Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

so is this going to follow the trend of the past updates and go up tomorrow? (Wednesday)

Tomorrow is Tuesday I think...

Last week Rocket and Hicks were saying that updates to stable were going to slow down to a 3-4 week interval to reduce the risk of having a big bug slip in like the GPU memory leak in 0.34 (presumably experimental will be updated more frequently but they will wait longer to see if any problems come up there before updating stable), I would guess they will probably do another update to experimental this week but maybe not stable for another week or 2.

Edited by Young Trotsky
  • Like 1

I don't understand, why are they adding so much usless staff and nothing which they wrote in the upcoming futures like vehicles, more guns, place constructing etc???

For what the heck should I do with all this hats and pants if I can't store all that shit anyware? 

3 months are gone, and I didn't see any significant futures added to the game which can somehow motivate me to play this game...

I bought it a month ago, played like 2 days with my friend, got all the staff and got borring because where is nothing to do with.

Bring us something we can play with, and then add all this textures, vilages updates and other stylistic things!

From what I saw, people with mods do more then a developers team...

Its almost like game development takes time or something.

The people adding new clothing items aren't necessarily the same people rewriting parts of the engine to allow for vehicles and persistent storage areas. Wait until the game reaches near 1.0 status before complaining about "missing features."

• Like 1

I don't understand, why are they adding so much usless staff and nothing which they wrote in the upcoming futures like vehicles, more guns, place constructing etc???

For what the heck should I do with all this hats and pants if I can't store all that shit anyware? 

3 months are gone, and I didn't see any significant futures added to the game which can somehow motivate me to play this game...

your expectations on a real alpha are way to high, sorry to tell u that. maybe u never used to be a part of a alpha and even u did, u might joined a alpha wich was more like a beta (sold/published as a alpha) - no problem, thats why we got this forum.

Rome wasn't built in a day either, but there where guys sellin some nice hats while rome was build - should those guys stop sellin their hats?

From what I saw, people with mods do more then a developers team...

No clue what kinda mods u played on wich engine, but yeh - in some ways you'r right - but those mods GROW on FINISHED games and the most of them still buggy as hell :)

Edited by Guest

dont see why people are complaining about new clothing, clothing is already in the game, adding more is alot simpler than adding a whole new feature or mechanic like vehicles or base building.  im sure when vehicles do get released you wont be complaining about a new car added every week

personally i like the mix of big and small feautres/items being added each week, gives us something new while we wait for the big stuff

• Like 2

I'm still having serious performance issues since version 0.34 update. On 0.33 I was gettin solid rock +40 fps with drops at towns, but always giving fps above 30. Since 0.34, I've been experimenting serious lag, my fps count don't go above 15 fps, I get a lot of stuter and it drops to 4-7 on towns. This happens in all server conditions and indepently of graphic settings, launch options or ini configurations, I get exactly the same results.

My system specs:

Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz

16 Gb RAM 1666 Mhz

2x GTX580 SLI (Enabled and disabled, forcing ToH/Arma:OA SLI profiles from Nvidia Inspector, same results)

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HDD

Windows 7 Professional

Ndivia drivers 334.89 (also tested with previous version, same results)

Anyone could give me some input on this?

get yourself a 2dn gen, or later, Solid-State Hard drive. Even if it just has Dayz Standalone on it. The game will love you for it ;)

I don't get it why so many people ar so mad about the patch not comming out and the game still having bugs. It's a pre-alpha. It even says when you open the game that it's made for testing and not for your enjoyment. The game is still in 0.xx versions and will stay so for a long time.
If some of you are here only to complain, then you bought the game too early.

Edited by Boogyman93
  • Like 3

I don't get it why so many people ar so mad about the patch not comming out and the game still having bugs. It's a pre-alpha. It even says when you open the game that it's made for testing and not for your enjoyment. The game is still in 0.xx versions and will stay so for a long time.

If some of you are here only to complain, then you bought the game too early.

these words fall on deaf ears. I really don't understand the people who get this to play as if it is a finished game. They don't go to the forums, don't bother with bug reporting, nothing. At least the people who bother to complain on the forums are actually voicing something. It's the thousands that are just milling about online like everything's cool that I hate.

I understand well enough in which phase are the game now, the only thing I complaining is how slow the development goes...

I understand well enough in which phase are the game now, the only thing I complaining is how slow the development goes...

I should probably take a deep breath and relax but..

ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS MATE? We've had updates every 2-3 days, now we have features rolling in every week, that is not slow.. and that is probably the fastest they can get them out there. If they were capable of dropping big game-changing updates every day, it wouldn't have taken a year to bring DayZ alpha out, which feels very similar to the mod except some graphic tweaks and some animations (and a lot of work under the hood, network bubble, rewriting of codes etc). If they were able to code at that speed, we wouldn't be in alpha at this point but enjoying a full developed game.

You signed up for an alpha, which will be in alpha state for a year before it goes Beta, hell the game even blocks you from playing if you don't understand this common sense, why did you press "OK" on the red square? Did you read it at all?

• Like 2

I have been involved in games where they are only patched every 3 to 6 months

So development/patch frequency seems rather good with DayZ compared to some other games

It sure is a "Fast Food" type of a World we live in today!

• Like 3

Having played some other early access games this is clearly the one with the fastest pace.

They are not just fast as hell, they'd also hired a team of devs for hunting/Zombie behavior :D

• Like 9

Having played some other early access games this is clearly the one with the fastest pace.

Agreed. With DayZ the development is very fast and pretty steady. By steady I mean you can almost anticipate that "the next patch comes out next week" rather than patches comming out semi-randomly every once in a while which seems to be pretty normal with other early access games.

Edited by Klemingway
  • Like 1

They are not just fast as hell, they'd also hired a team of devs for hunting/Zombie behavior  :D

mother-of-god.jpg

Edited by vR4w
  • Like 1

I bought it a month ago, played like 2 days with my friend, got all the staff and got borring because where is nothing to do with.

Bring us something we can play with, and then add all this textures, vilages updates and other stylistic things!

From what I saw, people with mods do more then a developers team.

I love the fact this guys has a BF4 forum avatar lmao... go play bf4.. no really !! please go play bf4 

also i never get bored... electro hostile takeovers, handcuff force feeding fun, bambi vs bambi boxing for weapons and gear prizes, church group underwear worship, the running shoes bait trail, gear testing on the unwilling, medical rescue of friends, scaring the shit out of fresh spawns (and randomly gearing them up if they sing a song to us!!) Russian rulet with blood bags!  its a open sandbox game have a little imagination you can do whatever you want.... if you really get bored send me your steam ID i can kill you and you can start all over like its a new character!!!      

Edited by S.Pelkey
  • Like 1

I love the fact this guys has a BF4 forum avatar lmao... go play bf4.. no really !! please go play bf4 

also i never get bored... electro hostile takeovers, handcuff force feeding fun, bambi vs bambi boxing for weapons and gear prizes, church group underwear worship, the running shoes bait trail, gear testing on the unwilling, medical rescue of friends, scaring the shit out of fresh spawns (and randomly gearing them up if they sing a song to us!!) Russian rulet with blood bags!  its a open sandbox game have a little imagination you can do whatever you want.... if you really get bored send me your steam ID i can kill you and you can start all over like its a new character!!!      

So plenty of stuff for hostile / bandit style players to do. Not much challenge of PVE and not much entisement for people to work together.

As a friendly player, who was annoyed by the over done KOS deathmatch style of the mod, Day Z standalone seems to have created the same problems again.

I hope for an increased number of zombies and more challenge ASAP. I completely agree with Diablo and would rather wait for a real update than been drip-feeded tiny loot. Just an opinion, your of course entitled to yours.

• Like 1

My avatar is from BF3 not BF4 but this no matter, but judge people by theyr avatars its really lame dude...

And why u guys are so evil? All that I did was expressed my opinion, if u are not agree with it, pass by, or reassure me, but u don't need to offence me.

Peace.

judging people on a image posted on internet is the new retardation of the interwebs

obviously by looking at mine for eg i am into pig beastality with models its certain that is the truth.

Edited by dgeesio

They are not just fast as hell, they'd also hired a team of devs for hunting/Zombie behavior :D

Fucking awesome news! I'm really excited about the upcoming changes!!! :)

Edited by Gekkonidae

Is there coming a new patch for experimental today?

I don't think so. However, the one being pushed out in 2 weeks will have a lot of additions to it by the looks of it. I'll wait for more/better stuff :)

Sorry for double post.

Edited by basinox

This game develops faster than a caterpie. We are just 3 months in alpha and they are already almost done with mechanics that are too complex for your usual triple A game.

I only hope that this game doesn't end up like minecraft when Dean leaves because that one is pretty dead after Notch left.

Did I hear him wrong, or did he say that we'd be able to catch thrown objects (I imagine by holding down the throw button with empty hands, or something like it)? That would be awesome!

This mean nothig ... but this game it is alpha and have less problems than bf4 at release date ... maybe mean nothing but it is a fact!

(we are still waiting noobs at Berezino come at will :P )

Edited by Demonio