Congratulations.  I wish in the future they will add major modifications like the Tapco stock, higher capacity magazines, other optical accessories.

Don't get me wrong, I love the natural look and feel of older weapons irl, and in my video games lol. Other people have different tastes, so such options should be available to them.

• Like 1

Yea i absolutely love the guns in standalone compared to the mod.

Kinda wished the sawed off shotgun would fit in the chestholster, had to keep it in the bag for now tho.

• Like 1

Yea i absolutely love the guns in standalone compared to the mod.

Kinda wished the sawed off shotgun would fit in the chestholster, had to keep it in the bag for now tho.

Risk vs Reward. You can go bare minimum, I'm kinda really tired so this may sound stupid lol. But like using inventory tetris and eating and drinking when you find it/not carrying it around, you could carry many 'o firearms. I think a sawn-off, a pistol, and maybe even a rifle? I can't do the math right now. But like the space the occupy in your inventory, blah blah you get the drift.

Red brick building with a blue stripe, Piano building, Large office building that looks like a hospital that say TEC on it.

Man those things are everywhere! You just need to know where to look. :D

But congrats! Shes a great gun! :thumbsup:

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Wish we could paint the SKS and fire axe, seriously considering switching to wood splitter for lower visibility.

Wish we could paint the SKS and fire axe, seriously considering switching to wood splitter for lower visibility.

I just keep the fireaxe in my backpack. It takes up five vertical slots, but the hotkey still draws it the same as if it was stored on your back.

• Like 1

Yup, I took that decision. Plus the Wood Splitter fits in the courier bag so super low profile. 

Decided to head into berezino to give the sks away to some freshspawned, upon running into a lone bandit i decided not to take his life with a bullet in his back from a few feet away,

as i turned away to run from this guy i see him turning around and trying to chase me down. So i run around a building and enter, with a few leaps up the stairs i turn around to remove his existance from this apocalyptic world. Then lag hits and he starts glitching around and i hear him firing his m4 and i was then uncouncious.

I tried talking to him and he said he would bandage me but when i asked him if he could give me my own saline bag from my inventory he said i didnt have one. 

I went away from the pc and left the game running to see if i would wake up from the uncounciousness but as i return i hear shots and i was dead.

This picture was taken moments before my untimely demise.

73PAt.jpg

Is the SKS any good yet?

I have shot people and it seems like a very low damage weapon.

Yah, for one: SKS's seem to be everywhere for me... I choose everything over it now just because it seems so abundant. I believe I found 3 SKS in a hospital once, plenty in barns etc..

Actually, I would choose SKS over M4, M4's accuracy is just so blahhhhh

My favorite weapon still has to be the Mosin, I'm not quite sure why, I just love it

• Like 1

I just keep the fireaxe in my backpack. It takes up five vertical slots, but the hotkey still draws it the same as if it was stored on your back.

I think Devs should prevent stuff from backpack to be accessible with hotkeys, seems more realistic to me.

Just  my opinon though.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 2

Is the SKS any good yet?

Im pretty sure, based on me remebering your profile pic, that I have already adressed this to you (or at least in your attendance) in another thread.

Please stop this.

The guns are fine.

The bullets are fine.

Its item absorption values that are out of whack.

Yah, for one: SKS's seem to be everywhere for me... I choose everything over it now just because it seems so abundant. I believe I found 3 SKS in a hospital once, plenty in barns etc..

Actually, I would choose SKS over M4, M4's accuracy is just so blahhhhh

My favorite weapon still has to be the Mosin, I'm not quite sure why, I just love it

acctualy m4 with acog+bipod is more accurate than sks with puscope imho;P

Im pretty sure, based on me remebering your profile pic, that I have already adressed this to you (or at least in your attendance) in another thread.

Please stop this.

The guns are fine.

The bullets are fine.

Its item absorption values that are out of whack.

I am pretty sure

Based on your condescending attitude

That I have seen your posts concerning the clothing

And you are not a mod

And if you cannot clarify the general damage level of the SKS

You should probably not bother commenting

Congratulations.  I wish in the future they will add major modifications like the Tapco stock, higher capacity magazines, other optical accessories.

Don't get me wrong, I love the natural look and feel of older weapons irl, and in my video games lol. Other people have different tastes, so such options should be available to them.

No, not because I don't want you to have tapco shit, but because it doesn't fit the setting at all.

I would go so far as to say extended mags should be implemented, but that would have to be a crafting recipe with a screwdriver. Once we can spraypaint the SKS it will look like synthetic stock so don't bother asking, and optical accessories are a big nono, they're difficult to mount on the SKS, would be extremely rare in europe and frankly we don't need a bunch of scopes for every gun. 

• Like 1

I didnt like it, id rather use the mosin, b95 or m4.

The SKS is amazing... :T

I'd say most of my kills since its implementation onto stable have been via SKS. The PU just makes it sweeter.

Is the SKS any good yet?

I checked DayZDB because I remember their wiki having damage values.

Apparently every gun does 500 blood damage and 200 health damage. So it may or may not be complete horse shit.

EDIT: Google'd a bit and it seems to slot between the M4 and the Mosin in terms of damage

Edited by Pandema

Been enjoying using the sks, not only because they are so abundant and i'm packing about 300 rounds for it but it's a nice bridge between the long range mosin and the short range m4.

Wish the lrs worked with it though, at least until we get binoculars.

Edited by Target-UK