , just no out of body experiences or heaven - like images , as they are too controversial haha .

Iwould say that when you die , instead of instantly seeing the you're dead screen , we see our characters vision go extremely blurry and can just barely make out him falling to the ground ?

Of course it would look best in first person and this is something everyone will experience so instead of just wondering if you were hit in the head with a bullet you could just barely make out what has happened to you . Like for example if you were shot in the head , right now it's just a black screen with this idea even if you were head shotted you would still have a chance to hear foot steps or barely make out the figure of the bandit heading towards you before your character closes his eyes for good .

you could also "tack on" and extra ending after the "life snapshot" run. if you are a zombie kill, then you rise up and trundle off to eat more brains, if you were a starvation.. u turn to bones and sinue, get covered in flies.. rot away >< . You could have some serious fun with this. B)