Sign in to follow this  
Paxy

Character Wiped When Switching Servers FIX

Just a quick fix for what has been happening to me and my friend a lot, tested a few times. When you get disconnected from a server, or simply change servers, and your character spawns as a fresh spawn at the beach with nothing, this is the fix.

1) Do not move on the fresh spawn, immediately log off.

2) Close the game and open up steam

3) Go to experimental DayZ

4) Open experimental to main page and open server list

5) Close experimental then switch back to normal dayZ

6) Open normal DayZ, log into a public server, and you should have your guy back.

Not sure if this works every time, just worked a couple times for me and my buddy.  Good luck!

Or just switch servers.

If you join a server that can't connect to the character database, you can't load your character data and then the game simply creates a new character. But since this server can't connect to the database, this new character isn't saved to the database either, if you disconect from the server right away. IF you continue playing on this server, you potentially risk that the server connects to the database and then the next time the game autosaves, you overwrite your original character.

So if you log in and have lost all gear, log off and try another server.

If this happens on several servers, it's probably a database issue, rather than a server issue and then you're best bet is to log off, keep an eye on these forums or twitter until the database is back online again.

• Like 1

This is slightly confusing.

It seems that you were playing on an experimental server, then switched back to stable Dayz and got your character back. Which is unlikely since experimental and stable branch use different hive which in turn means different characters.