Spiderdude20

Crazy Sh*t to do in the future.

Before anyone thinks otherwise, no, this is not another insanity meter suggestion thread. this isn't a humanity, or a morality meter suggestion thread either, so put your flamethrowers away. Onto the topic.

Zombies, we all love them. We love to kill them. We love to be them. We love to use them in every single way possible... yes, even the ways that shouldn't be... *shudders* So why am I bringing this up? Simple. It's time we make the zombies work for us.

Example, in The Walking Dead, the black chick with the sweet katana (srry I don't remember her name) had two zombie companions traveling with her. They had their arms and jaws cut off, so that they can't hurt anybody, and they are lead around on a leash. They are used to help carry stuff in backpacks.

Back to The Walking Dead again. The Governor uses kidnapped zombies as entertainment, or just to use them to invade the prison rick and the others are hold up in. Oh yes, and he also has his zombified daughter locked up safely and he still treats her like she is alive.

In short, we should be able to do more with the zombies around us. Use them as carrier bags, pets, weapons, whatever. The trick would be to capture the zombie without getting hit yourself.

• Like 2

using them as a carrier... FUCK YES! Now, imagine  you're unlucky, and it runs away.... The guy who kills it will feel like he killed santa.. :) :)

I currently have a van full of them for anyone wishing to try anything at svetlojarsk

And I was just there not a few moments ago... no wonder it felt erringly familiar...

using them as a carrier... FUCK YES! Now, imagine  you're unlucky, and it runs away.... The guy who kills it will feel like he killed santa.. :) :)

That could happen. Did in the show. :)

• Like 1

Yeah the interesting part, the part to think about, you stated in the last sentence, "The trick would be to capture the zombie without getting hit yourself."

In DayZ, the zombies are not slow, stumbling, uncoordinated monsters; they are, instead, fast, decently-smart, 10 ft. attack spanned birds of prey that can see for miles (exaggerated, I know lol).

The issue here is that one would need to create traps in order to catch zombies (or other things) and then once they are caught, there would need to be a way to make the zombies harmless as you talked about Meshaun doing in The Walking Dead, but there would be a chance of being attacked or infected when doing so, I would think.

Just my two cents.

Yeah the interesting part, the part to think about, you stated in the last sentence, "The trick would be to capture the zombie without getting hit yourself."

In DayZ, the zombies are not slow, stumbling, uncoordinated monsters; they are, instead, fast, decently-smart, 10 ft. attack spanned birds of prey that can see for miles (exaggerated, I know lol).

The issue here is that one would need to create traps in order to catch zombies (or other things) and then once they are caught, there would need to be a way to make the zombies harmless as you talked about Meshaun doing in The Walking Dead, but there would be a chance of being attacked or infected when doing so, I would think.

Just my two cents.

We don't want it to be too easy, otherwise we get every new spawn walking up to a zombie and going "Be my friend!" Though it would be hilarious seeing them being eatened alive... :D. But yes I do agree with you about the need for traps. Have nets set up, or rope on the ground that hangs a person upside down by a tree when activated, bear traps to hold them in place, that sort of thing. Also, we'd need a more precise melee fighting mechanic for dismembering body parts.

• Like 1

We don't want it to be too easy, otherwise we get every new spawn walking up to a zombie and going "Be my friend!" Though it would be hilarious seeing them being eatened alive... :D. But yes I do agree with you about the need for traps. Have nets set up, or rope on the ground that hangs a person upside down by a tree when activated, bear traps to hold them in place, that sort of thing. Also, we'd need a more precise melee fighting mechanic for dismembering body parts.

Agreed. I think that, once you catch a zombie in a trap, there should be an action or something that would allow you to render the zombie harmless, but there is a 90% chance (or something) that you are hurt & infected in this process.

Then it would be cool, if this system was implemented, to have that % chance decreased by certain things, maybe if you had a riot vest with hard ABS plastic neck and arm guards etc. That would make it much more risky to do this, but it would allow those who stay alive and who are smart to be able to reap the benefits of it. That way, not everyone could walk around with a zombie-buddy unless they got lucky and that % chance decided to spare them.

Few things... 

1. Her name is Michonne.

2. What happens when you log off?

3. They can't even get zombies to "see" buildings at the moment.  Can't imagine if they will get this to actually happen.

4. This is a cool idea though.

Edited by twinturbonet

Agreed. I think that, once you catch a zombie in a trap, there should be an action or something that would allow you to render the zombie harmless, but there is a 90% chance (or something) that you are hurt & infected in this process.

Then it would be cool, if this system was implemented, to have that % chance decreased by certain things, maybe if you had a riot vest with hard ABS plastic neck and arm guards etc. That would make it much more risky to do this, but it would allow those who stay alive and who are smart to be able to reap the benefits of it. That way, not everyone could walk around with a zombie-buddy unless they got lucky and that % chance decided to spare them.

I do like that percentage to fail capturing the zombie. though maybe make it around 80-85% failure chance? To make it easier (for well equipt survivors at least) you could use something like a taser to stun them for a few seconds (if tasers work on them, if not then you just pissed it off :D.) Or even have another person there to help getting the zombie ready for servitude.

Few things... 

1. her name is Michonne.

2. What happens when you log off?

3. They can't even get zombies to "see" buildings at the moment.  Can't imagine if they will get this to actually happen.

4. This is a cool idea though.

1. I'm not good with remembering names, and it's been a while since I've seen the show. But she is awesome :).

2. My guess would be that they would stay with you, like how a weapon, or a backpack stays with you even when you log off.

3. I'm not expecting this feature to be implemented before alpha is finished, or even during beta. But if they can get the zombie ghost problem worked out, it would be cool to see this implemented. Time I used those bastards for something other than target, and axe swinging practice :).

4. I'm glad you liked it.

1. I'm not good with remembering names, and it's been a while since I've seen the show. But she is awesome :).  She is.

2. My guess would be that they would stay with you, like how a weapon, or a backpack stays with you even when you log off. Blah!  I think they should just stand there and have the option to be taken or looted.  Just like a tent.

3. I'm not expecting this feature to be implemented before alpha is finished, or even during beta. But if they can get the zombie ghost problem worked out, it would be cool to see this implemented. Time I used those bastards for something other than target, and axe swinging practice :).  ... :thumbsup:

Edited by twinturbonet
  • Like 1

Considering they are infected and not true zombies you would have to handcuff them and put a sack on their head and the you need a rope to guide them as cutting out their jaws and arms would kill them wouldn't it? Done in this way I think it would be cool.

I want to take a bunch of zombies into a random school and make it a zombie stripclub. Who wants to have a wild night with these beauti...uhh ladies!

Considering they are infected and not true zombies you would have to handcuff them and put a sack on their head and the you need a rope to guide them as cutting out their jaws and arms would kill them wouldn't it? Done in this way I think it would be cool.

Way I see it is, if these zombies can be killed by having their jaws and arms chopped/ripped off, then how did they overrun the population and the military? You'd think they would all be gunned down by now. :)