Sign in to follow this  
savini

A Satisfying Murder

I'll try not to get as carried away with this story, but no promises :P.

So after a few days of messing about up north, I quickly grew tired of hiding out in the forest north of Krasnostav. So I did what any sane person does when they get bored. I killed meself.

Finally, fresh shoes, fresh clothes, fresh flesh, and fresh ocean air. Now I can come up with a whole new persona. I decide to play the doctor role. Heading down the coast towards Elektro, I find and pick up a few essentials. A backpack, some food, and most importantly for my new character...a defibrillator. I toss my flashlight and plug in the uber 9-volt. Strong enough to bring one back from the dead in a defib, but still kid friendly enough to lick.

I arrive in Elektro and find a number of homes have already been looted. I continue towards the hospital in hopes of finding the rest of the supplies I'm going to need if I intend to be a doctor...at least a decent one. Rummaging around I find a few medkits, antibiotics, painkillers, morphine, saline...and so forth. I'm being very blatant in my searching and constantly talking. Hoping that my openness shows a tendency towards friendliness. I stop by the church and get my gear organized so that I can quickly help whoever needs treatment. I find and fill a couple extra water bottles to pass on to my would be patients along with a writing a few notes that recommend getting 'plenty of rest'. You know, typical doctory stuff.

Time passes and morning turns to afternoon. I ran into one fellow who just needed some food. I opened some beans and gave him some water. I'm about to call it a day when I see someone heading towards the school/office in the middle of Elektro. From my position it looked as though he was heading towards the grocery store.

I begin approaching the man calling out friendly and saying I was a doctor. There is no response. I thought maybe he didn't hear me. I walk into the grocery and stand behind the last shelf in the back. I call out again "Hey dude, I've got medical supplies and food if you need." No response.

Then I see he is at the school/office on the roof. I yell a bit louder "Yo!". He turns my way. I stay behind the shelf and watch. He turns towards the door and a few moments later I see him come out the side door. He has a revolver out. I talk aloud "Hey pal, no trouble here...I'm just a doctor trying to help people out." He says nothing as he walks through the front door of the grocery store and starts to approach me as I stand behind the shelf.

Luckily I had the foresight to grab my own revolver for just this type of situation. I keep it tucked in my backpack so that it is not visible.

I duck behind the shelf and pull the revolver from my bag. "I'm here to help people, guy." I say in my last attempt to defuse the situation. I can still hear the footsteps approaching so I raise my revolver to eye level and stand up. Before he could even figure out that this doctor is packin', I put a round in his chest.

At least that's what I thought. He didn't go down with that first shot, but he was bleeding profusely. He let out a few shots in rapid succession as I ducked behind the shelf again. Luckily he missed each and every shot. His screen must've been quite blurry or something because we were only about 5 meters apart. I stood back up as he jumped out the window, running towards the building across the street.

I decide this scumbag is not worthy of life. I yell out "I told you I was a doctor here to help, but you wanted to shoot anyway" as he tries to get away. Just as he is about to round the corner I fire a round at his legs, scoring a hit. He collapses unconscious I assume. I walk up and say "It didn't have to end this way. You wanted a gunfight and now you're dead, bitch". With that I finished him off.

I was filled with satisfaction knowing that I had made Elektro just a wee bit safer* and that his punishment was just.

*For a few minutes at least :P

[EDIT: Cleaned up a few errors and reworded a couple sentences. I should proof-read before I post.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 4

Nice story. Even if he wasn't going to shoot you (you shot first) he still should have responded. Acting the way he did is asking for a bullet. Hope to see you out there sometime when I'm in trouble Doc.

• Like 1

Nice story. Even if he wasn't going to shoot you (you shot first) he still should have responded. Acting the way he did is asking for a bullet. Hope to see you out there sometime when I'm in trouble Doc.

True. I decided the "Han" approach would keep me alive. :D

• Like 1

You have my beans good sir! This was a killing justified. Who the hell pulls their gun on a doctor without responding? That's one less scumbag to contend with, for the moment. :)

• Like 1

Thanks dudes.

I'm going to try and capture some footage of this characters life and perhaps make a montage of some of the entertaining bits.

Depending on how well he does, of course.

Hmm, the Han approach?  Shouldn't you have waited until he shot first?  NNNNOOOOOOOO!!  I am joking and it left a bad taste in my mouth to even say that. (Or a bad feeling on my fingertips as I typed?)

But yes, good story.  I hate killing those that don't respond, but when I give them the ultimatum "Stop walking towards me if you want me to stay friendly!" and they keep moving, I fire while screaming "YOU MADE ME DO THIS!  YOU MADE ME DO THIS!"

• Like 1

Hmm, the Han approach?  Shouldn't you have waited until he shot first?  NNNNOOOOOOOO!!  I am joking and it left a bad taste in my mouth to even say that. (Or a bad feeling on my fingertips as I typed?)

But yes, good story.  I hate killing those that don't respond, but when I give them the ultimatum "Stop walking towards me if you want me to stay friendly!" and they keep moving, I fire while screaming "YOU MADE ME DO THIS!  YOU MADE ME DO THIS!"

LOL

I was reading back over the story and I remembered something.

After I finished off this prick I figured I would see what he had. Though I can't remember exactly what he had, I think it was just a couple cans of food and his magnum, I do remember noticing that the revolver was 'badly damaged' leading me to believe that my first round did in fact hit the gun before going through.

He was still able to fire however, but I remember a moment of hesitation before he shot. I think perhaps the gun wasn't working properly after that first shot.

Then again I could be wrong.

Has anyone had trouble firing a badly damaged weapon?