Sign in to follow this  
Alexzander34

Base Building Suggestions

Hello everyone, i'm new on the forum but not on the game, my name is Alex.

So here it is some suggestions about base building which is very important for the futur of dayz :

1 - Dig your base! I'm not talking about make a new underground subway, but just a little base under the groud, that we could make near of a tree for hide the way in, the items for making it               would be very hard to find.

2 - A treehouse! Why not? lol I mean if we want to be realistic, in a real apocalypse situation it would be hard to make a 100 feet wood tower like in Rust, the people will use the environnement.. I       guess..

3 - Barricade a house! It would be the easiest way to make a camp, but not the best for safety..

As I said if the game want to be realistic, base building is very important, more if the devs want to add a sleeping system for more "reality".

And once again all the items and the crafts for making a camp should be hard to find, and some of the items would be findable only in certain place of the map, it will force the player to travel and to take risk.

So here is some of my suggestions about base building i got some about vehicles but for me, the main thing is to make car difficult from access, and bycicle or horse easy to find.

So guys if you like or don't like my ideas please tell me, and tell me your ideas about base building too, i would be glad to hear it and sorry if my english is not perfect.

Have a nice day!

post-195774-0-03445400-1392675139_thumb.

• Like 1

I don't think we're going to get digging or tree building. They're good ideas, but I am not sure they'll be supported by the game engine itself. 

I think we'll be limited to building basic structures and fortifying existing ones. 

Sleeping is also off the cards I think. That's simulated already by logging out of the server.

Sleeping is also off the cards I think. That's simulated already by logging out of the server.

Yeah, but then you're not "sleeping", you are more disapear because you take your stuff with you, but well i understand that sleeping is not appreciate by everyone, what i think is that if we have a camp for protecting us, well sleeping might not disturbing me.

I don't think we're going to get digging or tree building. They're good ideas, but I am not sure they'll be supported by the game engine itself. 

Well on this point i must admit, i have not much knowledge about game programming, just some basics on cpp, so i really don't know how "technically" those ideas are possible, i guess it will hard to realize, because it allow the players to modify the environnement..

Well on this point i must admit, i have not much knowledge about game programming, just some basics on cpp, so i really don't know how "technically" those ideas are possible, i guess it will hard to realize, because it allow the players to modify the environnement..

Yeah as far as I know the engine doesn't support terrain deformation. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Yeah as far as I know the engine doesn't support terrain deformation. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Well, we will see I guess.. But yeah after research i don't see any information that could confirm that the take on engine support terrain deformation