Sign in to follow this  
brokenhope33

A general discussion on What order would you want things added in, or things you would like to see.

My personal want list goes as follows;

1) Flashlights not going through walls at night. Yes this is my number 1. Without this, night time is stupid and shouldn't even be on.

2) Improved Weather dynamics. Make the rain feel better! I love immersive things in games and standalone has a lot going for it.

3) Bicycles! Cars are cool and all but gimme a bike.

4) Item spawning. Come on, lets get items to refrehs every 20 minutes on their own.

5) Caves. Caves would be awsome to hide in!

6) Wildlife. Both the threat variety and the food variety.

7) Cooking. Derp.

That is my list of items that are up on the high end of my desires.

Also these...

A_handcar_pump_trolley_UK.jpg

You may have been joking, but I actually agree with you on this. It would be an ideal way of moving along the coast quickly and relatively quietly. Of course, it would be risky in the sense that you're bound to the tracks could easily be ambushed. It should be operable with one man, but faster with two - encouraging team work/co-operation.

For me:

1) Vehicles / Transportation

2) Base building / persistent storage

3) More guns, clothing and items

In addition to the usual bug fixes, optimization etc.

Edited by Spite

Personally I'd love respawning loot and dynamic loot spawn based on number of people on the server. Low pop = low loot, med pop = med loot, high pop = high loot. 

Inventory:

-Rework inventory system and items that follow to volume and weight realism level. (A pen doesnt take 1 slot.)

Remove everything except players, the landscape, buildings and infrastructure.

-Add current player starting kit. (with proper weight / volume attached to items)

-Add flora and fauna (food).

-Add current health system.

-Add random lootspawn. Spawn 1 type of small backpack, fire axe and magnum + ammo. (weaponized PvP / PvE.)

Navigation:

-Add writable map, pen and compass.

Storage:

-Add "sticks" and opaque camo net.

-Add piles. A pile is a designated area that can be achieved by 4 "sticks" in the ground. The maximum storage capacity (based on volume of surface area) is limited by the "stick" to "stick" lengths and should be able to contain (a pile of) the largest item (not vehicle) in game. The pile is covered by an opaque camo net to avoid loading potentially 100's of items. Piles are accessible by everyone. Interaction with the pile can be hand, backpack and vehicle. Individual character piles are relocated instantly when they die and a map with the new location spawns on their corpse.

Clans:

-Add clans. This can be as simple as a rock or pole with (erasable) character names on it.

-Add clan based communal piles. These can still be accessed by everyone.

If all clan members are dead, all communal piles are relocated to unknown locations after 5 minutes.

A map with the locations spawns on the last member to die.

Base building:

-Rework buildings to suit base building / destruction and desired level of realism. (start with buildings that generate the most problems) All reworked models should allow paint on exposed surfaces.

-Add tools for working metal, stone / concrete and wood. (includes welder / cutter / generator)

-Add gathering building materials.

-Add shaping gathered materials to desired dimensions.

-Add 3 dimensional piles (8 "sticks") which must be encased in wood or metal on 5 sides (with lockable lid optional) and can be incorporated into vehicles during vehicle construction. 3D piles larger than "y" can not be picked up by hand and have to be constructed on site

-Replace troublesome buildings with reworked models.

-Add lockable doors.

-Add base building. (make exposed surfaces of placed parts paint friendly)

-Continue adding reworked models.

Vehicles:

-Rework vehicles to suit point 3

-Add vehicles.

-Add altering mechanical properties and player designed superstructures. Make exposed surfaces of placed parts paint friendly (Many designs will likely resemble light tanks without (large) guns and im absolutely fine with that.)

-Add spare parts.

Paint:

-Add paintbrush.

-Add paint including 3 shades of green, grey and brown.

Weather:

-Add weather impacting health.

Zombies

-Add Z until surviving on your own requires copious amounts of skill.

Optimize.

Release alpha.

Fine tune features.

Add fluff

Optimize

Release beta

End of cliff.

For now.

1) More zombies

2) Better zombie AI

3) More zombies

I like the game and all, I really do. There should be WAY more zombies (I realize this is not as simple as spawning in 100x zombies etc). Ideally, if you wanted to loot a large city like Elektro or Cherno, you should either have a decent sized group, or be a damned desperate individual.

I really don't give a shit what order things arrive in, I'm just happy that they're arriving with frequency. The dev team have been excellent with updates and responding to community feedback. Plus I'm sure they will be adding features in sensible layers/batches as and when they're ready rather than following the wants of a community that (largely) doesn't know its arse from its elbow when it comes to game dev. :D

Edited by Monkfish

Speculating on order is kind of pointless since different teams are working on different things at different paces and we might as well test them as they come.

But...

Zombies/Hunting/Melee weapon balance/More Crafting

Edited by Rudette

1.) Animals/Hunting/Cooking

2.) Improvised/Low quality weapons

3.) More/Better Zombies.