Swiftkilla123 (DayZ)

Headset Mic Issue - Direct Chat

Hi there guys,

This issue is referring to Day Z mod, in particular the Epoch Mod/sub mod.

I have a set of Razer Chimera's, the 5.1 version, (if you need further model info let me know).

I cannot for the life of me get my direct comms working in voice.

Its not the in-game VON settings, and I'm fairly sure that everything is set correctly in Windows.

Any suggestions for me to try please guys?

Edited by Swiftkilla123

Do you happen to have a program you could use for voice recordings to see if your mic is working properly?

I have FRAPs full version if that's any good. But I use TS very regularly and it never, ever has problems. Usually connection issues with TS. 

When I've used FRAPs, my video doesn't have my voice, but I meant that to happen, so I can't say I've used it to test that.

You could refer to this thread for the mod: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/52408-mic-not-working-in-game-look-here/

It has helped me when I was having mic issues, I'm sure it will do the same for you.

If you have any more problems if the reference doesn't work for you, you can let me know by messaging me. :)

Awwhh, I feel honored for the offer and I'll be sure to take you up on it if I need to :) 

I can live without it, but Its hard to be friendly and type haha!

Thank you!

• Like 1

That's what I'm here for. If all else fails, I could let moderators know about the issue to ensure you have a proper gaming experience if it's required :)

Go to your system control panel and then search for "Sound", you could alternatively press the windowskey and search for it.

Anyway, you would have to make sure you have selected the correct microphone as a recording device, as that is what the games picks up.

The difference to Teamspeak is, that with Teamspeak you just select your microphone manually anyway.

Hi guys, just an update, been busy over the last few days administering a new epoch server. I bought Arma 3 and I am still having the problem.

Is it Arma / B.E. related perhaps?

Hi guys,

Further update, it's fixed. 

I would highly recommend this post.

You could refer to this thread for the mod: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/52408-mic-not-working-in-game-look-here/

It has helped me when I was having mic issues, I'm sure it will do the same for you.

If you have any more problems if the reference doesn't work for you, you can let me know by messaging me. :)

Its good because it rungs you though the different issue (exactly like those ISP gits do :P)

Thanks for posting your help suggestions, I can confirm I can use Direct Comms and that my issue is resolved.