Sign in to follow this  
maxovitsj@gmail.com

Just a heads up

Last night, Robbaz (a youtube lets player with about 170k subs) tweeted that he's gonna install DayZ.

So I expect a video from him soon and that probably means a lot of new players. I'm not sure if I like this, but there's not much we can do about it...

So ye, servers are probably gonna be full 24/7 soon :P

dude, DayZ playerbase is getting HUGE.

i can only hope we get 100% safe, functional tents soon because im scared to go near the coast with all my high level loot lest i get swarmed my makarovs and CZ 550s

dude' date=' DayZ playerbase is getting HUGE.

i can only hope we get 100% safe, functional tents soon because im scared to go near the coast with all my high level loot lest i get swarmed my makarovs and CZ 550s

[/quote']

I know it's getting huge, and I like that, but on the other hand I don't.

It's still in alpha and it's still buggy as we all know. I'm just afraid of the amount of new players we're gonna get :c

I know it's getting huge' date=' and I like that, but on the other hand I don't.

It's still in alpha and it's still buggy as we all know. I'm just afraid of the amount of new players we're gonna get :c

[/quote']

Dont worry about it. About 75% of the players that try it will quit after the first death to a bandit and claiming that ''this shit is lame, BF3/Cod is way more competative and takes over 9000 more skillz''

If they have the patience to get on a server ofc.

Long live the real hardcore gamers

As much as I am grateful to Rocket and his team for this mod, the decision to go public in Alpha stage probably wasn't the best idea... Then again, the creators never anticipated their creation to be so popular.

Arma series in general has a pretty steep learning curve. I can only hope that those who tries the mod for the first time do not put it down because they can't figure out how the game works. Once they get used to it all, it's gonna be very rewarding, unlike other generic shooters (insert name here).

Playberbase is getting to big. They need to update the masterserver or this mod will be unplayable soon because it will just get flooded with requests of people connecting.

I really like this mod and hope it all works out well. It has loads of potential

As much as I am grateful to Rocket and his team for this mod' date=' the decision to go public in Alpha stage probably wasn't the best idea... Then again, the creators never anticipated their creation to be so popular.

[/quote']

They went public to stress test it. They had to do it eventually.

I think the popularity is awesome. Not only for this particular mod but it opens door for other projects with original ideas (well...) by showing there is a huge demand for it. Great!

let's hope that he doesn't put the game down' date=' making people hate it.

[/quote']

Well, there's no scoped shotgun in DayZ, so...