Sign in to follow this  
OldWolf (DayZ)

Bring up Iron sights middle of run?

Hey guys,

Just wondering, is it possible to aim down your rifles iron sights in the middle of a run (not jog). Do I have to stop running and right click to get my iron sights or can I actually be in the middle of a run and right click and it will automatically bring up the iron sights?

It feels like bringing up iron sights is slow when some things go down..

Edited by OldWolf

I THINK  you have to relaece W then reapply it if your sprinting to be able to aim, was that way in the mod anyway....I could right click in sprint but it wouldn't scope till I stopped. ;)

You can right click while sprinting to set your state to aimed down sight, but you'll need to drop from sprint to jog to actually be able to aim down your sight.

Bind "Turbo" to a button, use that instead of double tap W to sprint. Then you just have to release the Turbo key and you can bring up your gun and fire. It's a bit faster and more fluid than having to release a double tapped W and press it again.

Hope that made sense, I'm tired.

Edited by SpartanxApathy

Why would you want to aim while running? Your bullets would be all over the place. Just shoot in third person in that situation.