Sign in to follow this  
VnXz

Hacker caught teleporting

Was it a "hacker" really..? All i saw in OP's vid was guy dissapearing from scopesight. Could been lag. And who killed him? Was it even same guy? How you do know that for sure?

But i think hotspot snipers kinda lame and i like to see them crying about they get killed.. Alltho i havnet yet got killed by snipers in this very game but still i dont like hotspot camper snipers so much..

Exactly. The focus of this thread is to analyze whether or not said player was hacking, NOT to demean someone based on the assumption that they are a camping sniper. I never assumed the guy was a hacker - as you have assumed the guy is a sniping camper.

I do however know that what I observed in the video was unlike any lag I've ever witnessed in game. Him getting killed by someone at the end is irrelevant though; it could have been another player.

Exactly. The focus of this thread is to analyze whether or not said player was hacking, NOT to demean someone based on the assumption that they are a camping sniper. I never assumed the guy was a hacker - as you have assumed the guy is a sniping camper.

I do however know that what I observed in the video was unlike any lag I've ever witnessed in game. Him getting killed by someone at the end is irrelevant though; it could have been another player.

Omg i was just having fun about sniper dying and i made short "funny" comment about it. Why you cant just give it a rest why escalate it more?

But as i said what i saw in OP's vid.. Maybe there was hack or maybe not...

Edited by MangoX

I know hackers exist, but I don't see anything on this video that couldn't also be lag.  It is the more likely explanation.

Show me a video of lag that looks as though someone teleporting/moving forward super fast. I'm not trying to be a dick, I just literally haven't seen lag do this. All of the more clear teleporting/speed hacker videos I've seen are not unlike what happened in this video: A player moving unbelievable fast who is unaffected by obstructions (fences, buildings, etc.)

Edited by solodude23

u cant be that fast if u run with double w to this position from the firehouse...

zoom a bit in... in HD u can clearly see he goes trough the wodden fence then trough the wall and the second fence into the woods, a straight line no curves... then he deactivad "it" and start peeking behind the tree.

its impossible to get there this fast... we ttryed it... u need with double w alot longer.

Edited by quantum2k6

@OP, looks like we see someone lag, we only see one instance of him disappearing.

Then we see a camper get shot in the back after staying in the same spot for who knows how long.

• Like 3

Um, OP. I'd be more convinced if you actually caught video of the guy that killed you. Since the guy in the town seems to lag and then freeze (he also looks unarmed from what I saw) and then you start swinging your camera all over the place so we never see what he does.

$5 that someone killed you for being a sniper on the coast line and you jumped to the conclusion it was a hacker.

This would be a cheater.  He uses scripts or programs written by himself or others.  He isn't hacking anything.

Um, OP. I'd be more convinced if you actually caught video of the guy that killed you. Since the guy in the town seems to lag and then freeze (he also looks unarmed from what I saw) and then you start swinging your camera all over the place so we never see what he does.

$5 that someone killed you for being a sniper on the coast line and you jumped to the conclusion it was a hacker.

QFT

• Like 1

I can confirm this hacking. Last night around 3 Am in the morning my squad of highly equiped men/women were single handlingly taken out by one man at 50 yards. We never saw him once. Later when we were all slain I ran back to our bodies and he was still there. He could run up and down the mountain at speeds not possitible for players. Knowing my name the instant I arrived. He knew I was apart of the party he killed. He didn't kill me, and I followed him around. Later he could see my friend 400 meters away through trees, and over hills. We were in a valley. There was no way he could see him. Also again, he stated my friend's name.

There are people hacking. I didn't record it and for that I am sorry, but it does exist.

There are people hacking. I didn't record it and for that I am sorry, but it does exist.

We know it exists it has for some time.  No one is denying it's existence.  Just simply stating that it was most likely not a hacker that killed the camping coastline sniper.

He probably hadn't moved (from his position) for a good long while but probably was moving around, probably fired off some shots, probably did not have good cover.  Any one or all of these are the more likely cause of his death.

Why are people so ignorant and so diehard to keep shooting down the fact that this teleporting/hacking crap is going on all the time and it does no good to not acknowledge it unless you are hacking yourself and don't want to lose the esteem boost trolling people with hacks gets you or you are such a blinded zealous fanboy that you do not realize your attitude towards this games issues (alpha or not) is BAD for it in the long run.

Because it isn't going on all the time.  There are many of us with 150+ hours of play who have never seen a single incident of hacking that can be confirmed.  

The OP here claims that a man running, who suddenly vanishes (which looks for all the world like a rubber band style lag out) teleported out behind him and killed him despite never seeing who shot him and him being a camping sniper who had been there for an unknown period of time (in a popular camping spot which many people will check as a habit).  I am not saying there is anything wrong with being a camping sniper mind you, just that he is in this case.

What I find laughable is that, despite a host of known issues of clipping, lag, desync, glitch based accidental teleportation, people running in a straight line through any impediment after a crash to desktop, and other Alpha oddities, we have people leaping on here trying to claim their every death or observed bizarrity is a clear sign of insidious hackers.  It simply isn't true.  There are hackers.  They are so rare that the vast majority of players aren't seeing them, even those of us playing hundreds of hours at this point.

