Sign in to follow this  
spider1982

HELP PLEASE!

I'm going to apologise in advance as I'm sure it's on here. Did try search but the posts that came back didn't have any answers on them.

Basically I have installed the Combined Edition of Arma II from Steam as well as the DayZ mod through Steam also.

Every time I try connecting to a server it comes back with 'bad version, server rejecting connection'.

Again apologies as I've never really been a PC gamer but can someone give me a 'Dummies Guide' to getting me up and running. If it helps you can be as condescending as you like as long as it will get me in to the game!!

Thanks, hopefully,

Dan

I'm going to apologise in advance as I'm sure it's on here. Did try search but the posts that came back didn't have any answers on them.

Basically I have installed the Combined Edition of Arma II from Steam as well as the DayZ mod through Steam also.

Every time I try connecting to a server it comes back with 'bad version, server rejecting connection'.

Again apologies as I've never really been a PC gamer but can someone give me a 'Dummies Guide' to getting me up and running. If it helps you can be as condescending as you like as long as it will get me in to the game!!

Thanks, hopefully,

Dan

Did you've got the same Day Z / Arma 2 patch like the Server need? Look for the Server description. If not, update your game and try it again. Also look for required / not allowed mods on the server.

How do I go about updating it? Everything on steam says its good to go, that's what I can't work out

1. Did you run arma 2 AND operation arrowhead to the start menu?

2. Download Dayz Commander. It's much better server browser/updater for the mod and is very easy to switch between versions and mods.

3. Die playing Dayz mod! 

• Like 1

I have run both through yeah, I will try the dayz commander now. I'll come back if I get no joy lol

I have run both through yeah, I will try the dayz commander now. I'll come back if I get no joy lol

as creature says, dayz commander. Then install/update the versions that you want to play, i.e Epoch and overwatch. Remember to use the filter too, if you just want to play a certain version.