I would be curious to see how often these hacking claims are made by newer players who are assuming the glitches are hacks and not the artifact of an Alpha build game with insane clipping and lag issues.

The most plausible option is, that the person you saw at the red house was lagging and that you've been shot by another person.

I can understand that is frustrating to die, but you shouldn't jump to conclusions too soon. This video proves absolutely nothing.

On another note: i heard some rumours that playing Dayz while wearing an aliuminium foil hat makes you invulnerable to hackers...

you do REALISE there ARE hacks for DayZ?

people do hack in SA?

why is this even a question.

unless the OP had given away his postion, he was esp'd and then teleported to.

the other videos speak for themselves.

hacking. deal with it.

• Like 1

5a2d.png

33u4cqp.jpg

All I did was search google images.. 

/thread

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Irish, no one (okay maybe someone) is saying that there is no hacking at all in DayZ.

We're saying that the first video posted by the OP was more than likely not hacking. The second video is probably hacking but sometimes its safer to not go screaming "OMFG HACKERS WTFBBQSAUCE" and consider other potential reasons.

you do REALISE there ARE hacks for DayZ?

people do hack in SA?

why is this even a question.

unless the OP had given away his postion, he was esp'd and then teleported to.

the other videos speak for themselves.

hacking. deal with it.

And how do you deal with it?  Oh if you mean ignore it, that's not dealing with it.  I personally just don't play nearly as much as I used to after getting esp/teleported on twice.  You want to see this get fixed quickly, then start bitching more about it.  There is no ignoring a player that can take out an entire group of players because he knows where they are all at, all the time, can teleport to them and can always hit with the aimbot.  So please do tell, how does one just "deal with it"?

For the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999th time, it's not hacking it's ghosting.

The person logged out, joined an empty server, ran to your position, then joined your server again.

(Not that that's okay either, but it's not a bannable offense.)

(Also lol some guy watching over town with a scope...totally not a bandit. :D)

Maybe you should watch closer, the guy is skipping across the screen.  The video can't confirm that the guy warped up to his position and that it wasn't someone who heard/saw him, however, the video clearly shows someone warping around more than 10m at a time, which would be nearly impossible to hit or defend yourself against.

Can people please stop flying off the handle at people for legitimately reporting and posting issues?  All of you screaming "IT'S AN ALPHA", yeah guess what?  That's what the ALPHA is for, reporting and documenting these issues.  Just because YOU haven't run into a hacker YET doesn't mean they don't exist, nor when someone posts hard evidence in a video should you go off about something completely unrelated to what's being reported.  That video is one minute long, and only edited as far as I can tell, to show the warps in slow mo, then he drops dead with just the sound of a soda nearby.

Even if someone had been on the server for 30 minutes, logged out and switched servers, they would have been hit with AT LEAST a 30 second timer, probably closer to the max 300 seconds.  How do you account for the fact that the encounter happened in less than 60 seconds?

Edited by OhNoes
  • Like 2

How do you account for the fact that the encounter happened in less than 60 seconds?

He probably hadn't moved (from his position) for a good long while but probably was moving around, probably fired off some shots, probably did not have good cover.  Any one or all of these are the more likely cause of his death.

Having stated that twice now and watching the video again, we don't know how long between the guy lagging/teleporting and OP getting shot, since it is an edited video.

Seems this statement needs to be stated again as well:

We know it exists it has for some time.  No one is denying it's existence.  

Edited by ChiefMasterKush

Having stated that twice now and watching the video again, we don't know how long between the guy lagging/teleporting and OP getting shot, since it is an edited video.

Seems this statement needs to be stated again as well:

Quoting people out of context and misconstruing the quotes doesn't exactly add anything to the discussion.  The question I posed was to the guy who said the person warping around ghosted by switching servers and then switching back.  So yeah...

Once again, we know hacking is real.  But the idea that ESP is required to find a player, parked on a known sniper hill, is absurd.

If you are in some of the more common areas when action is happening, good players will check those areas to make sure you aren't there.  If you are, then don't be surprised if you are shot.

And again, people with a hand full of posts, an unknown amount of time in game, and pics and videos from Youtube and google do not suddenly prove that there is a hacking epidemic.  There isn't.  If people with hundreds of hours aren't seeing any sign, then I highly doubt we are having a epidemic.

Play the fucking game and cry to your friends.  Even if there was a shadow conspiracy to destroy your fun, nobody here can do anything about it.

• Like 1

Or we all could just argue about what color the sky is and hope things get better with the sea. 

#facepalmsohardmyarmhurts

Meh. so much meh.

Yes there are hacks, yes they will be dealt with.  SA isn't fully hardened yet, scripts are still enabled in the engine so script injection still works to some extent.  this will not be the case in the release build.  Also i'm sure the holes in the code that allow the esp hacks will be fixed sooner or later.

In game like dayz, in alpha, you have to expect hacks.  By all means report it, but save the whining until the full retail build.

• Like 1